Oneida @ Harriman

DEVILS37748

tb, I was simply asking a question in my previous post, if there is worms in that can just leave it alone. My curiousity was the only reason I asked, just seemed a shame that a strapping boy such as Darby chooses to go the fast food route. I think he played in bits last season, but I would have expected (with work) him to contend with others for playing time.

Kaz

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares? He is not out there, he needs not be discussed. There are athletes and monsters walking the halls of every school that will not play. That is the way it ges, talking about who should be playing and what they could do means crap, who is playing and what are they doing and not doing is what needs to be worried about.

Who cares? He is not out there, he needs not be discussed. There are athletes and monsters walking the halls of every school that will not play. That is the way it ges, talking about who should be playing and what they could do means crap, who is playing and what are they doing and not doing is what needs to be worried about.

ohhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!CAN EVERYBODY DIG THAT!WORDS SPOKEN BY A TRUE POINT OF NO RETURNER <_<

Leave it to Kaz to get something stirred up. How bazar. :thumb:

Harriman is going to be a tough team for Oneida to hold low on the scoreboard; I'm not saying that to knock Oneida's defense in any way. I think Lambert is one of the finest defensive coaches anywhere around. Harriman won't score 50 or 40, and I'd be shocked if they score 30. But they have too many athletes to hold out of the endzone, so Oneida is going to have to score points. I think the Indians need three touchdowns to feel comfortable with their chances in this one. For a team that has only scored four offensive touchdowns in the last five games, that might seem like a tough task to accomplish. But I came away from the Midway game thinking that ol' proverbial glass that everybody always talks about was more half-full than half-empty. Oneida moved the football decently against Midway. And Midway's a doggone good defensive football team; Oneida won't face another defense like that in region play this season. But Oneida had their chances to score; if they avoid turnovers and dropped passes and get the ball into the endzone every time they have an opportunity, the Midway game is much closer than it actually wound up being. Maybe I'm crazy, since Harriman is coming off a game in which it held a Brandon Thompson-led and high-flying Sunbright offense to two scores, but I don't see Harriman shutting Oneida out this week.

Of course, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that Oneida needs to find something in the passing game that works. Adam Jeffers is a good running back. Jonathan Lewallen is a good running back. But you fill the box full of defenders and it's hard for anyone to run. That ain't no secret, and it ain't like the coaches are ignoring it. They've been working hard in practice on the passing game all season. They have the athletes; it just needs to click. I'm sure that a little tweak here or there would help it click and I'm sure the coaches are searching hard for the right place to tweak. Will it come together in time to beat Harriman and Sunbright? Well, that remains to be seen, don't it?

In the meantime, it doesn't matter what kind of offense or defense you have, your success (or lack thereof) is going to be determined greatly by one intangible factor that Kaz already touched on: Heart. Making that long drive down that twisting road to Harriman on Friday night and crawling down into that hole of a football field to play ball might be a little intimidating if Oneida makes the trip thinking they're beat before they even get off the bus. But if they decide to go out with the attitude that's always made Oneida football great, who knows what can happen?

Now before anybody starts calling and filling up my voice mail with irate phone calls, let me reiterate that I am NOT criticizing ANYBODY here: Not the coaches and not the players. <_<

Whats bazar is that you took the time to get on here. Whats it been........a month? :lol: I've seen puzzles solved since your last post. :lol: Don't get me wrong, you can spin a word or two, and I'm sure your legions are crying tears of joy, but keep'em happy dude! You know I have to agree with you about Oneida being able to move the ball, which I stated in the Midway post, they just did all their damage between the 20's. I also think A. Jeffers is a much more effective RB if he doesn't have to beat two defenders himself. Midway was stacked nine players within 6 yards of the ball on numerous plays last Friday. For my money :( , I would think Zack or Aaron or Brad or Pooh or Tyrell could beat a corner that is that isolated. What do you think they will tweak? Good hearing from ya again, WW!

By the way, I gonna have to confine my stirring to soup from now on. :lol:

:( Kazzito

Please don’t take this the wrong way. As an outsider looking in at the Oneida program, it seems to me that the past couple years really show how good a job Coach Henry and Mays where doing at Oneida. I have watched the Oneida program for several years, and they always seemed to compete for the region. Please understand I’m not criticizing the current staff. I’m sure they are doing the best they can. I just think sometimes you don’t realize what you have till you don’t have it anymore. Good luck to Oneida.