2A, Region 5

tornadogold

i dont see why this is even an argument. who cares who beat who in the first round of the playoffs. that is last thing everyone one should be worried about. the only thing that matters is going to state. and im sorry guys but there is not one team in region 6-2a that is going state without having to buy a ticket to get in. An average Goodpasture team cake walked through 6-2a to state last ....Alcoa took care of the rest. Dont be downing the guys from fairview they are a different more experienced team and they beat our team pretty handily this year. im not going to make a prediction on this first round because i dont care. However i will say when the 3rd round comes it will be 5-2a 2 teams to 6-2a's none. This difference here being is competition. Every year there is one or two really good teams in west Tn in 1-3 A football but thats it. I cant tell who is good and who isnt when a bunck of middle of the road teams play each other. sorry. Oh by the way quit going by the polls and rankings. Everyone justs votes for thier own team or it is someone who knows absolutely nothing.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blah blah blah, this is the same stuff that was said last year. 6AA one and done 6AA is weak, blah blah blah.

Last time I checked Camden and Lewis Co. were pretty good teams. If you hang 60 on either of them, you're winnin state. Camden has given up <30 in 6 games, and LC has given up <25. Oh, and BTW, ask Fairview what happened last time they met the Lions of Camden in the first round of the playoffs.

And to reply to the thread topic, GP is an awesome team. 5AA is not a weak region, GP is just that tough. While I think GP and Alcoa are clear cut favorites for the Boro, I think 6AA will prove their worthiness of being in the playoffs.

Just for the record, in 2004, Camden defeated Fairview in the second round of the playoffs. They were a good team that dominated that game after they blocked a punt in the first quarter.

Region 5-2a was completely different that year. With the addition of the private schools in 2005, Fairview took its lumps last year while adjusting to the competition level.

This discussion will probably turn out to be a moot point. Unless Goodpasture's 3-deep at every position gets injured, there's no one in this half of the state that will touch them. Their only competition may be themselves.

As far as just giving up 25-30 total points at this time in the season, I can't see that happening if Camden and Lewis played in 5-2a. Goodpasture can score as many as they want to right now, based on the way they have been playing.

Blah blah blah, this is the same stuff that was said last year. 6AA one and done 6AA is weak, blah blah blah.

Last time I checked Camden and Lewis Co. were pretty good teams. If you hang 60 on either of them, you're winnin state. Camden has given up <30 in 6 games, and LC has given up <25. Oh, and BTW, ask Fairview what happened last time they met the Lions of Camden in the first round of the playoffs.

And to reply to the thread topic, GP is an awesome team. 5AA is not a weak region, GP is just that tough. While I think GP and Alcoa are clear cut favorites for the Boro, I think 6AA will prove their worthiness of being in the playoffs.

im sorry rcombs but ur an idiot. uve always said the dumbest crap on this website... everyone knows u cant go by wat happened 2 years ago.. Hmm example. 2002 Huntingdon got beat in the 1st round against fairview. hmm the next year.. Only ONE year later.. NOT 2.. they demolished david lipscomb in the state championship.. so please leave ur stupid comments to urself. and i rarely ever post on here..but i just had to say something.

im sorry rcombs but ur an idiot. uve always said the dumbest crap on this website... everyone knows u cant go by wat happened 2 years ago.. Hmm example. 2002 Huntingdon got beat in the 1st round against fairview. hmm the next year.. Only ONE year later.. NOT 2.. they demolished david lipscomb in the state championship.. so please leave ur stupid comments to urself. and i rarely ever post on here..but i just had to say something.

We'll all see come November :thumb:

to answer the main qusetion its a little bit of both. region 5 2a is not as strong as it has been in years past and GP is a very strong team.anyone that has seen the play knows that.last friday night was not the best game GP has ever played they were missing to many assignments in the first quarter.imagine if the would have played their best. there are only 2 good teams in region 5 this year and that is GP and CPA and the play in week 10.i dont know where yall are getting fairview from.any team that gets 62 points put up on them isnt good no matter who does it.

to answer the main qusetion its a little bit of both. region 5 2a is not as strong as it has been in years past and GP is a very strong team.anyone that has seen the play knows that.last friday night was not the best game GP has ever played they were missing to many assignments in the first quarter.imagine if the would have played their best. there are only 2 good teams in region 5 this year and that is GP and CPA and the play in week 10.i dont know where yall are getting fairview from.any team that gets 62 points put up on them isnt good no matter who does it.

Too bad you were'nt there or did'nt read the box score! Inexperienced Soph. quarterback tried to force some things, 5 picks 35 points due to picks, that makes the game 27-19 and Fairview does'nt give up at this score. We shall see!

Just so you know Fairview hasnt gave up more than 21 points on anybody except Goodpasture in their 7 games which they have won everygame since and before the Goodpasture game, and one thing Fairview, Lewis, and Waverly all played one team out of region and that is Hickman, Fairview and Lewis beating them by 7 each, and Waverly well they got demolished, another goose egg for the big tigers, seems like if they go up against a defense they dont produce much, and it will be their lucky day when going up against CPA who has lost one game to nobody really just MBA 28-21, ohh and that 28 points that they gave up only the most points they've given up all year in one game.

We all know goodpasture, they dont have a problem beating the teams from out of our region and into yours, Fairview vs. Camden will be the game that everybody wonders who's going to win, and the game where you ask yourself do i want to go to this game that is actually going to be a good one, or do i go to a game like Goodpasture,Lewis, or CPA and watch a 50-0 game. hmmmmmmmmm.

My team is better than your team. My region is better than yours. my bigger than yours blah blah.

Everyone knows that your team is not the same one that played last year and it can change dramatically from year to year with any given team on ooh no don't say it ... any given friday night.. ok could not stop my self. Fairview is gonna pound Camden Good pasture is the best no one can stop Alcoa. Arkansas will never beat Auburn. The Colts will blow Titans doors off. whatever.. anyone can run their mouth about what they want. no reason for name calling or fights starting cause then heads will roll. None of you want any of this.. lol Just kidding but making a point.

When Rcombs said these teams have kept their opponents under ... points that was for the seaon not one game.

"im sorry rcombs but ur an idiot. uve always said the dumbest crap on this website... everyone knows u cant go by wat happened 2 years ago.. Hmm example. 2002 Huntingdon got beat in the 1st round against fairview. hmm the next year.. Only ONE year later.. NOT 2.. they demolished david lipscomb in the state championship.. so please leave ur stupid comments to urself. and i rarely ever post on here..but i just had to say something."

Blaker

I am sure that if you had alot more posts there would be a of people on here who think that your posts are the dumbest they ever heard. I don't post alot and I think your comment was very out of line. I never get on here calling anyone an idiot or stupid for their opinion. That is what it is an opinion. Last time I heard you opinion was not wrong until after that game clocks goes off.

Watch the Language

Edited by robjim

I shouldn't respond to this ignorance... but I can't help myself. Fairview was just the first school in 5-2a to play Goodpasture. And when people saw the final score, they rightfully thought that Fairview couldn't be that good. Fairview did play poorly against Goodpasture, but obviously that wasn't the only factor.

But as time has gone on, Goodpasture just keeps hanging 60+ on each team they play.

Region 6-2a.... your time is coming... and don't count on your #4 doing to GP what Richland did to East Robertson last year...

Region 6-2a.... your time is coming... and don't count on your #4 doing to GP what Richland did to East Robertson last year...

Just remember that goes both ways...don't think that your #4 will knock off the number #1 in region 6 either. The quarterfinals will be Goodpasture and Lewis or Camden...mark it down.

Just remember that goes both ways...don't think that your #4 will knock off the number #1 in region 6 either. The quarterfinals will be Goodpasture and Lewis or Camden...mark it down.

I don't think anyone has assumed that would happen. #4 from 5-2A will be down from last year.