4-3A Playoff Race

War Eagles

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

plain and simple schs will go deep into the playoffs....or win it all. pc will also go into the playoffs but not as far. for the 3rd postion i think sycamore has it bagged up, but i do not think gb will advance.

the bison are preparing hard for wh and i dont think that they will be stopped. they are to good and with only the 2nd year of 3a and going into the playoffs they have all the momentum going for them right now. they have a chance to go region champs if they beat wh. pc will be the biggest challenge for sc but i think they will pull it off.

plain and simple schs will go deep into the playoffs....or win it all. pc will also go into the playoffs but not as far. for the 3rd postion i think sycamore has it bagged up, but i do not think gb will advance.

the bison are preparing hard for wh and i dont think that they will be stopped. they are to good and with only the 2nd year of 3a and going into the playoffs they have all the momentum going for them right now. they have a chance to go region champs if they beat wh. pc will be the biggest challenge for sc but i think they will pull it off.

So if you have SC #1 PC #2 and Sycamore #3.Where do you have WH?

Region 4-3A Standings & Playoff Scenarios Heading Into Week Nine:

1.) Station Camp: 8-0 (4-0)*

2.) Pearl Cohn: 6-3 (4-1)*

3.) White House: 5-3 (3-1): in with one more win

4.) Sycamore: 6-3 (2-3): in with one more win

5.) Greenbrier: 3-5 (1-3)

5.) Macon Co.: 3-5 (1-3)

7.) DeKalb Co.: 1-7 (0-4)

* means that the team(s) have clinched a spot in the TSSAA Playoffs :thumb:

If Station Camp beats WH & Greenbrier beats Macon Co.:

1.) Station Camp: 9-0 (5-0)*

3.) White House: 5-4 (3-2)

4.) Sycamore: 7-3 (3-3)*

5.) Greenbrier: 4-5 (2-3)

Station Camp vs Pearl Cohn in week ten would decide the Region 4-3A Title. Sycamore would be locked into the playoffs by virtue of their head-to-head win over Greenbrier AND the fact that they would win a three-way scenario involving themselves, White House, & Greenbrier. The Greenbrier at White House game in week ten would decide the final playoff spot in the region. If WH were to win that game they'd be #3 (#2 if PC fell at Station Camp) because they beat Sycamore head-to-head. If Greenbrier were to win that game Sycamore would be #3 and Greenbrier would be #4. Why??? Sycamore's overall win total would be the greater of the three teams and Greenbrier would own the head-to-head over White House.

If Station Camp beats WH & Macon Co. beats Greenbrier:

1.) Station Camp: 9-0 (5-0)*

3.) White House: 5-4 (3-2)

4.) Sycamore: 7-3 (3-3)*

5.) Macon Co.: 4-5 (2-3)

Once again Station Camp vs Pearl Cohn would decide the region championship. Sycamore would again be locked into the playoffs because they beat Macon Co. head-to-head AND would hold the overall win total in any possible three-way scenario. Macon Co. would have to beat DeKalb Co. in week ten and hope for a Greenbrier upset win over White House. If this happened Macon Co. would be #4 because they beat WH head-to-head earlier in the year.

NOTE: White House & Sycamore are the only two teams that control their own destiny as far as making the playoffs is concerned. If Greenbrier wins this upcoming week over Macon Co. & gets some help from Station Camp then they'll control their own destiny in week ten. In order for Macon Co. to get in it will take a miracle because they'll have to beat a slumping Greenbrier bunch and then hope that the same Bobcats team resurrects from the grave and buries White House in week ten.

Edited by Big Country

Well folks here is how I do have it shaking out down the stretch (REMEMBER THAT MY OPINION MEANS NOTHING):

Week Nine: Sycamore beats DeKalb Co. to lock up a spot in the playoffs. Station Camp beats White House and locks up a home playoff game to open the playoffs. Greenbrier wins at home on Senior Night over Macon Co. to keep their playoff dreams alive.

1.) Station Camp: 9-0 (5-0): would be #1 with win over PC; #2 with a loss vs PC

2.) Pearl Cohn: 6-3 (4-1): #1 with a win; #2 with a loss + GB win; #3 with loss + WH win

3.) White House: 5-4 (3-2): would be #3 with a win over Greenbrier; out with loss; #2 with win + PC loss

4.) Sycamore: 7-3 (3-3): would be #4 if WH wins; #3 if Greenbrier wins

5.) Greenbrier: 4-5 (2-3): would be #4 with a win at WH; out with a loss to WH

Week Ten: Pearl Cohn beats Station Camp, after getting two weeks to prepare for them, and wins the Region 4-3A Title. White House will beat Greenbrier at home and be the final team from the region to get in (they'd be the #3 seed). Macon Co. will send their monster Senior Class out on a high note against lowly DeKalb Co.

1.) Pearl Cohn: 7-3 (5-1): will likely open at home against Polk Co.

2.) Station Camp: 9-1 (5-1): will likely open at home against Howard

3.) White House: 6-4 (4-2): will likely open on the road at Notre Dame

4.) Sycamore: 7-3 (3-3): will likely open on the road at Meigs Co.

5.) Greenbrier: 4-6 (2-4)

6.) Macon Co.: 4-6 (2-4)

7.) DeKalb Co.: 1-9 (0-6)

Edited by Big Country