Riverdale football for the 2006 season thus far

riverdaleman

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SCN, wasnt hoover who we were suppost to face down at disney world? (that trip wasnt financially possible so we went to ohio instead) i have no idea if there was a sure opponent in place for that game or not, i just think that might have been the team brought up in discussions

I think Riverdale's success proves that no matter who the coach is, if the support of the community is there and the talent is still in abundance, your going to win ballgames. I never liked Rankin, but for as much as I despised him, he came thru time after time after time when he wasnt expected to. With that said, I think everyone has taken a liking to Coach A, even the fans of his rivals.

Riverdale may not be what they were in the mid 90's, but its good enough to a contender for the gold ball every season and I dont imagine it will change anytime soon

SCN, wasnt hoover who we were suppost to face down at disney world? (that trip wasnt financially possible so we went to ohio instead) i have no idea if there was a sure opponent in place for that game or not, i just think that might have been the team brought up in discussions

idk but we wasnt suppose to face them last year it was in 04

You won't find more heart than the players. The wing-t is good, if you are stuck in the 1970s...the coach...I here hes already looking around. That honeymoon dint last long.

Hard to follow a coach who has been that successful. However, Riverdale, which is still a very strong team this year, is not the same team as they have been over the last several years.

Maybe coaching, but the players are not as talented as in the past either. It's a shame that coaches are always the first ones to be criticized--well maybe after the officials.

Hard to follow a coach who has been that successful. However, Riverdale, which is still a very strong team this year, is not the same team as they have been over the last several years.

Maybe coaching, but the players are not as talented as in the past either. It's a shame that coaches are always the first ones to be criticized--well maybe after the officials.

i would disagree, i think the talent is actually better as a unit than in more recent years past (with the exception of 2004 of course, talent was rediculous). of course the mr. football individuals aren't as easy to be found now, but talent is everywhere to be found, at every position. still plenty of guys with D1 potential :thumb:

i really thought all this criticism of coach A was gone after the blackman game (when the players got used to the wing T and it really started to become effective). i dont think you have seen any riverdale fans on here have anything negative to say about him lately, i think he's here to stay. question to the few who disagreed with that in earlier posts, what leads you to believe he is not?

THE ONLY CRITISISM OF COACH A IS COMING FROM SOME BENCH WARMER FROM HILLSBORO! (tgif-football)

TELL ME OF ANOTHER OFFENSE WHERE SO MANY KIDS GET TO CONTRIBUTE ?

tgif-football YOU BETTER HOPE BLADE TAKES THE BORO'S TO THE BLUE CROSS BOWL, WITH ALL THAT TALLENT, COACH A SURE COULD'VE !

THE ONLY CRITISISM OF COACH A IS COMING FROM SOME BENCH WARMER FROM HILLSBORO! (tgif-football)

TELL ME OF ANOTHER OFFENSE WHERE SO MANY KIDS GET TO CONTRIBUTE ?

tgif-football YOU BETTER HOPE BLADE TAKES THE BORO'S TO THE BLUE CROSS BOWL, WITH ALL THAT TALLENT, COACH A SURE COULD'VE !

Try rereading the previous posts. Plenty of people know what he actually is...be glad you don't know.

I've heard that hes looking to. He don't fit in. Maybe his crap worked in metro, but in the 'boro it don't fly. Hes no good...plain n simple.

i would disagree, i think the talent is actually better as a unit than in more recent years past (with the exception of 2004 of course, talent was rediculous). of course the mr. football individuals aren't as easy to be found now, but talent is everywhere to be found, at every position. still plenty of guys with D1 potential :lol:

i really thought all this criticism of coach A was gone after the blackman game (when the players got used to the wing T and it really started to become effective). i dont think you have seen any riverdale fans on here have anything negative to say about him lately, i think he's here to stay. question to the few who disagreed with that in earlier posts, what leads you to believe he is not?