REGION 7-3A PREVIEW

i love cocky people....especially george patton ...... now there is a man who never wore pink panties..... nor did he care if people thought he was cocky......

I'm not seeing the connection since I never read where Patton made excuses when thing didn't go his way.

"Give credit where it's due."

- George S. Patton

"Do not make excuses, whether it s your fault or not."

-George S. Patton

Edited by Trestor

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not seeing the connection since I never read where Patton made excuses when thing didn't go his way.

"Give credit where it's due."

- George S. Patton

"Do not make excuses, whether it s your fault or not."

-George S. Patton

the connection was in response to the post that rebfan65 does not like "cocky trojan fans" who think that they are better than everyone else....

"cocky" does not equal "better than everyone else"..

patton was used as an example of a cocky leader..as a result, he was not liked by his peers nor his troops...but he was feared by the enemy.....he could care less about what people thought of him.... many of his peers thought he was too cocky, especially when he earned his nickname "little bandito" by general pershing....

regarding excuses.........we all make excuses (aka explanations)...it is up to us to determine which are a reasonable explanation and which are not reasonable..and yes, patton also made excuses....

i am still trying to make the connection between "cocky" and how it equates to "better than everyone else"....

from webster ... excuse is defined as a cause, explanation.....

WE ALL MAKE EXCUSES :thumb:

with that said, what is yours?

Edited by mg

the connection was in response to the post that rebfan65 does not like "cocky trojan fans" who think that they are better than everyone else....

“cocky” does not equal “better than everyone else”…..

patton was used as an example of a “cocky” leader…..as a result, he was not liked by his peers nor his troops...but he was feared by the enemy.....he could careless about what people thought of him.... many of his peers thought he was too cocky, especially when he earned his nickname "little bandito by general pershing....

regarding excuses.........we all make excuses (aka explanations)…it is up to us to determine which are a reasonable explanation and which are not reasonable…..and yes, patton also made excuses…

i am still trying to make the connection between "cocky" and how it equates to "better than everyone else"....

from webster – excuse is defined as a cause, explanation……..

WE ALL MAKE EXCUSES :thumb:

with that said, what is yours?

Mr. Grant, I am an Obion Central fan and the father of Matt Craddock #4 for the Rebels, I read in your post the little comment about the pink panties and I would like to respond, first off let me say this congratulations to the Trojans for their victory, they are an outstanding ball team, that being said let me address this especially to you my son does not wear pink panties nor does any of the other Rebel players,I have followed alot of your post on coacht and can remember some time back a response you had on here about how if you found any Trojan players putting bulletin board material or just plain talking smack you would personally see that Coach Counce found out about it, well I have to wonder what Coach Counce would think about your comments on here? i mean being the voice of J.C Sawyers stadium I thought you would conduct yourself in a adult type manner, now I am sure you will have a cute reply for this response so therefor I will leave my name and phone number on here if you would like to discuss this man to man. Johnny Craddock 731-885-3519

for the record, i just spoke to mr craddock...

he read my response to reb65 post, and had ASSUMED that the "pink panties" was directed at the players of OC.... which rightfully so upset him....

i am still not sure how my comment was stretched so far as to apply to any players..... i am still scratching my head on that one......

and for other fans who do not understand how message boards work.....when you see a post in quotations, above a response, it means that the response is normally crafted to the post in the quotations.....

got give respect to mr craddock cause he was man enough to invite me call him.... just hope that he understood that the pink panties was not directed to any oc players......some of their fans yes......but not players....

i don't think you find where i have posted any smack talking about any players.......coacht users yes.....heck yes...

anyone else got any problems with my post, just me your phone number and i too will be gald to discuss them with you..

Edited by mg

for the record, i just spoke to mr craddock...

he read my response to reb65 post, and had ASSUMED that the "pink panties" was directed at the players of OC.... which rightfully so upset him....

i am still not sure how my comment was stretched so far as to apply to any players..... i am still scratching my head on that one......

and for other fans who do not understand how message boards work.....when you see a post in quotations, above a response, it means that the response is normally crafted to the post in the quotations.....

got give respect to mr craddock cause he was man enough to invite me call him.... just hope that he understood that the pink panties was not directed to any oc players......some of their fans yes......but not players....

i don't think you find where i have posted any smack talking about any players.......coacht users yes.....heck yes...

anyone else got any problems with my post, just me your phone number and i too will be gald to discuss them with you..

This has gotten a little out of hand. First off I wanna comment that myself nor any other Rebel suppoters wear "pink panties". I make no excuses for the loss to Dyersburg. They just plain and simple beat us. They are a terrific ball team that is well coached and hope them or somebody else from 7-3A brings a gold ball back from the 'boro. Now about the comment about being "cocky" and thinking "your better than everyone else". I personally think it's one in the same. So on that I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Some, not all, Trojan fans fit in that category. My comment was made out of total aggrivation. I personally think we are better than our 5-4 record and how we played agaisnt D'burg. This season hasn't turned out like I hoped and thought and it would. But that's the way it goes sometimes. My nephew is a senior this season and has been a starter for two years now. He and these other boys have given everything they've got to the program to make it better and it hurts to see them come up short again. And when I see shots taken at the program I take it personally. We don't have the athletes like the Dyersburg's,Haywood's, Covington's, and Crockett Co.'s. But the boys give everything they got and for that I wouldn't take any team in the world over them. All I've got to say after that is best of luck to the Trojan team and the rest of 7-3A. All of y'all have a shot at making a deep run in the playoffs. Make us all proud! :lol:

GO REBELS AND GET 'EM #4!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

you are correct.... the rebs played with great heart this season........even in my preseason post i had truly thought that the rebs would have a chance to be in the top 3......with a couple of breaks, oc would have finished 3rd......

reb65 hit the nail on the head......we must be able to agree to disagree......

the lesson for the day is that we ALL sometimes assume the wrong thing from a persons written post, when we might take it different if we heard them say it..... especially people who love to make light of situations.....like me.... and don't be too quick to assume that a post is directed at a player or a team....this mess was started when i made a little rub on backinthaoc's comment about dyersburg's speed and performance at the pella bowl (see post #17 and #14)......

the message board is not a place for a person who has "thin skin".......you gotta be able to take a little "rub"....

heck...i still have to take the "rub" over the "first round knockout"........

Edited by mg