Will some of the private schools in DI join DII after the new alignmne

eagle3612

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The moral of the story, Privates are welcome by the Public cry babies as long as they can be used as whipping boys.....just don't let them become good."

i dont think you can hardly say that. if tssaa was responding to public desires there would be no privates in d-1, whipping cream or not.

that said, i cannot fathom why the request was turned down.

neither ncs nor zion deserves to be put thru 2 more years of the current setup...

altho ncs does sometimes have decent football teams, and their basketball is plenty competitive.

as with merit system discussions for publics, all privates are likewise not the same.

i suppose i can understand the "between realignments" argument, except;

unless i am misreading things, both schools are in overcrowded regions already.

just once i would like to see a decision justified by it being the "right thing to do".

How do you respond to David Brainerd being allowed to go to Division I in the middle of the 4 year cycle? I would think if one can leave DII and go to DI then a DI school should be allowed to go to DII. Any thoughts?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• I don't believe they have anyone that is surbers caliber but a decent staff overall.
    • Richland plays at McKenzie on Wed.  Should be a good series.  Does Richland have good pitching?  
    • Congratulations to the Warrior baseball team winning the Region Championship.  Last night the football team beat Franklin Co 33-0 in their spring scrimmage. Warriors looked very good. Missing a few players who were playing baseball but still absolutely dominated. A lot of young ones got in halfway through the 3rd when the score reached 33-0. QB Tilton Pickett looked very sharp.  Sam Pickett is on another level this season. Seems to have put on 15 to 20 lbs in the off season and added a step as well. Transfer from last year Williamson caught numerous balls and is very elusive. Lots of athletes on this team. Defense was smothering and will only get better. The head coach from Sewanee was in attendance and offered 2 kids after the game. Could be a special year.
    • I heard Alabama was at Antioch practice and Colorado has offered QB. Hoping the Bears have a great year.