Bruceton or Union City

tigersr1

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't be that close.....The race in this region is and always will be for 4th place...McKenzie,Union City and Lake County will always make the playoffs...Union City will win by 3 TD's.....But I do imagine at one time or another during the game,someone from UC will get "hit in the mouth"..It's football,it usually happens...Tree's right though,Union City isn't good enough to overlook anyone....

It won't be that close.....The race in this region is and always will be for 4th place...McKenzie,Union City and Lake County will always make the playoffs...Union City will win by 3 TD's.....But I do imagine at one time or another during the game,someone from UC will get "hit in the mouth"..It's football,it usually happens...Tree's right though,Union City isn't good enough to overlook anyone....

How quickly 20 years of making the playoffs falls by the way side when you have 2-3 so-so years. I have seen ups and downs in this region for the past 25 years, yes even when McKenzie was in 1A before, and you can never, never, say that someone will always make the playoffs.

Conditions at Bruceton will eventually change and they will be back. They still have atheletes, but they are not getting them all out for football.

This may not be the year that this will happen, but it was only 4 or 5 years ago that Lake County was really struggling but those of us who watch this region knew that they would return to their winning ways eventually because they always have a lot of talent in that area.

Nothing is iron clad in football. All teams have ups and downs and they always will.

All that said, I think this will be a very good, close ball game, that comes down to turnovers and time of posession.

I've only seen each team one time against us. Based on those two games, this one could be pretty close. The key to a win for Bruceton is to find some way to stop Bracey. Good luck with that one-----it's a tall order. McKenzie kept him out of the end zone enough to get the job done but,............................!

Bruceton is starting to look like the old Bruceton a little bit and will hammer at you relentlessly!!! Union City needs to control the ball for a W here. Conditioning is an issue with the Golden Tornado bunch. Since Bruceton is a ball control team this is critical to a UC win.

Ol' Fearless in the Jackson Sun kinda leans to Bruceton on this one. How well will UC bounce back from a BIG region loss??????

monsterman, don't do the Yellow on here, you can't read it!!!!!!!!!

Edited by duckman38201

How quickly 20 years of making the playoffs falls by the way side when you have 2-3 so-so years. I have seen ups and downs in this region for the past 25 years, yes even when McKenzie was in 1A before, and you can never, never, say that someone will always make the playoffs.

Conditions at Bruceton will eventually change and they will be back. They still have atheletes, but they are not getting them all out for football.

This may not be the year that this will happen, but it was only 4 or 5 years ago that Lake County was really struggling but those of us who watch this region knew that they would return to their winning ways eventually because they always have a lot of talent in that area.

Nothing is iron clad in football. All teams have ups and downs and they always will.

All that said, I think this will be a very good, close ball game, that comes down to turnovers and time of posession.

Tone that yellow down a little so I can see what you type.......You are right about ups and downs though...Talent runs in cycles,it's true....Maybe,I shoulda not said ALWAYS...But the Tigers time came and went when Sturdivant left...There is a reason the kids are not coming out for football..Bruceton-Hollow Rock folks need to figure that one out.... :unsure:

I've only seen each team one time against us. Based on those two games, this one could be pretty close. The key to a win for Bruceton is to find some way to stop Bracey. Good luck with that one-----it's a tall order. McKenzie kept him out of the end zone enough to get the job done but,............................!

Bruceton is starting to look like the old Bruceton a little bit and will hammer at you relentlessly!!! Union City needs to control the ball for a W here. Conditioning is an issue with the Golden Tornado bunch. Since Bruceton is a ball control team this is critical to a UC win.

Ol' Fearless in the Jackson Sun kinda leans to Bruceton on this one. How well will UC bounce back from a BIG region loss??????

monsterman, don't do the Yellow on here, you can't read it!!!!!!!!!

Bruceton is not starting to look like Bruceton of old...Those guys smashed you in the mouth and kept on going..They had that "swagger"...They also had a very good coach....And having Ole Fearless leaning toward Bruceton should tell you all you need to know....Union City will win....One thing you may be overlooking ...Playing in 1A is a mind set for teams that move down from 2A...McKenzie has kept that 2A mentality and actually try to and take pride in going for victories against bigger schools....Union City is happy to win it's 1A games and to heck with the others...Why that has happened I don't know...Union City has only been 1A for 22 games,they were competing with and beating these larger schools for years,they just didn't bring that 2A mentality with them...If UC ever goes back to 2A they are going to be in trouble...Look at Peabody,they are just now recovering from their stint in 1A ball....

Who's going to get this big region win.

Halftime:

Bruceton 12

Union City 7

Chad Jordon is manhandling Union City from what the radio is saying. Jordon also fumbled on the goal line and U C recovers but counldn't do anything with it. Jordon sounds like a MAN among boys out there. He is having his way against Union City. Union City needs to find a way to stop him or it might just be a LONG second half.

Go Union City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halftime:

Bruceton 12

Union City 7

Chad Jordon is manhandling Union City from what the radio is saying. Jordon also fumbled on the goal line and U C recovers but counldn't do anything with it. Jordon sounds like a MAN among boys out there. He is having his way against Union City. Union City needs to find a way to stop him or it might just be a LONG second half.

Go Union City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like Bruceton will get their first win ever over the Union City team.

Bruceton 20

Union City 7

Now Lake Co. and Union City will battle it out for 3rd place and Lake Co. still has to go to Bruceton. CHAD JORDON with over 250 rushing and a MAN among boys in this game.

The line was the difference again.