State Tournaments

KevB1990

I don't know what the lure of Old Fort is to the association, but the A/AA Tourney at Tims Ford last year was a great event on a GORGEOUS course. I covered both that and the AAA in the Boro at Old Fort and without question Tims Ford is miles away better than Old Fort.

Any real reason why they didn't go back to Tims Ford?

I don't know what the lure of Old Fort is to the association, but the A/AA Tourney at Tims Ford last year was a great event on a GORGEOUS course. I covered both that and the AAA in the Boro at Old Fort and without question Tims Ford is miles away better than Old Fort.

I would say the chance to get everyone on the same course is one advantage. And with the Boro being the central point in the state, it'd cut down on travel costs. If you are so curious, why not call a Tims Ford contact and ask them if they are interested in holding three state tournaments in three consecutive weeks...

i played in the state tournament at tims frod last year and yes it is a beautiful course, but did you pay attention to the greens???? They were by far the worst greens i have ever putted on, im not saying that they arent good this year, i dont know but last year they were beyond terrible.

And what is wrong with old fort? it is the central point of the state and a very fair test of a golf course, i dont see anything wrong with old fort

i played in the state tournament at tims frod last year and yes it is a beautiful course, but did you pay attention to the greens???? They were by far the worst greens i have ever putted on, im not saying that they arent good this year, i dont know but last year they were beyond terrible.

And what is wrong with old fort? it is the central point of the state and a very fair test of a golf course, i dont see anything wrong with old fort

I think that Hunter Green will win state.

R u serious? Next time u make a comment, make it worth everyones time to read it. "Tims Ford is miles better than Old Fort" ...um... no sir. U need to not ever comment ever again if u say stuff like that. Old Fort is the best place to have this tournament cuz of location and the test it gives. Playing Tim's Ford is just a waste of time. Now go and eliminate ur account on CoachT before u say somethin else stupid. :thumb:

I have played both courses numerous times and I love them both. I think Old Fort is the better venue for several reasons:

1. It is probably cheaper than Tims Ford

2. Tim's Ford does not have the amenities near by that Old Fort has (ex. hotels, restaurants)

3. Old Fort has a better set up for high school caliber golfers. There are a lot of high school golfers that can play anywhere, but there are quite a few players that would struggle mightily at Tim's Ford, mainly due to the high fescue rough, tree lined fairways, and more places to get in trouble. I feel Old Fort can be set up hard enough to challenge the better golfers while at the same time being fair to the rest of the field.

I have played both courses numerous times and I love them both. I think Old Fort is the better venue for several reasons:

3. Old Fort has a better set up for high school caliber golfers. There are a lot of high school golfers that can play anywhere, but there are quite a few players that would struggle mightily at Tim's Ford, mainly due to the high fescue rough, tree lined fairways, and more places to get in trouble. I feel Old Fort can be set up hard enough to challenge the better golfers while at the same time being fair to the rest of the field.

Not trying to argue, but here in Upper East Tennessee, thats about all we play at are courses with deep rough and tree-lined fairways... At least in A/AA.

Not trying to argue, but here in Upper East Tennessee, thats about all we play at are courses with deep rough and tree-lined fairways... At least in A/AA.

same here in west tn..a golf championship should be held at a course that challenges a golfer== trees,rough,sandtraps..not wide open as old fort is...of course the amenities is possibly the reason for holding it there :angry: