Is Munford in Compliance

I have been reading this morning on the Milan situation and it seems as if a player transfers for athletic reasons, it is against TSSAA rules. From my understanding of different posts I have read about the Munford situation, it was for athletic purposes only. I do not know if Former coach 81 knows what he was talking about or not, but he certainly implied that it was transfers that would help these young men get into college. Legal or not, I do not know, what I do know is this, if a coach contacts a player from another school and suggests to hime to change schools, it is recruiting. and that folks is wrong.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been reading this morning on the Milan situation and it seems as if a player transfers for athletic reasons, it is against TSSAA rules. From my understanding of different posts I have read about the Munford situation, it was for athletic purposes only. I do not know if Former coach 81 knows what he was talking about or not, but he certainly implied that it was transfers that would help these young men get into college. Legal or not, I do not know, what I do know is this, if a coach contacts a player from another school and suggests to hime to change schools, it is recruiting. and that folks is wrong.

I and everyone on this website will agree with that being wrong. Are you STATING that YOU know that Coach Randall CONTACTED these players and asked them come to Munford? I haven't read that on here or anywhere else. What I've read is that the folks involved decided to go where Coach Randle was now currently coaching. I've NEVER read ... nor has it been implied that Coach Randle INITIATED contact, dialogue, or whatever. So ... are you saying that this is the case? Everyone reading this understands the concepts of recruiting. Are you saying Coach Randle recruited? This is a known fact? YOU KNOW THIS TO BE FACT? Or are you just trying to IMPLY something? IF you are trying to IMPLY something without factual proof ... that, in my view, is just as wrong, if not more, then actual recruiting. So ... which is it? Proof or implication?

I and everyone on this website will agree with that being wrong. Are you STATING that YOU know that Coach Randall CONTACTED these players and asked them come to Munford? I haven't read that on here or anywhere else. What I've read is that the folks involved decided to go where Coach Randle was now currently coaching. I've NEVER read ... nor has it been implied that Coach Randle INITIATED contact, dialogue, or whatever. So ... are you saying that this is the case? Everyone reading this understands the concepts of recruiting. Are you saying Coach Randle recruited? This is a known fact? YOU KNOW THIS TO BE FACT? Or are you just trying to IMPLY something? IF you are trying to IMPLY something without factual proof ... that, in my view, is just as wrong, if not more, then actual recruiting. So ... which is it? Proof or implication?

Absolutelty not implying anything, and I never even mentioned a coaches name, just stated what I thought was wrong, I have no idea of what went on in Munford, just trying to get some info. All I have is here say, I never implied thatany particular coach conatacted a player. I did read that some of these players transferred to help their chances at college, and I read this morning on the Milan article in the Jackson sun that if a player transferrs for athletic purposes, he would be declared ineligible according to the TSSAA, I have not even read that rule, I am just wondering if we should not put Munford in the class with MUS, Brentwood Academy and some of those programs.

If I understand the TSSAA site on transfers, then if a players parents, guardians, etc move from one district to another (residence changes and not keeping 2 residences, (allowance has to be given for house on market)) and paperwork is filed and submitted then it is most likely legal. I am not sure reason for transfer is ever discussed.

Moving for athletic reasons I think is treated like academic reason as long as you make the physical move and do the paperwork.

Coaches involvement is a whole issue in itself! Hard to prove!

Sounds like the Milan situation is homes in 2 districts being lived in???????

Absolutelty not implying anything, and I never even mentioned a coaches name, just stated what I thought was wrong, I have no idea of what went on in Munford, just trying to get some info. All I have is here say, I never implied thatany particular coach conatacted a player. I did read that some of these players transferred to help their chances at college, and I read this morning on the Milan article in the Jackson sun that if a player transferrs for athletic purposes, he would be declared ineligible according to the TSSAA, I have not even read that rule, I am just wondering if we should not put Munford in the class with MUS, Brentwood Academy and some of those programs.

Maybe if a player transfers for athletic reasons spurred by a recruitment of that player by a coach or representative of school or program that is what they mean by transfers for athletic reasons. Who knows?? I would bet they get hundreds of allegations every year. I would not want the job of running these down.

If I understand the TSSAA site on transfers, then if a players parents, guardians, etc move from one district to another (residence changes and not keeping 2 residences, (allowance has to be given for house on market)) and paperwork is filed and submitted then it is most likely legal. I am not sure reason for transfer is ever discussed.

Moving for athletic reasons I think is treated like academic reason as long as you make the physical move and do the paperwork.

Coaches involvement is a whole issue in itself! Hard to prove!

Sounds like the Milan situation is homes in 2 districts being lived in???????

The key word you said is the market. are the houses Fair market Value and could anybody else get them at the same rate?

From my understanding of different posts I have read about the Munford situation, it was for athletic purposes only. I do not know if Former coach 81 knows what he was talking about or not, but he certainly implied that it was transfers that would help these young men get into college. Legal or not, I do not know, what I do know is this, if a coach contacts a player from another school and suggests to hime to change schools, it is recruiting. and that folks is wrong.

I was interested in the situation when it came about so i did some digging myself. Word inside the Melrose program was that Madison contacted Randall to see if he could come to Munford. He had done so the previous year when Randall was at East but stayed at Melrose because of the coaching change. As far as the parent I spoke with at the Munford game, he said his son wanted to follow his coach and his cousin (the lineman) wanted to get out of Frayser not only to get in a good college but the mother didn't think the frayser area was safe to raise her son and wasn't safe for him to attend school. She was tired of it. That came from the horses mouth. According to my info. Brighton filed a complaint. The TSSAA and Tipton County School board checked into the residence situation with the kids. The had all legitimately moved and no contact had been made by Randall. As far as Milan is concerned. I just now found out about that but will try to find out more. Heck, I'm retired. I don't have anything better to do til duck season.

I`m not sure why folks continue to question Munford. Munford took advantage of a situation by hiring a really good coach who happened to be looking for a job. These kids and their families had to make a move to Munford in order to be eligible. I`m sure all three probably did for athletic purposes. But as long as they made a full change of residence, then all is on the up and up. It wouldn`t have mattered if they had moved to Munford or Maryville.

I`m sure some schools have looked into all this and if they had any reason to believe that something was amiss then all they had to do was call the TSSAA.

I would really like to give some thought to some of the things that we are saying before we say them. I don't think some people realize how this site stirs things up. It is awfully reckless with someone elses job to question things like this. We need to realize the average high school head football coach ( at a public school, and most private schools) only make 40-60 K a year, yet we choose to question and ridicule them like other media outlets chose to villify Spurrier when he was making 10 mill for the redskins.

I've been around this program through the ups and downs. I'm proud of the hard work our players and coaches have put in to turn this program around and I guess that's what really affends me most, not so much your passive, groundless attempt to paint Munford as a cheat, but the disrespect that you and your like show our kids and program. Lets be honest you must pick and choose the post you want to quote because I've written several explaining conditions and reasons why our transfers actually transfered with a move for academic reasons, safety, and quality of like. Do you have children? Would you want the best for them, would you or have you ever done with out so your children could be better off, so my question to you is if it's ok for you why can't these families make the same hardships for their children. Academic, safety, quality of life, and I'm sure sports was on that list but not a sole reason and not a violation of tssaa rules. It is my opinion that anyone saying different either does not know what they're talking about, has an agenda, or is out right lying for their own purposes. I don't mean to be harsh but I'm tired of questions being asked, answered and those same question asked again and again with the thinking if repeated enough times maybe it'll be true. We are legit no matter how hard Brighton wants us not to be. As I've said on other post I'm proud of our guys all of our guys. I think the young men who moved have helped us but the other 46 have made the difference when they transfered their attitudes and ways of thinking from that of "I hope we win" to that of "I expect to win". As I've said repeatedly the change has been 50 attitudes not 3 addresses.

WHOP-WHOP-WHOP!!! That's the sound of some Region 7 teams continuing to beat a dead horse. It is just inconceivable to some that improvement can be made by hard work, sound planning, and attitude adjustments. I think that there may be more than sour grapes here. I wonder if it might not just be a case of envy. As I said on my very first post in regard to the Munford -Henry County game, I picked Henry to win but I cautioned all of the Henry County faithful not to put the game in the win column. I specifically pointed out that in working East games over the last 10-12 years that Coach Randle did an outstanding job in game and time management. In close games, whether outmanned or not, East seemed to always find a way to win. I suspect Munford has won several games this year in this manner after checking their schedule and scores. I can also remember the number of days I drove down Poplar Avenue in pitch black darkness and looked out and saw the East football team on the field. I suspect that if you drove by the Munford football practice field you just might find their guys still on the field. Why not just give credit where credit is due! Whether outmanned or outgunned. you can bet all you own on one thing.....Randle won't be outworked!!!! I'm not the least bit surprised by the Munford teams progress this year. In fact...Most people in Memphis expected it. The rumor mill in Memphis is humming with what would it take to bring him back home.

WHOP-WHOP-WHOP!!! That's the sound of some Region 7 teams continuing to beat a dead horse. It is just inconceivable to some ...... by the Munford teams progress this year. In fact...Most people in Memphis expected it. The rumor mill in Memphis is humming with what would it take to bring him back home.

AMEN! To both you and cougarmike! I am from HC and Munford won the game not because of the few new transfers. Yes, they helped but mainly the will of the team overall and their QB stepping it up and not giving up. And I think that the QB was there last year...

I don't think this thread was started by a Region 7 team, or was it?!?!? Not all Region 7 teams are thinking like this.