Powell central

PowellFan

Central won it by 13 I think it was 20-7

Good game Central should have won it by 40 if it wasnt for powell's d LIttle john didnt play not sure why

But on a serious note, Orlando Blair Took at hit with 20 seconds left, They said he went unconsious and stoped breathing, From what we heard in the stands he was okay, but they took him off in an ambulance (15 min for ambulance to get there was ridicoulous by the way)

Guys and gals just keep him in your prayers

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PowellFan, it was great to watch the game with you tonight. It was a shame to see Orlando get hurt like that. My prayers go out to him, his family and friends, and the entire community.

This was without a doubt the ugliest game I've witnessed all season. I lost count of the number of turnovers and penalties in this game. Everytime Powell turned the football over, Central found a way to give it right back to the Panthers. Powell was completely inept on offense, yet they continued to run the football right up the gut, to no avail. Neither one of these teams looked very good tonight, period. West may actually be the #2 team in this region, after watching the game at Powell tonight. Congrats to Central on a 20-7 victory. Region 3 is really really down this year.

It was fun watching with you also sir. I would have been more into it but I couldnt feal anything lol

But the game was pitiful It was a disgrace to my eyes watching them play

OHh yeah OSU the reason Zane was out there with john He woke up too late this morning and missed the bus for the ride. So I got a fealing he may be leaving marhsall very soon. I know thats what happen cause he rode home with Mr. Smith.

It was fun watching with you also sir. I would have been more into it but I couldnt feal anything lol

But the game was pitiful It was a disgrace to my eyes watching them play

OHh yeah OSU the reason Zane was out there with john He woke up too late this morning and missed the bus for the ride. So I got a fealing he may be leaving marhsall very soon. I know thats what happen cause he rode home with Mr. Smith.

Wow, what a shame, and such a waste of talent!

I can't speak for Knox County's position, but other "metro" areas feel that they have enough ambulances on call at any given time, and they don't feel the need to have an ambulance at the games because they can be out responding to other emergencies within the community. I guess that's something that goes along with living in a larger city. But smaller schools usually have an ambulance on site.

I don't want to sound like I'm bashing the smaller schools......but when you have a "big game" such as the Catholic-Fulton game, or any games that have a larger student population (i.e. 4A & 5A), those games usually have more people in attendance because of the size of the school, parents, bands, students, etc. and it just makes sense that there should be an ambulance on site. Not just for the athletes.....but also for the people in the stands. Those people have accidents and emergencies also.

I'm also hoping that Orlando will be OK. It was a wicked collison, but a clean play. Several of the coaches and players were going to the hospital. If anyone gets an update, please pass it along. I also hope that Wilson is not hurt too badly. These two are proboably our most talented players.

HTV--It was good to meet and talk with you. I also listened to some of the broadcast. You guys do a nice job. I also wondered if you had the stats for the penalty yards in the game. What was printed in the paper could not have been correct.

Over the years, both of these teams have played a high level of ball. They have been amongst the best in the area and in 4a. You would not have known that from watching these two last nite. It was an ugly, ugly, sloppy game. Central had to have had at least 6 holding penalties. Powell had absolutely no running game and very little skill position talent other than Cruze. I'm not sure if McMillian is given an option on passing plays who to throw to, but he has to make better decisions. When 3 guys are covering the reciever, he has to look for other options or take off with it. Powell's O line did a very poor job of blocking. Central's linemen many times were there just as the back got the ball from the QB.

Some positives were the play of Central's D as a whole. I thought they were very good last nite. Powell's pass coverage was good last nite. This game was intense and did have a playoff atmosphere to it. Both of these have a lot to work on before the playoffs begin and really, no playoff positions have been settled between Central, Powell and West. Central has Clinton next week while the big region game on Friday is West/Powell.

He is out of the hopital and is back home doing well. He's going to miss the last two regular season games.....but it doesn't really matter.

I can't speak for everybody, but I want to thank the whole CHS family and Powell fans, players etc for all of their prayers and thoughts for OJ.

I know we all get on here and talk BS and other trash......but it made my heart proud to see the community come together and pray for an injured player.....no matter what team he played for.

sofine--good to hear from you. I'm sure that was as scary a moment as you've experienced on the sidelines for CHS. Very glad to hear that OJ is doing well. When something like this happens, it is a reminder that these are just GAMES. OJ can still be a team leader from the sidelines.