Webb @ Catholic

mikey65

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great game even though I know blakes family something must have been said, not saying he should have done it but still!

I guess he had to say something, but that should not be the reason to lose a game. He definately did not punch the guy. There was a similar play earlier that was not called against the other team.

he hit the defensive guy in the face it was clear what happend

I wouldn't call that a hit. Go look at the tape. You will see that if the official is going to make that call, both kids should have been flagged for the same thing. Offsetting penalties......extra point (if good).....play ball. Cheap call in an overtime game. Never should've happened.

Edited by Buzzman

I wouldn't call that a hit. Go look at the tape. You will see that if the official is going to make that call, both kids should have been flagged for the same thing. Offsetting penalties......extra point (if good).....play ball. Cheap call in an overtime game. Never should've happened.

i agree, and also there supposively there was one or two plays earlier in the game where harrison smith pushed after the whistle.......if this is true, he shouldve been flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct

that game was a huge rivalry for both teams so there is expected to be some pushing and shoving and emotions going on, and that's exactly what happened throughout the entire game from both teams. if you watch the replay closely from a camera angle in the back of the endzone, Hartman shoves blake in the face first before blake makes his move so i agree, there should have been offsetting penalties if anything but at that point in the game, the official should have definitely just let it go considering it was such a small confrontation.

Powellfan, it was a pretty bad call. CSS replayed it a half dozen times at least, and I still didn't see anything definitive. In a situation like that in overtime, unless something is clearly blatent, a flag like that can't be thrown. However, I thought it was kinda funny how the defender who tackled Beeler in the end zone was bating the official for a flag. It almost looked like the official threw the flag as soon as the defender started bellyaching for a penalty.

Edited by osunut2