• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well going into week 10 this is what the 1st round match-ups will look like

Goodpasture/CPA Winner vs. Adamsville/Houston Co./Richland

Fairview vs. Lewis Co./Camden Loser

Goodpasture/CPA Loser vs. Waverly

DCA/East Robertson Winner vs. Lewis Co./Camden Winner

The most complex situation in determining the seeding will be in region 6, where 3 teams still have a chance of getting in. If Adamsville beats Richland, Adamsville is in. However if Richland wins, it would create a 3 way tie for fourth. Adamsville and Houston Co. have 4-6 records, and Richland would have a 4-5 record. So you would think Richland would get in, but the tiebreaker calls for the team with the greatest number of wins. So that does not effect the situation yet. None of the teams have beaten a team with a record above .500. So it goes to the 3rd tiebreaker which is Opponents victory total. Going into the last week Richland's opponents have 42 victories and can only gain 1 more victory (Forrest) and Adamsville has 43 victories and can gain 2 more victories (McNairy Central and Hardin Co.), and Houston Co. has 42 victories and can gain 2 more victories (McEwen and Montgomery Central). This will probably determine the outcome, and Richland will be punished here because they only have 1 out of region game.

But here is how the tiebreaker can move on.

Forrest wins. McNairy and Hardin Co. lose. McEwen Wins. Montgomery Central will lose because they play Lipscomb. The others will be close. So this scenario would leave the victory totals at 43.

Next tiebreaker is opponents with the fewest defeats. Here is how that breaks down. I am just using the out of conference teams because the region teams would be the same. Richland's opponents would have only 2 losses. Houston's would have 12 and Adamsville 13. So Richland playing 9 games helps here and they would get in the playoffs.

Adamsville can get in with a win, or loss with a McNairy Central and Hardin Co. win (win Tiebreaker # 3), or a loss with a McNairy Co. or Hardin Co. win and a McEwen or Montgomery Central loss (win Tiebreaker # 3).

Richland gets in with a win and with a Forrest win, McNairy and Hardin Co. loss and a McEwen and Montgomery Central loss (eliminates Houston Co., they have head to head tiebreaker over Adamsville), or a win with a Forrest win, McNairy and Hardin loss, McEwen win, and Montgomery Central loss (win Tiebreaker # 4)

Houston Co. has only one way in and this is it. Richland win, McNairy and Hardin Co. loss, and McEwen and Montgomery Central win. So pretty much the chance of Houston Co. getting in is slim to none.

Ok I think that is correct.

Let's save everyone some time and Adamsville beat Richland. Keeps all of the other stuff from happening. GO CARDS!!!!

Nevermind which side you fall on in this discussion, this should be the most competitive playoff matchup scenario in the state, regardless of classification. Five of the top 10 ranked teams in 2A will be fighting it out between these two regions. Both CPA and Goodpasture are going to be tough for the publics to beat due to their ability to pass to multiple receivers. Most public schools at below the 4A level just don't have the athletes to cover 2 receivers, much less 3 or 4.

Nevermind which side you fall on in this discussion, this should be the most competitive playoff matchup scenario in the state, regardless of classification. Five of the top 10 ranked teams in 2A will be fighting it out between these two regions. Both CPA and Goodpasture are going to be tough for the publics to beat due to their ability to pass to multiple receivers. Most public schools at below the 4A level just don't have the athletes to cover 2 receivers, much less 3 or 4.

Most don't, but Camden does. And I'm not from Camden, so don't go thinking I'm showing favoritism to my team. I believe Camden has the team to beat.

No, not a fan, just appreciating the talent they have. They beat us soundly and I've been watching their scores all year. I'm a Waverly fan, always have been, always will be.

To get things straightened out I was saying that Camden doesn't have good recievers but you said that Camden is the team to beat???No offense to Waverly but there are about 25 teams in 2-A that could beat Waverly soundly. And there are about 5 teams in 2-A that could beat Camden soundly.

Edited by machine