9AA

hschoolfan101

Zach Woods didn't start last year for the second half of the season or the tournaments. However, he does have experience......they do have a 6'5 player (Sean Lester), but it remains to be seen if they will be able to come together. They also have a sophomore Adrian Williamson who is ranked in the top 30 in the state on unapproved website. He is very raw, but can be good soon....and will be very good in the future.

Oh, and Brooks?...I'm sorry but I do not know who you are talking about. Who is this?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach Woods didn't start last year for the second half of the season or the tournaments. However, he does have experience......they do have a 6'5 player (Sean Lester), but it remains to be seen if they will be able to come together. They also have a sophomore Adrian Williamson who is ranked in the top 30 in the state on unapproved website. He is very raw, but can be good soon....and will be very good in the future.

Oh, and Brooks?...I'm sorry but I do not know who you are talking about. Who is this?

yeah zach had a little bit of an off year from a very good sophomore year. however, when they started bringing him off the bench he started playing a lot better last year. he was one of the main reasons for hume fogg upsetting mlk at the end of the season last year, hitting some clutch free throws and just having an all around great 4th quarter off the bench. he also played well in the tournaments once again coming off the bench. i think now in his senior year he will step up and compete with the big guys we've all been talking about like robinson and slater. he had just as good of a sophomore season as those 2 guys and just had a bad year last year

Zach Woods is a good player.....and did step up in the tournament, but last year he was not one of the top 5 players for Hume Fogg. He did play better off the bench, and had some good games, but to say he is anywhere near Slater and Lil Gerald is overboard...These are D 1 talents. However, I hope he has a great year along with the rest of Hume Fogg.

Zach Woods is a good player.....and did step up in the tournament, but last year he was not one of the top 5 players for Hume Fogg. He did play better off the bench, and had some good games, but to say he is anywhere near Slater and Lil Gerald is overboard...These are D 1 talents. However, I hope he has a great year along with the rest of Hume Fogg.

i didnt say he IS anwhere near those guys i said he WAS near those guys. sophomore year he was playing just as well but last year both gerald and josh had huge breakout years and zach didnt. i dont think he's gonna go out and put up numbers like those guys or anything this year but he will be good and i think he will help get his team to region

Ken Brooks was the coach at CPA last year.

So, after sweeping Ezell and CPA last year, returning 3 starters and there 6th man plus 2 transfers from Montessori and a transfer from Page, you all pick them behind CPA and Ezell. I guess that works out. :thumb:

That's true... They have a good all around point guard, two strong three-point mid-guards, a defensively strong 4 man, and a strong all around 5 man.

TrentDilfer? do you attend FRA?

That's true... They have a good all around point guard, two strong three-point mid-guards, a defensively strong 4 man, and a strong all around 5 man.

TrentDilfer? do you attend FRA?

yes he does attend fra and the bottom line is the person that ranked them was basically saying that the bottom three could finish in any order and he was just going by guessing basically. we all know the regional qualifiers are gonna be the same as last year

Thanks for clearing that up crippler. And I'm sorry about the misunderstanding about Woods. I think he is a fine player, and if he can expand his game some more this year, he will have a very good season.

Brooks, sorry the name slipped my mind at the time. I thought that he was a very good coach, but the switch to AA came at a wrong time. He just lost most of his athletes that could compete in AA, and was stuck with a lot of young players. This is always a recipe for disaster. With that being said, I think that Maddox will do very well, and they will only get better. Oh, and I forgot, is Zeke Mason (Sophomore) eligible for them this season. If so, that is another quality big man in this district, and could make them a very tough opponent in two years, and maybe even this year.

FRA......How come everyone you listed is "strong?" Do they have any weaknesses? Please, lets try to be as unbiased as we can.

FRA......How come everyone you listed is "strong?" Do they have any weaknesses? Please, lets try to be as unbiased as we can.

FRA might only have one strong player this year, Salamander was mistaken. The other starters just shouldnt be considered weaknesses considering they all have starting experience and have played in AA before. The weakness will be the bench, no doubt about it. No bench player has any experience for varsity except for some minutes that were few and far between.

I agree that CPA should not be overlooked, and may be bringing in more talent with the hiring of Maddox.

FRA may have some starters left from last year, but what does that mean. None of the are all that athletic, and a system can only go so far. Without a gamechanger or someone that can create something by himself, there is no hope in this district.