Is Munford in Compliance

AMEN! To both you and cougarmike! I am from HC and Munford won the game not because of the few new transfers. Yes, they helped but mainly the will of the team overall and their QB stepping it up and not giving up. And I think that the QB was there last year...

I don't think this thread was started by a Region 7 team, or was it?!?!? Not all Region 7 teams are thinking like this.

Thank you for your response. Not one game that I saw Munford play did one player win by himself. I bet that's true in Henry Co. as well as the rest of region 7. This fan thinks ya'll are a class act and would love to see a show down in the third round good luck.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHOP-WHOP-WHOP!!! That's the sound of some Region 7 teams continuing to beat a dead horse. It is just inconceivable to some that improvement can be made by hard work, sound planning, and attitude adjustments. I think that there may be more than sour grapes here. I wonder if it might not just be a case of envy. As I said on my very first post in regard to the Munford -Henry County game, I picked Henry to win but I cautioned all of the Henry County faithful not to put the game in the win column. I specifically pointed out that in working East games over the last 10-12 years that Coach Randle did an outstanding job in game and time management. In close games, whether outmanned or not, East seemed to always find a way to win. I suspect Munford has won several games this year in this manner after checking their schedule and scores. I can also remember the number of days I drove down Poplar Avenue in pitch black darkness and looked out and saw the East football team on the field. I suspect that if you drove by the Munford football practice field you just might find their guys still on the field. Why not just give credit where credit is due! Whether outmanned or outgunned. you can bet all you own on one thing.....Randle won't be outworked!!!! I'm not the least bit surprised by the Munford teams progress this year. In fact...Most people in Memphis expected it. The rumor mill in Memphis is humming with what would it take to bring him back home.

Job well done, Most impact players were not in Munford schools last season, legitimate questions, Well great players make great coaches.

I think too much is being made of the transfers,it takes alot more then what 3 players to win games.When looking for a place to live I did not look into what type of football team the school had,however if I thought for one second that my child had a better chance to go to college by playing at a certain school or for a different coach,I would do what it took to get him there.With that being said I would not put him in a school that was worse as far as academics goes.I find it hard to believe that these kids are worse off by the parents moving to Munford and out of Memphis.JMO

Job well done, Most impact players were not in Munford schools last season, legitimate questions, Well great players make great coaches.

Your out of your mind!! I had a long winded explaination explaining to you how simplistic that way of thinking truely is but I've come to realize it would be a waste of my time. I'll just say this because I can't help it Munford is in the running for the region title and Memphis East high is in the running for maybe a playoff slot like a #4. Whats changed from last year to this? LOOK IT UP AND LET ME KNOW!!!

I`m not sure why folks continue to question Munford. Munford took advantage of a situation by hiring a really good coach who happened to be looking for a job. These kids and their families had to make a move to Munford in order to be eligible. I`m sure all three probably did for athletic purposes. But as long as they made a full change of residence, then all is on the up and up. It wouldn`t have mattered if they had moved to Munford or Maryville.

I`m sure some schools have looked into all this and if they had any reason to believe that something was amiss then all they had to do was call the TSSAA.

My sentiments, exactly!

Folks should just give Coach Randall & Munford credit for turning their football program around. Period.

It's seems awfully suspicious for folks to suddenly start questioning the integrity of Munford's football program, the moment Munford ceases to be the perennial "doormat" of the league. It wreaks of sour grapes, to me!

I'm very happy for Munford, especially Coach Randall! I wish them much continued, long-term success.

The Munford community can finally get excited about Friday nite lights, again.