Waverly @ Lewis County

15 NWTF 08

To end this thread on a very positive note, I could honestly say that the level of respect for both teams should have risen. Everyone should understand that Waverly's Defense is nothing to be taken lightly. Also, it is nearing playoff time and the big thing to worry about is knocking off the "Tennessean Pets" which are also considered 5-2a. I think the results of the first week of the playoffs will put this discussion to an end.

Edited by LCHSgrinch

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To end this thread on a very positive note, I could honestly say that the level of respect for both teams should have risen. Everyone should understand that Waverly's Defense is nothing to be taken lightly. Also, it is nearing playoff time and the big thing to worry about is knocking off the "Tennessean Pets" which are also considered 5-2a. I think the results of the first week of the playoffs will put this discussion to an end.

I agree. Finally someone said something that means anything. Everyone that came to the game last night other than (926 Wrong. Scoreboard doesn't lie. Move on.) realizes that both teams are very good.

Good luck Lewis County, we'll be rooting for you when you play the "Tennessean Pets" and whip their tails.

Papa Tiger.... "official stats?" LOL I guess official stats are like beauty, in the eye of the beholder. Your stats would be official for Waverly, our stats would be official for Lewis County and since the game was in Lewis County, then the official stats for the Tennessean would be those called in from Lewis County.

:)

Take care and good luck the rest of the way.

alrite, been wantin 2 post since last night but didnt git chance....ok from my point of view of last night, waverly shoulda won that game...our defense did great, at most they allowd only 1 touchdown i think and that was cuz sumone got wide open deep....the rest of lc's scores came while we were on offense...and which those reasons can be fixd very simply...we love runnin the ball and thats very obvious but we run the ball to the wrong side too much, we have 2 inexperiencd sophomores on oneside of the line and 2 well experiencd juniors on the other side...every time we run to that side we usually git bigger gains and every time we run to the other side we got stopd for a loss or hardly any gain...that side is also the side that the defense has been coming from to sack the qb and where lc came thru to block our punt....i really hope graves can do sumthin about it, because our qb likes to hang on to the ball and not git rid of it when he needs to and with it like that we need some protection for him...but it was a good game for lewis county, they have a great team but so does waverly and i really believe it even after that game....i hope we'r able to fix our problems befor camden cuz it would be so great to win that one....also lewis co's 21 and 17 are some awsome players, great job to them and the rest of tha team and best of look in playoffs...

alrite, been wantin 2 post since last night but didnt git chance....ok from my point of view of last night, waverly shoulda won that game...our defense did great, at most they allowd only 1 touchdown i think and that was cuz sumone got wide open deep....the rest of lc's scores came while we were on offense...and which those reasons can be fixd very simply...we love runnin the ball and thats very obvious but we run the ball to the wrong side too much, we have 2 inexperiencd sophomores on oneside of the line and 2 well experiencd juniors on the other side...every time we run to that side we usually git bigger gains and every time we run to the other side we got stopd for a loss or hardly any gain...that side is also the side that the defense has been coming from to sack the qb and where lc came thru to block our punt....i really hope graves can do sumthin about it, because our qb likes to hang on to the ball and not git rid of it when he needs to and with it like that we need some protection for him...but it was a good game for lewis county, they have a great team but so does waverly and i really believe it even after that game....i hope we'r able to fix our problems befor camden cuz it would be so great to win that one....also lewis co's 21 and 17 are some awsome players, great job to them and the rest of tha team and best of look in playoffs...

you said we only scored 1 td on offense we scored 3 just to let everyone know i was on tha field an this was'nt a close game we hit them for the first 2 quaters an than did'nt want any more an that was an example of dont walk tha walk if u cant talk tha talk we didnt need a river to knock tha snot out of them this is a rude way of sayin it but someone had to its just facts

Edited by mss51

yes, u did score them on ur offense...but our offense is the reason u got the score, honestly....waverly's offense was never really there, luke anderson #24 took over 2nd half and actually did great for us but then we go and change it back around....jus wonderin, when u git sumthin that works, y do u go and revert back to what wasnt workin all night....our defense was able to hold lewis co's offense, and that is the facts....lewis co's defense was deffinatly able to hold waverly's offense...like said earlier this week, this was a defensive game...

from your point of view, Waverly should have won the game, where was your point of view from Memphis because it wasn't from Hohenwald. Waverly does have a good defense, but the offense couldn't score on the LC defense if they had played for a week solid and to win you have to score :lol:

you said we only scored 1 td on offense we scored 3 just to let everyone know i was on tha field an this was'nt a close game we hit them for the first 2 quaters an than did'nt want any more an that was an example of dont walk tha walk if u cant talk tha talk we didnt need a river to knock tha snot out of them this is a rude way of sayin it but someone had to its just facts

Well, Lewis didn't quit, they tried as hard as they could but couldn't put any more points on the board in the second half. Their starters played the whole game. They were getting tired too. No Waverly shouldn't have won the game but it should of been 9-0. a touchdown and the safety.

Lewis won fairly but don't say that they let up because everyone who came to the game saw differently. Ask your coach and he will tell you, he admitted the same. I know for sure. He told our coaches that. He was very complimentary of the Waverly team. Why can't you be.

Now, its over. Lets get on to the next game for both.