SHOWTIME: FRIENDSHIP / TROUSDALE

purplegoldfan

Congrats to FC on the win. TC self destructed early in the game and could never recover. Blake made an almost impossible catch to keep TC in the game, but we should have been blown out early. Is Rickaway ok I noticed he was out a lot of the fourth qtr. I hope he wasn't injured he is a very good back with a lot of talent.I have to say you guys came up big when it mattered the most and sealed the win on a big turnover. Who will you guys likely play in the 1st round and how will the region match up in the playoffs if any one knows I would appreciate it. Again congrats to the Commanders you guys got it done.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that's generous. There were about 5000 at our game...and it rained before the game. I hope you or G-ville rips little FCS in the playoffs. If you could buy them for what the were worth...and sell them for what they think they are worth...you could clear as much as TC made on our game. :D You (FCS) could have done the same...but you ran from us.

How bad does this make Ain't-One look? :D His Night Chickens (enrollment of 613) is griping about a last minute scheduling phone call to play the lowly Commanders (enrollment 249). Way to step up and be a man Ain't-One! :thumb:

Why didn't you call a Goodpasture or Lipscomb? Oh that's right ... you can't compete ... we all saw that with the Night Chickens moving up in class to duck them a few years back. :thumb::D

Congrats to FC on the win. TC self destructed early in the game and could never recover. Blake made an almost impossible catch to keep TC in the game, but we should have been blown out early. Is Rickaway ok I noticed he was out a lot of the fourth qtr. I hope he wasn't injured he is a very good back with a lot of talent.I have to say you guys came up big when it mattered the most and sealed the win on a big turnover. Who will you guys likely play in the 1st round and how will the region match up in the playoffs if any one knows I would appreciate it. Again congrats to the Commanders you guys got it done.

If TC ends up a #3 or #4 seed ... I feel very sorry for South Pitt or Temple. Nothing like feeling you've accomplished something to get the normal TC smack down in the first round of the playoffs instead of the 2nd or 3rd round. Good luck (you don't need it) the rest of the way ... I'm sure we will see you guys in the playoffs again. :D

Congrats to FCS! You are the region 4 champs no questions about it. I know there were a lot of people, myself included who doubted that you could beat GV and TC back to back, but yall proved us wrong. It may not have always been pretty, but a win is a win so congrats again. Good luck to both schools next week and in the playoffs. :D

If TC ends up a #3 or #4 seed ... I feel very sorry for South Pitt or Temple. Nothing like feeling you've accomplished something to get the normal TC smack down in the first round of the playoffs instead of the 2nd or 3rd round. Good luck (you don't need it) the rest of the way ... I'm sure we will see you guys in the playoffs again. :D

The way it looks is Temple gets the pleasure of playing TC in the first round and SP will play Watertown. I guess this could change with one more week.

After reading about this game, sounds like TC will have to step it up or they may be the first round victims. FC and Gordonsville shouldn't have any problems with our 3 and 4

Edited by zonepirate

I would have to say first good job to TC. You didn't quite at all (why would you only down by 14) and you played your butts off the whole game. That being said here is my take on the game. It was a game that was give and take on both sides of the ball. TC gave FCS a few turnovers early in the game and FCS capatalized on them. Sometimes FCS shot themselves in the foot but TC still gave them chances to score. in the second half, FCS with thier "run straight up the middle with nine in the box" tatic gave TC chances to come back. notice i didn't say a chance, i said chances. They gave TC multiple chances to come back and win the football game and FCS D just stepped up... again. So i really think it was just a game of give and take, TC gave FCS some early chances and a short field, and then FCS gave TC some late chances and a short field. Both teams had their shots and FCS's D just played better.

thank you. i was hoping that we would get a little respect after winning. trousdale is a great team. everyone is saying this is an off year... but when two rivalry teams play you have to expect it to be close. i think the only reason TC isn't ranked is b/c of their early losses due to injuries. no way would they have lost to watertown with satterfield in the game. they are not the same team they were at the beginning of the year. i thought both teams played great physical football between the whistles. region 4 does need to step it up in the playoffs. they have alot of potential if they will cut out the stupid turnovers like fumbling on the 1 yd line or throwin 3 picks

If there were 1,000 people at that game last night, 200 of them were in the bathroom. I would say about 750-1000(tops). Trousdale brought just as many as the home crowd. That was an excellent high school game. I was a little suprised with the monotonous play calling by Hartsville. The midline option was called on probably 80% of the plays. FCS is going to have to improve a lot to hang on to that #1 ranking. If both teams would have scored when they SHOULD have scored, it would have went into overtime tied at 28-28.

How bad does this make Ain't-One look? :blink: His Night Chickens (enrollment of 613) is griping about a last minute scheduling phone call to play the lowly Commanders (enrollment 249). Way to step up and be a man Ain't-One! :justwrestle:

Why didn't you call a Goodpasture or Lipscomb? Oh that's right ... you can't compete ... we all saw that with the Night Chickens moving up in class to duck them a few years back. :huh::lol:

1A...tns...vol16...etc.

Ah...your alter ego answers. :ph34r: Last minute...nope...you don't want to play. Like I said...that's okay. I don't think we want to play the "Commodores" anymore. Looking at comparative scores...you wouldn't have challenged us anyway. You squeaked by teams we beat by 21 and 35. We are rated way ahead of you too. You wouldn't bring a third of the gate G-ville and TC do. Nah...we'll pass.

How bad does it make you look to claim 5100 at a game that had 750?

We would have played DL or GP. We much would have rather played them than to go to Knoxville to play the #1 team in 3a...3 hours away. It doesn't look like we are afraid to schedule...like some little Green team to the west. Step up...nah...you don't want to do that. Speaking of ducking competition...you stayed in 1a where you are rated #1...which is #93 in the state.

1A...tns...vol16...etc.

Ah...your alter ego answers. :D Last minute...nope...you don't want to play. Like I said...that's okay. I don't think we want to play the "Commodores" anymore. Looking at comparative scores...you wouldn't have challenged us anyway. You squeaked by teams we beat by 21 and 35. We are rated way ahead of you too. You wouldn't bring a third of the gate G-ville and TC do. Nah...we'll pass.

How bad does it make you look to claim 5100 at a game that had 750?

We would have played DL or GP. We much would have rather played them than to go to Knoxville to play the #1 team in 3a...3 hours away. It doesn't look like we are afraid to schedule...like some little Green team to the west. Step up...nah...you don't want to do that. Speaking of ducking competition...you stayed in 1a where you are rated #1...which is #93 in the state.

Whew! Hit a nerve! :D

Keep trying to step down ... if that is the only way you can feel good about your self. We know that with all of the Night Chickens football history just how many gold balls you have. :D:lol:

Goodpasture (pop. 377) and Lipscomb (pop. 513) would have been big steps down too ... but you aren't going on and on about how you asked them to play. :lol:

Whew! Hit a nerve! :lol:

Keep trying to step down ... if that is the only way you can feel good about your self. We know that with all of the Night Chickens football history just how many gold balls you have. :):rolleyes:

Goodpasture (pop. 377) and Lipscomb (pop. 513) would have been big steps down too ... but you aren't going on and on about how you asked them to play. :lol:

Like I said...we tried to play just about everybody within 60 miles. I know we tried to play CPA...and several others. I don't know if either of those teams had an opening. We definitely would have played either of them instead of traveling to Knoxville.

Nah...we don't want to play you anymore. You bring no gate...and wouldn't challenge us either. We already play two 1a teams. The only reason is for the gate...no travel...and they both have good competitive programs. You are not at that point yet. Call us when you get there. We'll see what we can do. GP and DL don't travel too well either. Catholic brought an even sparser crowd.

Another stellar comment on how many gold balls we have. Gee...you have only been to the quarters in 1a. How could you even think about busting anybody about that? I predict the Green Chickens won't get to the big show this year either.

I am a little confused by your "stepping down" comment. We self imposed our own multiplier for four years. We stepped up to 3a to play schools nearly twice our size. How do you get we dodged GP and DL? Yeah...we dodged them to get to play LA and Portland (which had a long winning streak coming off the 3a title).

Gee...didn't LA beat DL in last year's title game? Hmmmmm. You whine and whine about the multiplier. If those larger schools are so much easier to beat...what's the problem?

Edited by Antwan

I am a little confused by your "stepping down" comment. We self imposed our own multiplier for four years. We stepped up to 3a to play schools nearly twice our size. How do you get we dodged GP and DL?

Stepping down means trying to line up your THIRD 1A game. Step up and go after the 3-4-5A'ers. :thumb:

And yeah ... you dodged the privates. You didn't want GP and DL in your district so you bolted. The "gates" thing is an excuse ... but not reality. :lol: