Comcast BBB "Friday Night Scoreboard"

Wildmanfan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bump

I watched the show on Friday night, and while it may have been Q-man hanging up on callers (which I don't think he should have done) it was the other two co-host making the comments that caused the most problems. The hosts should NEVER make negative comments regarding a PLAYER in high school football. It started with them making comments about a kid playing dirty (not an Oak Ridge kid), then making comments about Stanton at Oak Ridge about last years Clinton game. I agree with Tank, Brad works his tail off, and is a valuable asset to all of the area schools, In my opinion, the two co-host should not be asked back!! These type of comments would have never happened with the original hosts of this show! (Ron, Mike..and company)

I watched the show on Friday night, and while it may have been Q-man hanging up on callers (which I don't think he should have done) it was the other two co-host making the comments that caused the most problems. The hosts should NEVER make negative comments regarding a PLAYER in high school football. It started with them making comments about a kid playing dirty (not an Oak Ridge kid), then making comments about Stanton at Oak Ridge about last years Clinton game. I agree with Tank, Brad works his tail off, and is a valuable asset to all of the area schools, In my opinion, the two co-host should not be asked back!! These type of comments would have never happened with the original hosts of this show! (Ron, Mike..and company)

I agree either get rid of the 2 guys who were acting so childish or change the show as a whole. New name, hosts, the whole nine yards. There was some things done Friday night that I am afraid cannot be repaired

Edited by don222

well I am biased, since I work with Tank at the paper but I am glad the channel is going through this. I saw the show Friday and what those two did was much worse than what Tank did to get "kicked" off of Wednesday night. Tank really worked hard for that channel and for the kids that watched it. It crushed him to lose that show and crushed him even more to have so-called friends stab him in the back. That station has an oak ridge address but anderson county schools get shafted. They should really go back to Roane County because the teams and players from that area get much better coverage. I have read this site a long time (it's wonderful) but never got involved with posting. I had to jump on this one. Tank told me what was going on, why in the world he sticks up for channel 12 is beyond me, but he does. He will probably get mad at me, but I run faster than he does so I don't care.

SF

Well, nothing like getting back from lunch to see my name being used to get an opinion across. It's even worse that he used my computer and told me didn't log out to do so originally!

I want to apologzie to Brad, he knows how I feel about his performance. As for SF, if you do this garbage, use your own computer. What happened with me and Wednesday night, has nothing to do with this situation.

well I am biased, since I work with Tank at the paper but I am glad the channel is going through this. I saw the show Friday and what those two did was much worse than what Tank did to get "kicked" off of Wednesday night. Tank really worked hard for that channel and for the kids that watched it. It crushed him to lose that show and crushed him even more to have so-called friends stab him in the back. That station has an oak ridge address but anderson county schools get shafted. They should really go back to Roane County because the teams and players from that area get much better coverage. I have read this site a long time (it's wonderful) but never got involved with posting. I had to jump on this one. Tank told me what was going on, why in the world he sticks up for channel 12 is beyond me, but he does. He will probably get mad at me, but I run faster than he does so I don't care.

SF

I agree with you SF. I actually quit watching on Wednesday night when Tank left the show. I propose starting a new show focusing on sports in the Anderson County area with Tank as the host and whoever he sees fit to name as co-hosts.

judging from talks with tank, that will never happen. I think something was brought up a few weeks ago but the owner said he didn't want him on the air anymore after this saturday thing is over.

I agree with you SF. I actually quit watching on Wednesday night when Tank left the show. I propose starting a new show focusing on sports in the Anderson County area with Tank as the host and whoever he sees fit to name as co-hosts.

SF

So your glad to see the station go through this? I understand that things went a little crazy Friday night (and the tape has been sent to Ron Berry just minutes ago) but to say that the STATION deserves this is a little over the top. Like I said before, I put my life into this place and to have someone tear it down because they got mad at a couple of the volunteers is crazy.

Like I said before, my wife and kids depend on this place as much as I do, because this is my living. I enjoy getting up in the mornings and coming to work, how many people can ACTUALLY say that about their jobs?

Your attack, I'm sure is not directed toward me, but when you attack Channel 12, you are attacking me because I've put more into this place than anyone. I've invested my own money in equipment and other things to make it better.

It just gets me down to hear someone attack something of "mine" just like it would you if someone was to attack you.

You go on to write that we should "GO BACK TO ROANE COUNTY" because they get better and more coverage, however 2 of the 3 hosts that were on the show Friday night were in fact from Anderson County. And something that we've TRIED to do is get a view point from all the local schools - Monk from Harriman, Ron from Rockwood, Donnie from Kingston, Queener from Clinton, Richie from AC, and Tank WAS our OR contact (however he's originally from Roane County). I try EACH week to go to a different school and get footage from the area high schools and have 1 other person to shoot for me who will go to one or two games also. We try to SPREAD IT OUT since our area covers from the lower part of Union County up into Cumberland County, NOT JUST OAK RIDGE!

Yes our address is Oak Ridge, and it's the most CENTRALLY located place in our coverage area, not to mention the largest city. A lot of people say that "they're glad that Oak Ridge lost", they, being the hosts, might be, but I'm not. I lived in Oak Ridge, my wife is from Oak Ridge and I have relatives that graduated from ORHS. I've followed ORHS football since I was in middle school because I lived in Oak Ridge, for 2 years, but went to school in Coalfield. Being in Coalfield, people would say "why do you like Oak Ridge?" and I would tell them that I lived there and liked following a "winning tradition".

I like WORKING in Oak Ridge, it's close to my house in Coalfield, it's close to my wife who works at the Physician's Plaza and it's a great place to be. However I know that there is more that exists in life other than Oak Ridge and Oak Ridge football. This is an area that has 8 high schools in our viewing area, do you think it's fair to the other 7 if all we do is cover Oak Ridge?

I was at over 7 ORHS football games last year covering the Wild Cats and will be there this Friday night as they take on Soddy Daisy and try to get back in the win column.

So for someone to say that all we do is Roane County Football is kind of out of line. We try our best to be a TRI-COUNTY station that covers the 8 high schools in the viewing area, including Oakdale, which is a SMALL Single-A school.

So as I ramble, I just want it to be known that I take to heart any stabs at the station because I feel like that I AM THE STATION. It's kind of like your sister, you can talk bad about her, but no one else can!

you work in the media, you need thick skin. it may be your opinion that you do a good job getting region-based people on the air but you do not. maybe you should focus on getting people who have a broad knowledge of sports and realize these are kids out there. it is very obvious that most of the people on "your" station hold grudges and aren't very professional. that's my opinion and it's my right to express it. sorry you all can't hang up on me here on these boards.

So your glad to see the station go through this? I understand that things went a little crazy Friday night (and the tape has been sent to Ron Berry just minutes ago) but to say that the STATION deserves this is a little over the top. Like I said before, I put my life into this place and to have someone tear it down because they got mad at a couple of the volunteers is crazy.

Like I said before, my wife and kids depend on this place as much as I do, because this is my living. I enjoy getting up in the mornings and coming to work, how many people can ACTUALLY say that about their jobs?

Your attack, I'm sure is not directed toward me, but when you attack Channel 12, you are attacking me because I've put more into this place than anyone. I've invested my own money in equipment and other things to make it better.

It just gets me down to hear someone attack something of "mine" just like it would you if someone was to attack you.

You go on to write that we should "GO BACK TO ROANE COUNTY" because they get better and more coverage, however 2 of the 3 hosts that were on the show Friday night were in fact from Anderson County. And something that we've TRIED to do is get a view point from all the local schools - Monk from Harriman, Ron from Rockwood, Donnie from Kingston, Queener from Clinton, Richie from AC, and Tank WAS our OR contact (however he's originally from Roane County). I try EACH week to go to a different school and get footage from the area high schools and have 1 other person to shoot for me who will go to one or two games also. We try to SPREAD IT OUT since our area covers from the lower part of Union County up into Cumberland County, NOT JUST OAK RIDGE!

Yes our address is Oak Ridge, and it's the most CENTRALLY located place in our coverage area, not to mention the largest city. A lot of people say that "they're glad that Oak Ridge lost", they, being the hosts, might be, but I'm not. I lived in Oak Ridge, my wife is from Oak Ridge and I have relatives that graduated from ORHS. I've followed ORHS football since I was in middle school because I lived in Oak Ridge, for 2 years, but went to school in Coalfield. Being in Coalfield, people would say "why do you like Oak Ridge?" and I would tell them that I lived there and liked following a "winning tradition".

I like WORKING in Oak Ridge, it's close to my house in Coalfield, it's close to my wife who works at the Physician's Plaza and it's a great place to be. However I know that there is more that exists in life other than Oak Ridge and Oak Ridge football. This is an area that has 8 high schools in our viewing area, do you think it's fair to the other 7 if all we do is cover Oak Ridge?

I was at over 7 ORHS football games last year covering the Wild Cats and will be there this Friday night as they take on Soddy Daisy and try to get back in the win column.

So for someone to say that all we do is Roane County Football is kind of out of line. We try our best to be a TRI-COUNTY station that covers the 8 high schools in the viewing area, including Oakdale, which is a SMALL Single-A school.

So as I ramble, I just want it to be known that I take to heart any stabs at the station because I feel like that I AM THE STATION. It's kind of like your sister, you can talk bad about her, but no one else can!

Hey SF, why the heck do you have ... reporter in your name? Shouldn't you be down at the press stacking papers up? :rolleyes:

Leave it alone, Oak Ridge gets wonderful coverage on channel 15 on Wednesday night with David Clary. I have a few more weeks to do this Saturday show, don't get me whacked from that! Plus, no matter what, Brad's hands are kinda tied in some situations ... like I have said many times.

I work in PRODUCTION not a reporter, kind of like you! I didn't pick the panel, that was done by Mr. Ron Berry.

You're not going to agree with everyone and you never will, besides, why would you want to? That would make for a boring show, and a boring life.

Well you're right, we aren't professional, because I don't have paid people on the air, so the definition of a professional is someone who gets paid for what they do. the guys on Friday AREN'T paid, so they're NOT professional.

As Tank stated, Channel 15 is a OAK RIDGE ONLY station and David Clary is the most knowledgeable person, next to Chicken Man, about Oak Ridge sports in the area.