Cosby Basketball

cosbybball

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Flatford returns to Cosby after a one year absence and Coach Coggins has stepped aside. How if any will this affect the team? Will we be as strong as last year? How about another state tourney appearance? Lets hear your thoughts!

Russell Valentine and Spencer Grooms' development will be big for the team with Blakely gone. They'll need to establish one inside presence at least to keep teams from going 2-3 zone and making them shoot 3s all day.

Sometimes shooting 3s all day pays off, but sometimes as Cosby fans can attest to - especially during important games, living by the three isnt the best thing in the world.

Todd Jenkins will have to be more consistent and play some defense

Kelvin Rone will have to be the go-to scorer.

Jody Lowe plays great defense and I'd expect Cody to get some minutes.

Great to see Brad back at Cosby. He knows hoops and is a great coach. Wish Coggins the best as well, you could tell that by the end of the season - the games, tourneys and work had really taken a toll.

As for a run at state...Cosby always has that in their favor by playing really only four games a year to get there. District finals, Regional semis and finals and sub-state.

The road to the Sub-State goes through District 3-A this year. JMO.

Wartburg loses a lot. Although I'd expect Oliver Springs to be tough.

In District 3, Rockwood loses a lot but Coack K always has something.

Harriman is the scary team, they gave Cosby a run in the Region Semis last year, this year....they return almost everyone and add a 6-10/6-11 transfer from Florida.

I know we have a big football game this week, but i would love nouthing more than to see a re match of hampton and cosby this year, hampton only lost one starter and with Lyons and Bentley in the middle this year will be hard to stop,Cosby was loaded for bear when we played last, never seen a team shoot like that,,In High school anyway!

Russell Valentine and Spencer Grooms' development will be big for the team with Blakely gone. They'll need to establish one inside presence at least to keep teams from going 2-3 zone and making them shoot 3s all day.

Sometimes shooting 3s all day pays off, but sometimes as Cosby fans can attest to - especially during important games, living by the three isnt the best thing in the world.

Todd Jenkins will have to be more consistent and play some defense

Kelvin Rone will have to be the go-to scorer.

Jody Lowe plays great defense and I'd expect Cody to get some minutes.

Great to see Brad back at Cosby. He knows hoops and is a great coach. Wish Coggins the best as well, you could tell that by the end of the season - the games, tourneys and work had really taken a toll.

As for a run at state...Cosby always has that in their favor by playing really only four games a year to get there. District finals, Regional semis and finals and sub-state.

The road to the Sub-State goes through District 3-A this year. JMO.

Wartburg loses a lot. Although I'd expect Oliver Springs to be tough.

In District 3, Rockwood loses a lot but Coack K always has something.

Harriman is the scary team, they gave Cosby a run in the Region Semis last year, this year....they return almost everyone and add a 6-10/6-11 transfer from Florida.

i hear that spencer grooms is not going to play this year he is going to focus on football from here on out if true this could be a big loss

i hear that spencer grooms is not going to play this year he is going to focus on football from here on out if true this could be a big loss

I am not 100% sure but I heard that this is not true. Cosby will need him and Valentine to work hard down low to fill the gap left by Blakely, McGaha, and Hewitt. Someone will have to step up down low for Cosby to be as strong as in the past. I look for them to take a little while to develop this year due to football being as successful as it is. I am sure those guys on the football team that play basketball still have their focus on football. Anyway, good luck to Cosby :D