Waverly @ Lewis County

15 NWTF 08

Well, I hope Lewis County comes out a little (LOT) more fired up this week to begin the game. Having the opposition set the pace every week is not a good habit. The past two games about gave me an ulcer. The defense has been ample, but they haven't been playing offensive powerhouses. Having said that, I think you need to check your predicted score...

http://www.coacht.com/inside/schedule.cfm?...amp;SeasonID=51

Only 2 of those TDs came at the hands of the 1st team. The first was due to a fumble on LC's own 4 yard line (Hickman County) and the second was against Stewart County...no good explanation or excuse for that one.

To beat Lewis County, Waverly will have to either outscore them or shut them down defensively. Both are pretty tall orders.

waverly will win this one watch and see.......

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None so blind as those who do not see. Papa, I hate too burst your bubble but wavo isn't very good. We run basically two plays against you guys and beat you into submission (try the weightroom). Stratford didn't have 400 yds of offense. They didn't have a first down in the second half. So you shouldn't feel bad. We pummeled them pretty good too but alas turnovers cost us the game. We don't think it will be easy when we move down, but it will be easier. We may not win another game this year but we beat you and we'll more than make up for past losses in the coming years. Wooohoooo! By the way, Lewis Co. will beat you as bad as they want to. They are physical and you aren't..

You're right. They didn't have 400 yards, they had 439. 169 yards rushing, 270 passing. Check the Tennessean stats. You are right, you ran the wing T, more than two plays, a variation of about 5 plays. Either way. We had several new starters in their first game ever and I would almost guarantee you couldn't beat us now. Of course, we'll never know. Some other teams on our schedule tried to do the same thing obviously looking at that game film. The results as you see was very different. In fact Richland ran the very same things over and over again like you all did. We won 10-0.

HC won the game fair and square but had an advantage of having played a game and working out the bugs. As far as us being not physical is a laugh. We weren't very physical against you all but it was first game whatevers. Waverly is very physical now. and yes you started several younger players too, but who is to say they won't be at East Hickman next year? :thumb:

Waverly might not beat Lewis County, but it will be close.

Edited by papatiger

Funny guys. I knew I was going to catch bull when I posted that. I was trying to be kind, but since you Waverly guys insist...What I was implying was that even if Lewis County's defense is off...WAAAAAAAYYYYYY OFF....Waverly is incapable of keeping up with LC's offense. Capish?

If you're going to reply with a comeback...bring stats, not excuses.

Funny guys. I knew I was going to catch bull when I posted that. I was trying to be kind, but since you Waverly guys insist...What I was implying was that even if Lewis County's defense is off...WAAAAAAAYYYYYY OFF....Waverly is incapable of keeping up with LC's offense. Capish?

If you're going to reply with a comeback...bring stats, not excuses.

We DID bring stats..

You're right. They didn't have 400 yards, they had 439. 169 yards rushing, 270 passing. Check the Tennessean stats. You are right, you ran the wing T, more than two plays, a variation of about 5 plays.

In fact Richland ran the very same things over and over again like you all did. We won 10-0.

We DID bring stats..

Where do I start? Here goes...

First....WE didn't bring anything. Someone else did, and you're trying to take the credit.

Second...These aren't even Waverly's stats! These stats are for Stratford when they played Hickman County. Please tell everyone what this has to do with anything?

Third...You edited the other guy's post to point out the Richland game. Lewis County beat them 34-0. Subs were in with several minutes left. Plus, I dare to say that Richland was much more stoked to play Lewis County than they were to play Waverly.

I'm not saying it's going to be an easy game for Lewis County. On the contrary. I think it will be Lewis County's toughest game of the season to this point.

When we drop to 2A we know we hope we're in your region. We'll never finish last as long as you guys are in with us. We started 6-8 sophs. on defense and a bunch on offense. We're just better than you guys, admit it man. Waverly has forgotten how to hit.

Apparently we didnt forget how to hit last year. One Question: how many fumbles did Hickman County have against us? Because i know i forced 2 of them just off of Josh Brown. Sounds like somebody was gettin smacked around. If we would have had a better offense we wouldve killed yall last year.

Where do I start? Here goes...

First....WE didn't bring anything. Someone else did, and you're trying to take the credit.

Second...These aren't even Waverly's stats! These stats are for Stratford when they played Hickman County. Please tell everyone what this has to do with anything?

Third...You edited the other guy's post to point out the Richland game. Lewis County beat them 34-0. Subs were in with several minutes left. Plus, I dare to say that Richland was much more stoked to play Lewis County than they were to play Waverly.

I'm not saying it's going to be an easy game for Lewis County. On the contrary. I think it will be Lewis County's toughest game of the season to this point.

Sorry if you caught that wrong, i was talking about our Richland game, sorry for the confusion. And you did say 'Guys' so i was taking up for a fellow WCHS supporter, sorry for the confusion.

Is this Waverly vs. Lewis or Hickman vs. Waverly?

Lewis county should win this one.....close.....but a win.

FYI...Lewis county is playing mainly sophmores and juniors on both "O" and "D".

They seem to have a promising freshman group that will see playing time next year.......so it looks as if LCHS will be contenders for quite a few years.

Is this Waverly vs. Lewis or Hickman vs. Waverly?

Lewis county should win this one.....close.....but a win.

FYI...Lewis county is playing mainly sophmores and juniors on both "O" and "D".

They seem to have a promising freshman group that will see playing time next year.......so it looks as if LCHS will be contenders for quite a few years.

FYI...waverly is playing mostly FRESHMEN SOPHMORES AND JUNIORS WITH A HECK OF AN 8TH GRADE CLASS COMING UP!!! I believe that we will be hearing alot about waverly for more than a few yrs...its gonna be like old times at WCHS winning everything...

FYI...waverly is playing mostly FRESHMEN SOPHMORES AND JUNIORS WITH A HECK OF AN 8TH GRADE CLASS COMING UP!!! I believe that we will be hearing alot about waverly for more than a few yrs...its gonna be like old times at WCHS winning everything...

I believe the middle school of waverly is playing lewis county middle tonight....should be a good one. What is the middle school record now.....just curious. Wish both luck!