seymour vs.pigeon forge

TNVOL1231

Some of the blame should go on the coaches shoulders, none of the blame should go on the players shoulders. It is not that PF does not have a talented team, they do. It is a fact that certain individuals think that they are coaches when they do not even recieve a salery. This means that the coaches that do recieve a salery MUST listen or risk losing their job. They are your typical arm chair quarterbacks who have to be involved in everything that does not concern them. Seymour will run away with this game eaisly.

talented team they do but when that talent doesn't show up and just walks on the field what are you gonna do. bench them when you have no one else to put in. i know this is an ex player and every coach pf has is there for a reason rather they get paid are not. volunteer coaches are out there because they love the game not the pay check.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the blame should go on the coaches shoulders, none of the blame should go on the players shoulders. It is not that PF does not have a talented team, they do. It is a fact that certain individuals think that they are coaches when they do not even recieve a salery. This means that the coaches that do recieve a salery MUST listen or risk losing their job. They are your typical arm chair quarterbacks who have to be involved in everything that does not concern them. Seymour will run away with this game eaisly.

Thats the spirit! Throw your team under the bus. Thats part of the problem with the Tiger nation the most important part cant see a good thing when its right in front of them. I got news for ya, the coaches cant play the game all they can do is put a gameplan together but the kids have to execute it. I know everyone on that staff and I know them well with the exception of Coach Bramblett, and they are all fine coaches that know the game and know how to prepare for a game so basically what youre saying is that every coach on the staff is an idiot, right? Well let me ask you this my friend, what happened between the spring and after your boys got home from camp? Did the rules change that drastically? I seriously doubt it. I mean you all had nearly 100 kids dressed and got some good athletes that should have been out there all along, you all were poised to roll and have good season then the summer came, and it sounds like some of your Srs didnt set a very good example in the summer weight program, reported out of shape, and somehow lost the desire to play the game. Sounds like youre right the coaches really messed up by not holding your hand and making you guys workout this summer and keep babying you all through the season. What A BUNCH OF CRAP! The coaches arent the problem here guy, its the fact that football just isnt as important as it should be to ALOT, but not all, of the players. Get on board with your coaching staff, listen to them and not your mommas and daddies and I bet your program will turn around alot sooner. To the boys that didnt quit, to the ones that have not given up, and especially to the coaches I say this, hang in there and keep diggin' I still believe in you and I KNOW that you all can still turn this thing around, the season is not over and the playoffs are still a real possibility! Good luck and take it to the Eagles one time for this OLD Tiger!

Hugs and Handpounds to all my guys on that STAFF and FACULTY! B)

get your facts straight. this is the 3rd coach in 8 years and both kirk cross and david ryan were both good coaches. they got ran off for all the wrong reasons and only pf loyalist know what i'm talking about. if the give this coach time and i know they will, he will have a program in a few years just wait and see.

Pigeon Forge played its first season in 2001. This is their sixth (6) season. You can search this information yourself at www.hsfdatabase.com ,this is a database that list Tennessee H.S. football historical data. There have been several folks talk about various reasons why past coaches have been dismissed, (i.e. coach so and so said bad words and wasn't a good person) that is nothing but misinformed heresay. Coach Cross and Ryan were both dismissed by Principal Perry Schrandt because Schrandt felt like P.F. was not winning enough games. That is the bottom line. In spite of what you may have been told, the winning percentage is why these two coaches were fired. I remember in the summer of 2003 "Coach Schrandt" was talking about the possibility of going ahead and moving up to 4A football classification because the new PF high was growing so much and would meet 4A enrollment before too long. Can you imagine what this would have been like for the Tigers if COACH Schrandt would have elected to do this! PF has not gotten close to 4A classification enrollment numbers yet. PF football under "Coach Schrandt" will always struggle until he steps aside as principal. In my opinion, there was entirely too much made of the PF football team this summer in the Mountain Press before PF ever played a game. All the rage was Coach Bramlett and the spread and how wonderful this team was going to become. Folks, Coach Bramlett's record at Rosemark was poor at best(losing). In my opinion he made a terrible mistake by taking a great running back in Brandon Guidry(1000+ yards) and making him just a slightly above average component of this team. He should have built his spread offense around Guidry(running) and Paul Harper(throwing). (See Urban Meyer at Florida). In High School you build your offense around the type of talent you have, not the other way around. I hope in time that Coach Bramlett will be successful at PF , but I am sure he will not be given time. These statements are my opinion. Good Luck Tigers against Seymour. I hope you kick their tails.

talented team they do but when that talent doesn't show up and just walks on the field what are you gonna do. bench them when you have no one else to put in. i know this is an ex player and every coach pf has is there for a reason rather they get paid are not. volunteer coaches are out there because they love the game not the pay check.

I am sorry, I was not actually talking about volunteer coaches. I was talking about certain individuals in the community, who do nothing but tear down the program. People who complain if their child is disciplined for something that they should not have done, but at the same time complain to the coaches because they do not have a disciplined team. There is no reason for PF to be 0-6 this season, but until OLD problems are fixed the best they will be is average. Also, how many times has the field been dedicated to the same person? I love the quote "We were real close to scoring five touchdowns Friday night against Union County" The fact is that you only put 12 points on the board, and the only way you can actually win anything in most sports is to put up more points than the other team. But If you guys were playing Golf, I guess PF would have won the game. Close does not count, stop making excuses and feeling sorry for yourself, no one is going throw you a pity party.

I am sorry, I was not actually talking about volunteer coaches. I was talking about certain individuals in the community, who do nothing but tear down the program. People who complain if their child is disciplined for something that they should not have done, but at the same time complain to the coaches because they do not have a disciplined team. There is no reason for PF to be 0-6 this season, but until OLD problems are fixed the best they will be is average. Also, how many times has the field been dedicated to the same person? I love the quote "We were real close to scoring five touchdowns Friday night against Union County" The fact is that you only put 12 points on the board, and the only way you can actually win anything in most sports is to put up more points than the other team. But If you guys were playing Golf, I guess PF would have won the game. Close does not count, stop making excuses and feeling sorry for yourself, no one is going throw you a pity party.

my bad tigers44 and your right about the community. if they give coach bramblett

time they will see a change in tiger nation i guarentee it.

Pigeon Forge played its first season in 2001. This is their sixth (6) season. You can search this information yourself at www.hsfdatabase.com ,this is a database that list Tennessee H.S. football historical data. There have been several folks talk about various reasons why past coaches have been dismissed, (i.e. coach so and so said bad words and wasn't a good person) that is nothing but misinformed heresay. Coach Cross and Ryan were both dismissed by Principal Perry Schrandt because Schrandt felt like P.F. was not winning enough games. That is the bottom line. In spite of what you may have been told, the winning percentage is why these two coaches were fired. I remember in the summer of 2003 "Coach Schrandt" was talking about the possibility of going ahead and moving up to 4A football classification because the new PF high was growing so much and would meet 4A enrollment before too long. Can you imagine what this would have been like for the Tigers if COACH Schrandt would have elected to do this! PF has not gotten close to 4A classification enrollment numbers yet. PF football under "Coach Schrandt" will always struggle until he steps aside as principal. In my opinion, there was entirely too much made of the PF football team this summer in the Mountain Press before PF ever played a game. All the rage was Coach Bramlett and the spread and how wonderful this team was going to become. Folks, Coach Bramlett's record at Rosemark was poor at best(losing). In my opinion he made a terrible mistake by taking a great running back in Brandon Guidry(1000+ yards) and making him just a slightly above average component of this team. He should have built his spread offense around Guidry(running) and Paul Harper(throwing). (See Urban Meyer at Florida). In High School you build your offense around the type of talent you have, not the other way around. I hope in time that Coach Bramlett will be successful at PF , but I am sure he will not be given time. These statements are my opinion. Good Luck Tigers against Seymour. I hope you kick their tails.

Good points. Coach Bramblett might take some lessons from this like don't brag about your team before you really know what you have (i.e. "best QB I've ever coached, probably the best 4 LBs in the county", etc.). What's the old saying? Don't count your chickens before the eggs hatch?

Edited by charger81

its funny how you dis the coach when he actually was 9 and 3 and took them to the state championship game in 2004. so get your facts straight before you, wait you already have embarrased yourself. if you dont believe me just check the web site you mention in your article. and that was his only season there so i think that was a prettty goos season.

its funny how you dis the coach when he actually was 9 and 3 and took them to the state championship game in 2004. so get your facts straight before you, wait you already have embarrased yourself. if you dont believe me just check the web site you mention in your article. and that was his only season there so i think that was a prettty goos season.

His only season at Tipton-Rosemark was 2005 not 2004.You need to get your facts straight.

First varsity season was 2001. PF opened as a JV program in 1999. Cross was the coach then.

His only season at Tipton-Rosemark was 2005 not 2004.You need to get your facts straight.

ya your wrong look it up. he was at memphis catholic in 2005 and tipton rosemark 2004. so check your information and if i'm wrong then i guess jim davis is wrong at the mountain press. and don't argue pf football with a guy whos been around the program and playin since the schooled opened.

ya your wrong look it up. he was at memphis catholic in 2005 and tipton rosemark 2004. so check your information and if i'm wrong then i guess jim davis is wrong at the mountain press. and don't argue pf football with a guy whos been around the program and playin since the schooled opened.

So which is it, 2004 or 2005? Surely someone out there knows. tigerballs57 you do realize that for Rosemark to make it into the title game in Div II-A in 2004 they only had to win 1 tourney game. Congrats on playing since the school opened. Since the school started J-V ball in 99 that gives new meaning to "the best 8 years of my life were spent at PFHS". Now who's embarrassed.

Edited by charger81