What? Surely you jest... No Franklin/Brentwood talk?

sportsguy1976

Please tell me I'm wrong... please tell me people aren't SOOOOO caught up in thinking how "Brentwood isn't as good this year so Franklin should kill them" that they don't want to talk about this classic rivalry game????

I don't care what Brentwood has or doesn't have, they always come to play against Franklin... and it doesn't help the goobers in administration at Franklin made this week Homecoming...

That's right... HOMECOMING... against BRENTWOOD?

I LOVE this game... every single year it is one of the best played, most dramatic games of the season... if I had to think of some of my favorites since I've lived here, more than one Franklin-Brentwood game would be in the top 10...

My take on this game:

Franklin has a great team... with shaky quarterbacks... if Brentwood can borrow some of Independence's second-half gameplan this game could get pretty interesting... if Franklin's quarterbacks finally start making plays, the Bruins could be in trouble early...

You don't have schools less than 10 miles apart and kids who see each other at the mall, the grocery store or the local Sonic/McDonald's without a little bit of rivalry spice... I think the whole homecoming thing is going to play a HUGE factor in this game... the folks at Brentwood are PEEVED about being Franklin's homecoming... that's like smacking them right in the face and saying, "Hey, you guys aren't any good..."

So... if no one wants to talk about it, fine... I know I'll be there... and I'll be excited as heck to see what happens...

Well maybe both teams just want to be friends. Or maybe they are just tired of the hype and want to go out there and play football. It's very possible that both teams are tired of talking smack. I know for sure that both teams have friends on the other side of the ball that they hang out with on the weekends and that could be a very big part of the non trash talk on CoachT. So there is your answer guy i hope you are happy with it cuz if not get over it cuz your gonna see a good game no matter what people say on CoachT.

P.S. Franklin had no choice in playing Brentwood as their homecoming and their coach was upset actually that the administration picked Brentwood as their homecoming game. The team and everyone that knows anything about this rivalry knows that either team no matter how bad the record always comes out to play the other and it is very unwise to pick the other for a game like this. Anyway i hope the game is good i promises to be a great one.

Edited by XxXJoJoXxX

Sure isn't like it used to be- this used to be one of the bigtime smack-offs on this board. While the Raptor-Bruin contests have taken on the flavor of UT vs. Florida, this one has always been a UT vs. Bama type rivalry. Oh, well, I guess things change. :lol:

Also, the Administration has choices in the matter, especially the principal who used to be the principal at Brentwood. Regardless though, it is what it is and they've designated Brentwood as THE opponent for this celebration.

The crowd will be huge for this. I know the Bruins and Coach Crawford have "discussed" being chosen the homecoming opponent this year, just about every minute of the practices this week. I know he's curious about whether or not to enter a float in the parade as well. Since they haven't been a homecoming opponent in almost ten years, they aren't quite sure of the protocol. However, the respect given for this honor has been duly noted.

Sure isn't like it used to be- this used to be one of the bigtime smack-offs on this board. While the Raptor-Bruin contests have taken on the flavor of UT vs. Florida, this one has always been a UT vs. Bama type rivalry. Oh, well, I guess things change. :D

Also, the Administration has choices in the matter, especially the principal who used to be the principal at Brentwood. Regardless though, it is what it is and they've designated Brentwood as THE opponent for this celebration.

The crowd will be huge for this. I know the Bruins and Coach Crawford have "discussed" being chosen the homecoming opponent this year, just about every minute of the practices this week. I know he's curious about whether or not to enter a float in the parade as well. Since they haven't been a homecoming opponent in almost ten years, they aren't quite sure of the protocol. However, the respect given for this honor has been duly noted.

Float like the one in "Animal House" would be interesting. :D

Franklin Wins 17-6

Franklin mostly pounded it out on the ground. Both touchdowns were rushing TD's. One by Frohock and the other by Sellers. Both had quite a few yards rushing (would have had more if the refs would have let the teams play the game.)

Once again, Campbell didn't get involved much. He had a couple of receptions and at least one drop that hit him right in the hands. He also had a good chance for a long TD, but he couldn't avoid one defender in the open field. He is going to have to make that play if he is going to get to play at Tennessee.

Edited by tenn9fan

A couple observations from last night's game...

After the first couple drives I seriously wondered if there would be a point scored in the game. Once Franklin got their running game going, particularly the quarterback Sellers, the Rebels looked to be in control. Sellers looked good for a sophomore. He has great wheels and even broke a couple arm tackles by Brentwood defenders much bigger than him. He looked to have decent arm strength, just lacked touch. That should improve in the next couple years. He could be a good high school quarterback.

Todd Campbell only had two catches. He didn't make an obvious impact, but he did some little things well. He had some great blocks on the edges that allowed some of Franklin's longer runs. He made a great tackle on a punt just as the Brentwood player caught it. Watching him, I can't help but think what his stats would be like if Sellers could keep the ball down.

Casey Dykes had a great game for Franklin. I believe he had 2 sacks to go with a bunch of tackles. It seemed like wherever the ball was, there was Dykes. He had a few great punt returns, including one touchdown that was called back. I was looking where and when the ref through the flag, and I didn't see the penalty.

Brentwood's student section? That was bad. I went over there, and they had a handful of maniacs, but the rest of the crowd was just quietly watching the game. And there weren't many of them. That was the biggest shock of all to me. I couldn't believe how weak the Brentwood crowd was for such a big game.