RIVERDALE vs. SMYRNA

SCN08FearTheSpear

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one Smyrna receiver stood out to me and that was of course Rod Wilks. If Riverdale can contain him they will contain Sonny Gray and the Bulldogs. One play Smyrna likes to run often is just a quick out to Wilks and they give him a block or two and let him to the rest. However...Smyrna's defense is small and I don't think they will stop Scott Thomas and the rest of the r'dale offense

Dont forget bout Torres who could be close to one of the region leaders in receptions and TD's.. don't underestimate Smyrna in this one..

How are they all talk.. (6-1 4-0) doesnt sound like all talk to me.. I mean R'Dale has the same record so are they all talk...?

I think what that means is SHS is all talk when it comes to RHS.

As a former RHS player (like it really matters!), I think:

-Shadowins will find a way to lose this game like he always does (same ole song)

-RHS's line & backers will cover the DB's butts like always

-A positive about the offense Coach A is running, all skill players and their daddies get to run the ball

-No matter how much positive talk SHS coaches, players, faculty & fans talk, it's already in the back of their head that they have lost this game.

-The off week will make this game hyper than it probably will be!

How are they all talk.. (6-1 4-0) doesnt sound like all talk to me.. I mean R'Dale has the same record so are they all talk...?

When it comes to beating really good teams Smyrna has a history of running their mouths (the fans on here at least) and then getting a mouthful of sod ang grass shoved down their throat come Friday. The same thing will happen with this game. Smyrna will run smack for two weeks, but they'll wake up Friday the 13th and they will still have one of the weaker defenses in 5A.

I would be suprised if this is even a contest in the 4th quarter. I think Riverdale will run the ball and eat up clock. Smyrna will find themselves down by two scores with no choice but to air it out on every down and Riverdale's D will start getting sacks, INTs, and maybe even TDs.

I am by no means a Riverdale fan- I dislike them a lot actually. But they have always backed it up on the field. Smyrna is ALL TALK.

[quote name=I would be suprised if this is even a contest in the 4th quarter. I think Riverdale will run the ball and eat up clock. Smyrna will find themselves down by two scores with no choice but to air it out on every down and Riverdale's D will start getting sacks, INTs, and maybe even TDs.

Well who better to have back there airing it out.. Sonny Gray(one of the best if not the best QB's in the state).. this is going to be closer than expected.. whoever shows up with there "A" game will win.. I still haven't seen Smyrna put it all together yet.. but boy when they do there going to be hard to stop.. hopefully it will be in 2 weeks against Riverdale.. Good Luck both teams..!!

Edited by Live4FridayNite615