Rankings Week 7

mjuhb

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets clarify. There were no chants of "over-rated" coming from the adult fans that were present. If it came from the HS students it sure wasn't very loud. And then, what can you expect? They're students and SAA students aren't exempt from such actions either. There are no "sour grapes" and there is no resentment towards the national ranking. Collierville was nationally ranked last year and they know how it feels.

Personally, I rather not lose, whether the team is nationally ranked or not. Because as you've stated, what matters is the "W." There's no telling how far each team will advance. Collierville has been unable to win a "big" game, but still has time to peak. At this point, there is probably more pressure on SAA to win a state championship than for Collierville to repeat as state champions.

Let's all just try to enjoy the remainder of the season. Besides, unless you're playing against the best teams in the country week in and week out, national rankings are a complete joke. Let's not pat ourselves on the back too hard.

Let's all just try to enjoy the remainder of the season. Besides, unless you're playing against the best teams in the country week in and week out, national rankings are a complete joke. Let's not pat ourselves on the back too hard.

Not trying to start anything with you, but no teams plays "the best teams in the country week in and week out". So why have rankings? The west does not play the east or the middle that often, but we all live with those rankings. The #2 team in one region beats the #1 and everyone wants the ranking to change, but perhaps the #4 team in another region could beat them both. It's all subjective (with an attempt to use the stats avail) and is mostly for our entertainment. AAA got so crazy even mjuhb gave up. Whether we desire it or not, the same criteria is used to evaluate each team and come up with rankings, so we should just live with them as them are always subject to change. Most importantly, in a few weeks, they will be real at least in TN, based on how the season ends. If # 3 ends up State Champ. were the rankings wrong, was it just their day, was a key player hurt.....But they are Number 1 Ranked. (til next year) One thing it looks like we all have come to agree on is that the BEST team does not always win. Being nationally ranked may be a joke to those who are not, but feels real good to those who are. Let them enjoy that little piece of glory, for it will probalbly be short lived. When CHS (that's you) is there, I would like to be the 1st to congratulate and say well desired. Not what a "complete joke". Let the kids feel the rewards of the hard work, injuries and extra efforts, for it is "short lived".

Not trying to start anything with you, but no teams plays "the best teams in the country week in and week out". So why have rankings? The west does not play the east or the middle that often, but we all live with those rankings. The #2 team in one region beats the #1 and everyone wants the ranking to change, but perhaps the #4 team in another region could beat them both. It's all subjective (with an attempt to use the stats avail) and is mostly for our entertainment. AAA got so crazy even mjuhb gave up. Whether we desire it or not, the same criteria is used to evaluate each team and come up with rankings, so we should just live with them as them are always subject to change. Most importantly, in a few weeks, they will be real at least in TN, based on how the season ends. If # 3 ends up State Champ. were the rankings wrong, was it just their day, was a key player hurt.....But they are Number 1 Ranked. (til next year) One thing it looks like we all have come to agree on is that the BEST team does not always win. Being nationally ranked may be a joke to those who are not, but feels real good to those who are. Let them enjoy that little piece of glory, for it will probalbly be short lived. When CHS (that's you) is there, I would like to be the 1st to congratulate and say well desired. Not what a "complete joke". Let the kids feel the rewards of the hard work, injuries and extra efforts, for it is "short lived".

Reading through these posts, it is difficult to decipheer what has more value. Everyone was pushing for the rankings to arrive and when they did, the teams atop the list have no respect from the COACT T posting base. It is shared that tthe rankings have little value becasue it will all be settled at the state tournament. On the other hand, when a team wins the state tournament, even without one goal scored against them in the entore toruneament, it is claimed they were not the best team. This question isn't directed at any "one" poster in particular but...what really is valued here? The most popular team? The team with the most posters? I can see why MJ gave up.

VicFerarri is awesome!

In one post, this dude goes on and on about another team's fans whining (after they beat his team). Since then, he has done nothing but whine.

Brilliant!

Interesting observation. In my first post regarding the SAA-CHS game, where was the whining? I questioned the fact that there were only two refs for this game, but no where in that post did I blame them for the outcome. Go back and read it and don't try reading between the lines because you'd be 100% wrong. I simply stated an observation. Funny, I made no mention of the officiating calls until h20dog brought up it up and then agreed that poor calls were made for/against both teams. I also pointed out that both teams, especially SAA, blew scoring opportunities and indicated that teams have to play above the ref's calls. I did specifically point out that SAA wasn't the only team affected by critical calls, or no calls as the case may be.

Now, if video evidence exists that proves my observation regarding the offsides was incorrect, I would like to see it and would glady step up and admit I was wrong if it wasn't offsides.

Here is my point:

It is a classic move by people to state that the officiating was poor for both teams after a loss and then claim that they aren't complaining. You try to throw people off by claiming that the other team was hurt too. It's happened two games in a row.

So what, everybody and his mother does it. Beat another dead horse.

Hey H2odog, we have a travel team playing the GIT after season down there and we are needing a professional video for our team of a game or two... might u happen to know who it was?

No problem .... we are doing GIT also. We are actually trying to get a "regular" "ongoing" deal set up....not finalized, so touch base in a couple of weeks. The last person is not a contract deal, just on availablility.

That is VERY frustrating! Elizabethton did that to us last season. I think we had 40+ shots, but nothing ever got through since they had 6 or 7 back at all times. We ended up sneaking one in when they pressed out with 30 seconds left.

There is a word for that style of game (Hoya knows it... something in italian). Did you play on a small field? When we played Elizabethton again on our field (about 120 by 75) they got stretched out too much for it to work. Much different result.

At least you got to see that kind of defense before the playoffs. Hopefully your coach can help you on combatting that style.

Yea the field was really small. It was smaller than Notre Dames. We were all on top of each other. It was frustrating.