Sullivan South vs Elizabethon

HiGipper

Well, I hate to say it but the Cow Towners are DOWN and OUT. They have "called in the cows". I have a good friend over there and I know there is no quit in him or his kid but as a team, the coaches, fans and players have given up. Just flat out quit. It is hard to believe that a once proud football school and town has said I can't wait until this season is over. Unbelievable. Unicoi is as good as they have been for 25 years but they are still pitiful. That sums up Cow Town and I feel sorry for them. Now all they have to do is suffer for four more games. :lol:

Being a Topper, I knew what to expect out of our boys. We were short in a few places and others tried to fool themselves. I didn't. Cow Town on the other hand had something to work with and folded intead. Kind of sad.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know most of the young men on the field and I am proud to stand behind them 110%. The word quit isn't in the vocabulary of the ones I know. :lol: Win or lose, leave the field knowing that your total effort has been left out there. :lol:

CYCLONE PRIDE!!

South just came off the biggest and most impressive outing of the year. An effort they have not shown all season. Whereas the Cyclones come off by far the worst effort they've had all season. South will not be ready to play Friday Night and the Cyclones will give South a good game into the second half. However, barring some Rebel turnovers, I don't see the Cylcones pulling it out.

Rebels-31

Cyclones-21

Forget about it, this game won't even be close

South - 42

Elizabethon - 18

Curt Phillips is just too much

This post is starting to remind me of the South vs TN.High and we know what happened there.

If the Rebels come to play the way they played at the Castle the will win but if we see the team that played greenville I would say betsy will be having a midfield celebration.

I see some harsh words from the Viking faithful saying that they should have beat the Crap out South. Remember South was picked to win the Conference and after getting outcoached against DB they were not playing with alot of emotion and they were down on there self thinking twice if they were that good and they were able to get by a few weeks against some good teams till finally they played a near complete game against THS. That has there confidents up and you can even see that on these posts with there fans and that is what they need for the rest of the season.

South will keep this going and win against Betsy but Betsy will give them all they want. <_<

Forget about it, this game won't even be close

South - 42

Elizabethon - 18

Curt Phillips is just too much

Good game for Phillips to pad the stat sheet, the Betsy QB is good but will not have time to throw look for a lot of sacks because I think they are going to try to pass... South wins bIGGGG..... Something like 35 to 07

CYCLONES: 22

SOUTH: 20

The upset of the season. I sensed some anger at practice the other day and I only watched about 10 minutes of it while waiting on my daughter to get out of band practice.

[b]The only way Elizabethton will beat anyone else the rest of the season....... Is if the coaching staff changes........ Maybe we just need new coaches all together...... I hate to say this about these guys........ They are nice men as people......... Just not what our Cyclones need........

Regardless of seniority all these kids practice hard each week....... Just to stand on the sideline and watch the seniors fold the game......... Why are so many of them not getting to play at all...?.... If you are down and your team is not improving take them out...... Seniors or not....... Any coach knows that, but not ours.......

There are others on the team that practice as hard if not harder than the seniors. These guys know it's there last year.........but why should the other kids not get a chance to show the world what they can do...?....Just because they are underclassmen do not mean they can not play....... Come on coaches what do you have to loose....... Nothing at this point........ Just the Cylone Pride, which is already lost........ It's a shame these kids are quiting the team left and right due to the coaching staff not letting them even get one play in......... And what about the JV kids........ They have practiced just as hard to only play two games all year...... That is a joke....... How would you feel if you practiced all week to just stand on the sideline.......... for a whole season......? That is why the Cyclone Pride is lost in our players........ They already know they are just dressing out and not playing so why care.........[/b]

the only way i see elizabethton pulling off this upset is if they find an offensive identity and commit to it; that goes for personnel, formation, and philosophy. the team that lined up in the traditional Betsy I formation against Unicoi was and can be very effective. should be interesting what offensive scheme they decide to utilize.

Not much interest in this game being shown. I see more interest in the South & TN. High game that has already been played. I hope the Rebels are putting more focus on the Cyclones than celebrating last weeks victory.

The last spot for the playoffs is up for grabs and Yes the Cyclones have a chance. You figure North has the hardest part of there schedule left and could be left out having to face South, TN. High and Johnson County in the next four weeks and starting with a Unicoi County this Friday night coming off a big win last week.

Betsy knows they still have a chance to get in and will give South a good game. I see some angry fans on the Betsy side and I can understand. When you have high expectations as you did and see your self at 1 and 5 that tends to anger some parents and fans of the program and a win at South would be sweet for the cyclones and propel them into the playoffs.

Better watch your back when you are on top of the Mountain. There is always someone that wants to push you off.

Not much interest in this game being shown. I see more interest in the South & TN. High game that has already been played. I hope the Rebels are putting more focus on the Cyclones than celebrating last weeks victory.

The last spot for the playoffs is up for grabs and Yes the Cyclones have a chance. You figure North has the hardest part of there schedule left and could be left out having to face South, TN. High and Johnson County in the next four weeks and starting with a Unicoi County this Friday night coming off a big win last week.

Betsy knows they still have a chance to get in and will give South a good game. I see some angry fans on the Betsy side and I can understand. When you have high expectations as you did and see your self at 1 and 5 that tends to anger some parents and fans of the program and a win at South would be sweet for the cyclones and propel them into the playoffs.

Better watch your back when you are on top of the Mountain. There is always someone that wants to push you off.

Exactly! North will have to fight for that 4th place spot provided we don't do something stupid.