McEwen Vs. Cascade

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judge not, lest ye be judged.......familiar with that one?......Thought not.....nuff said!!!!

Yes, I'm very very familiar with it. It's not a matter of judging. It's a matter of being an example to our kids. a positive one. Since you think that you are so adept at the scriptures you might want to recall, "You shall know a tree by the fruit it bears."

This was by no means a plug at anyone, just pointing out the fact that you should have been in church with your child.

Please leave religous attacks off of this board. This not the time or place to be judging someone for not being at church. I doubt u have made it to church every Weds and Sun ur whole life. So keep ur talk about the game and the game only.

As for the game i love the hype this game is gettin( i hope the Jo Byrns vs Mcewen and Cascade games get this much). All it does is make for a good game on Friday night. I wish both teams alot of luck, and i guess i will make a prediction, but dont attack me. This is just what i think after seeing both teams on film, and comparing scores(which i know u cant do).

My pick:

Mcewen: 14

Cascade: 28

This will be a hard hitting and high emotions game, but i think the BIG boys up front for Cascade will be to much for Mcewen to keep out of the endzone. On the other side i think if Mcewen can control the ball, with there 2 yards and a cloud of dust style of play, then they can score at least 14 points, and keep the Cascade offense off the field. If that happens then i say it is 14-17 Cascade.

Dont say i am hoping Cascade wins, cuz really i dont know, i would like for Cascade to be undefeated, but at the same time, i like the way Mcewen plays, and respect them.

Not judging, just stating the fact that if a child had enough gumption to go to church, his parents should be there with him. This is about the game of life. Football is a very distant second to this. Yeah, I've missed when I was really, really sick. I was raised in a preacher's home and am a preacher too. It is the best decision in my life to be a Christian. I am a sports fan too! But that is second. I might know you Tuck, I pastored in Cedar HIll about 15 years ago. I do know the Reeves boy that plays.

I don't know exactly who you are accusing me of judging, I didn't start the questioning nor did I imply that this guy is a bad parent as he obviously did to me. I made an innocent statement to someone else and he felt obligated to attempt to be-little me on here. Where this involves you, I have no idea. Bottom line, this website is intended for sports talk, not to judge someones moral fiber or religious affiliations!

I didn't belittle you, I was simply asking why you didn't go with him to church. I was hoping to encourage you to be a part of the positive part of his life. After all football is second, especially to our afterlife. OUr kids need really positive influences. Maybe you are, but it just confused me why he would go to church alone.

Hey now i know who u are!! Hey tell Teasley i said hi, i need to call him. Hey but seriously Cascade11 was just defending himself, because somebody said he was setting a bad example for his son by not being at church, and that is not apporpriate.

Wrong! Not his son not being in church. He said his son was at church that he would ask him something when he got home. I simply asked why he wasn't in church with him. Don't you think we need positive things in people's lives?

Y dont u read what the person i responded too wrote b4 u judge me. He said that Cascades players have been together for 10 years, and all i stated was so has Jo Byrns, implying that there is NOTHING special about being together that long, so u bascially just supported what i said. I dont make emotion based comments, and i didnt call him stupid. So dont twist my words around, cuz i agree w/ u that means nothing.

tuck dude it has to stop you are addicted.you need to stop posting and just play on friday nights because no matter what u do or say people are going to give u a hard time.you know your good i know your good so who cares what people think or say.so quit posting and go out there and do your thing on friday nights.just a piece of advice from a friend,teammate,and other teammates.

p.s. this web site does nothing but cause tempers to flare.it does not help you win a game.so please consider the statement for the team.

Come on now, you know Cascade has got to be closer to the Tenn. River and Ned Batey than JB. I heard Cascade runs onto the field with their band playing duelling banjos!!! :D

Nope, Cascade is closer to "the Duck" (river that is)! I think I did hear banjo music on our last trip over there, though, for the middle school whoppin' we put on them Champs. :D