06-07 Mr Basketball Predictions

thecrippler2222

The nominees will be A:Carter Mcmasters,Demario Williams,and Seth Skogen with Williams winning it. AA:Gerald Robinson,Phillip Jurrick,and Jewon Long with Robinson winning it.AAA:Terrence Oglesby,Mo Miller,and Ommar Wattad with Miller winning it. I would have MJ Brown in single a instead of Skogen and still have Williams to win it.In AA,would have Randy Culpepper instead of Jurrick with Long winning it.AAA. Deandre Bynum instead of Wattad with Miller to be Mr.Basketball.

Chris Conner (Powell) AAA

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A-McMasters(Grace), Williams(Culleoka), Skogen(Temple)

AA-Will be different this year with Young, Kemp, and Chism not being in the equation. They dominated AA.

AAA-Oglesby(Bradley Central), Miller(Raleigh Egypt), Wattad(Science Hill), Wiggins(Greeneville). AAA will be tough. I know there are 3 finalists, but you have to put Wiggins in the mix. I dunno who you cut? Close call.

AAA is a toss up, but TO from bradley will have the best numbers, he is not the best AAA player..Mo Miller takes that title. Wattad will have huge numbers but his team wont be as good as the other two.

AA is prob a no brainer..Jewuan Long was the state tourney MVP last year as a jr. his team will be great again this year..he wont put up huge numbers but will win this award. Robinson will not because his team is not very good. Robinson is a tad bit hyped but hype doesnt always win the award..

A- Carter MC Masters..this is a no brainer, his team will win the championship and he will put up huge numbers. Williams of culeoka is a year away from this award

AAA is a toss up, but TO from bradley will have the best numbers, he is not the best AAA player..Mo Miller takes that title. Wattad will have huge numbers but his team wont be as good as the other two.

AA is prob a no brainer..Jewuan Long was the state tourney MVP last year as a jr. his team will be great again this year..he wont put up huge numbers but will win this award. Robinson will not because his team is not very good. Robinson is a tad bit hyped but hype doesnt always win the award..

A- Carter MC Masters..this is a no brainer, his team will win the championship and he will put up huge numbers. Williams of culeoka is a year away from this award

robinson's team is not very good? its mlk thats just ridiculous to say that they aren't good. they may not win state but we all know that they are still one of the top teams in the region every year

how do you figure demario is a year away...hes a junior just like carter and they are both extremely talented...i dont think its a no brainer either way...but mario as a guard can put up more assists and steals than carter...he'll get his points and rebounds but the other things mario does will give him an advantage

I was surprised to see how few had Jewaun Long as a AA Finalist or winner. The reigning AA State MVP may be the best player in AA, and clearly has the best team of those mentioned...

I don't know if I've ever seen the AA and AAA races this predictable before HS practice has even started, especially in AA. I can't see anyone other than Long, Robinson, and Culpepper in AA getting the nominations, and Miller, Oglesby, and Wattad in AAA. That's not to say there aren't others worthy, especially in AAA, but the 3 mentioned have to be heavy frontrunners... That being said, in AAA, also look out for Oakland's Allen, Hamilton's Strong, Gilchrest, or Hunter, Greeneville's Wiggins, and Riverdale's Smith. In AA, Ricky Taylor and Phillip Jurrick, are both a year away. No one will touch Long, Robinson, and Culpepper this year, who happen to be 3 of the Top 5 players in the State...

In A, DeMario Williams is a lock as finalist. McMasters and Skogen seem to lead the rest. True, you need to watch for UC's Brown as well... But this class is not loaded like it has been in the past, with Webb, Doaks, Weddle, etc...

In D-II, Brandon Brown is a potential favorite, but watch for a possible Memphis winner this year, possibly Elliott Williams of St. George's or Leslie McDonald from Briarcrest. McDonald is a Top 15 player Nationally in his class, and Williams is a Top 100 Nationally...

I was surprised to see how few had Jewaun Long as a AA Finalist or winner. The reigning AA State MVP may be the best player in AA, and clearly has the best team of those mentioned...

I don't know if I've ever seen the AA and AAA races this predictable before HS practice has even started, especially in AA. I can't see anyone other than Long, Robinson, and Culpepper in AA getting the nominations, and Miller, Oglesby, and Wattad in AAA. That's not to say there aren't others worthy, especially in AAA, but the 3 mentioned have to be heavy frontrunners... That being said, in AAA, also look out for Oakland's Allen, Hamilton's Strong, Gilchrest, or Hunter, Greeneville's Wiggins, and Riverdale's Smith. In AA, Ricky Taylor and Phillip Jurrick, are both a year away. No one will touch Long, Robinson, and Culpepper this year, who happen to be 3 of the Top 5 players in the State...

In A, DeMario Williams is a lock as finalist. McMasters and Skogen seem to lead the rest. True, you need to watch for UC's Brown as well... But this class is not loaded like it has been in the past, with Webb, Doaks, Weddle, etc...

In D-II, Brandon Brown is a potential favorite, but watch for a possible Memphis winner this year, possibly Elliott Williams of St. George's or Leslie McDonald from Briarcrest. McDonald is a Top 15 player Nationally in his class, and Williams is a Top 100 Nationally...

I'm with you Gomab. How could you leave Long off the finalists. Jewuan is a player that you can count on game in and game out to produce whatever you need during the game. He is a natural born leader and can take over a game in the blink of an eye. With that being said he is my favorite to win the award this year.

Edited by baseballa28

you obviously are a "youngbballfan"....it's a no brainer?. Maybe Grace will make it back to State, but I doubt they will make it to the championship game. But if they do, then hey cool. whatever. McMasters really only has height. Josh Smith shut him down all last year. Yes, he got his occasional dunks and blocks, but when you're that tall, you are expected to do that.

I am not saying Seth Skogen will win it. I can't/won't say that he will win it, but to make the statement you did is assinine

you obviously are a "youngbballfan"....it's a no brainer?. Maybe Grace will make it back to State, but I doubt they will make it to the championship game. But if they do, then hey cool. whatever. McMasters really only has height. Josh Smith shut him down all last year. Yes, he got his occasional dunks and blocks, but when you're that tall, you are expected to do that.

I am not saying Seth Skogen will win it. I can't/won't say that he will win it, but to make the statement you did is assinine

McMaster has more than height. He shoots extremely well for his height - actually, for any height. He is definitely a big time player, but don't know Skogen. Who did he play for in AAU? If Grace had all their players in their summer camps, then they are not a good team. Can't see them making any state finals with the team I saw - even though Carter McMasters was very tough to defend and made some great blocks.

I dont know if both Skogan and McMasters will get nominations. Maybe but I dont know. If both of them get nominations then the other person will probably win because Skogan and McMasters will split votes. Who knows who will get nominated. I was suprised Seth got the nomination last year over Eldridge. Anything can happen you never know which was the voters will go. Plus the season hasnt even started yet. (McMasters may be to unselfish to get nominated this year he may not take enough shots)

Edited by redandwhiteforever