Mo-West @ Boone

randy3116

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the glass eye not take?

Staph infection in the eye and the plates they put in his head. He was at the game tonight, though. He's scheduled for surgery, but had it put off so he could be at this game. Tough kid. The raffle went well, and the cheerleaders passed the hats during halftime. Looked like they did pretty well, I hope so, anyway.

Turnovers were the name of the game, brother. Started out great. Got the ball first and drove the length of the field, but missed a field goal. MoWest got the ball and we held them to 3 and out, then drove the length of the field again and scored to start the 2nd quarter. Their offense only ran 3 plays in the first quarter. After we scored, we tried an onside kick (go figure), that didn't work. But the defense played a pretty good game.

They led 7 - 6 at halftime, but scored on the opening drive of the 2nd half. Biggest thing that killed us were 2 interceptions by Daniel Sharp. 1st one, he was chased out of the pocket and I thought he was throwing it away out of bounds, but they snagged it somehow, second one he just didn't see the linebacker that was laying off and waiting. Both INTs were with us driving in their territory.

Defense came up with some big stops, twice stopping them deep in our red zone, but the offense put them in bad spots, and they eventually wore down.

Props to MoWest, though. Real Big, Real Fast, Real Strong. Great game. West certainly deserves the top spot in the conference, and should go far. We have got to beat out MoEast to get the second spot, but we've got Volunteer and the Musket Bowl to worry about, first.

Congrats to an impressive Trojan team...................

Here's my take on what I saw. MoWest decided to run the option to the weak side until Boone stopped it. Boone did not stop it.

I came on here 3 or 4 weeks ago and said Boone needed to spend about 3 days working on their kicking game and clock management. Tonight Boone had 2 blocked field goals, a missed extra point, and a blocked punt for a safety which led to MoWest getting the ball back with a short field for another touchdown. Also at 9:06 left in the 2nd quarter Boone had 0 timeouts and with 11 minutes to go in the game Boone's out of timeouts again.

2 good things for Boone is that they have Volunteer and Crockett left before their final game against MoEast which will probably be for 2nd in the region. And they will not play a better team than they played tonight.

I sat in front of Coach Jerry Jenkins tonight. That was actually more entertaining than the game itself. He was calling for the back-up qb to come in at the end of the 3rd quarter and was wanting Jarrett to come out of the game also. He said Sharpe was just making too many bad decisions and Jarrett had no heart and was playing scared all game. You could definately tell Jarrett was not wanting to get hit. One thing I had to disagree with him on was that he thought MoWest should playing in 5A. There enrollment is less than 100 more than Boone's is.

Anyway it was a good half again and there is no shame in going 9-1.

Staph infection in the eye and the plates they put in his head. He was at the game tonight, though. He's scheduled for surgery, but had it put off so he could be at this game. Tough kid. The raffle went well, and the cheerleaders passed the hats during halftime. Looked like they did pretty well, I hope so, anyway.

Coach Jenkins said he was working in the tobacco fields a couple of weeks ago without even wearing his patch. Boone could have used him tonight stopping their option.

Here's my take on what I saw. MoWest decided to run the option to the weak side until Boone stopped it. Boone did not stop it.

I came on here 3 or 4 weeks ago and said Boone needed to spend about 3 days working on their kicking game and clock management. Tonight Boone had 2 blocked field goals, a missed extra point, and a blocked punt for a safety which led to MoWest getting the ball back with a short field for another touchdown. Also at 9:06 left in the 2nd quarter Boone had 0 timeouts and with 11 minutes to go in the game Boone's out of timeouts again.

2 good things for Boone is that they have Volunteer and Crockett left before their final game against MoEast which will probably be for 2nd in the region. And they will not play a better team than they played tonight.

I sat in front of Coach Jerry Jenkins tonight. That was actually more entertaining than the game itself. He was calling for the back-up qb to come in at the end of the 3rd quarter and was wanting Jarrett to come out of the game also. He said Sharpe was just making too many bad decisions and Jarrett had no heart and was playing scared all game. You could definately tell Jarrett was not wanting to get hit. One thing I had to disagree with him on was that he thought MoWest should playing in 5A. There enrollment is less than 100 more than Boone's is.

Anyway it was a good half again and there is no shame in going 9-1.

1st of all this is Blazer52's pops and not Blazer52. I will start off by saying that I agree with the your comments about the time outs and the kicking game, Both hurt Boone tonight. My take on the game is that when you are playing a team with that many athletes you have to give your playmakers a rest if possible. Dye Jarret, Pratt and Masters didnot ome off the field! Mo West has a wining tradition and therefore they get the players out for the team. When you can give your STUD LINEBACKER #44 a blow as well as every other player on Defense when your offense is on the field that increases your chances to win. Boone is headed in the right direction and we are all proud of them. I would also like to say that alot of players visit this sight and anything that is said by the coaches in the heat of the moment needs to be keep to yourself. There are 3 more games and then the playoffs to look forward to and the TEAM does'nt need to think about anything else but Volunteer.

Edited by Blazer52

Mikey buddy, I don't know where you get your stats, but based off of the TN Report card from last year, Mo West has 1,428 students, Daniel Boone has 1,295.

Regardless, Coach Jenkins says what is on his mind.

Hats off to Boone for a good game, congrats to all the Mo West fans and team, you truly have a tough powerhouse of a team.

Edited by formerblazer

Mikey buddy, I don't know where you get your stats, but based off of the TN Report card from last year, Mo West has 1,428 students, Daniel Boone has 1,295.

Regardless, Coach Jenkins says what is on his mind.

Hats off to Boone for a good game, congrats to all the Mo West fans and team, you truly have a tough powerhouse of a team.

I got my stats from this web site.

I got mine from the Tennessee Dept of Education. I'm just wondering where this site gets its stats now. I trust the Dept of Education over Coach T (don't flame me fans!)

You also said your numbers were from last year right? Regardless if MoWest was supposed to be in 5A, they would be. Check any of the Maryville threads for why or why not. The DOE should be trusted just as much as any government agency. This is coming from someone who worked for the DOD for 8 years.