REGION 7-3A PREVIEW

Talking to my little brother that plays for DHS, the players know how important this game really is. It also goes a long way into how many home games they get in the playoffs, so if you expect that lay down cuz they have a playoff spot locked up, 4-get it...

Talking about "wasted space"- I'm sure that EVERYONE knows how important these last games are... Crockett, Covington, and yes Dyersburg.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you wasted space on that post,,,,crockett has mvp's dyersburg has mvp's and so does covington, obion will see this week what an mvp is on both sides of the ball, you must respect elam at linbacker he is the man in the middle, and look at running backs i would say perry, gude, and caldwell are all just as good as flowers they just dont have to cary thier team on their shoulders they have help unlike flowers, like i said u wasted space, i hope your at the game you will see what speed is. THE ONLY MVP OBION HAS IS LOGAN PARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a total joke...I'm glad all Dyersburg fans aren't like you...I've seen Dyersburg play this year.....I saw them play in the Pella Bowl against Calloway County......I wasn't all that impressed by the hyped up speed...Dyersburg does have a solid ball club,no doubt...They are just not as good as you hope they were....Crockett County proved that,Covington and Haywood proved it too...Just make me one promise...If the Rebels do defeat your beloved Trojans,will you man-up and give the Rebels props??..Don't blame the loss on a fall break,cold weather,homecoming....Like I said in my post,those other teams,Dyersburg included,have alot of players that are really good...That sometimes takes away attention when mentioning MVP probables...Perry and Gude,as good as they are,didn't rush for 100 yards against OC....As far as Elam is concerned,he is a good player...But you will see a linebacker tonight in Hayslett...If your speedy little running backs don't know him,they will in a few hours....OH and Logan hasn't played since week 3...Don't believe he could be considered a MVP for OC this year....

I also know that the coaches at Dyersburg have much more respect for Obion Central than some of their fans and that will filter down to their players..It will be a good game...Two teams fighting for different things....Dyersburg hoping to lock-up a home field playoff game and OC playing for their playoff lives....If I thought DBurg coaches and more knowledgable fans of the Trojans didn't have respect for the Rebels,that might fire me up a little more...You not showing any is nothing new...It's actually typical... B)

I would like to throw something out at everybody...Since this is week 9,who do you folks believe would be the offensive and defensive MVP's of this region for the regular season????......

My pick for defensive MVP might surprise some,.or it may not...Alex Watkins is getting alot of press in this region because of his committing to Alabama....I have seen all the teams in this region this year(Ripley in a jamboree),my pick for defensive MVP in region 7-3A is LB Savion Hayslett of Obion Central...Watkins is a good player,no doubt,but Hayslett never takes a play off,his motor is always running and he is always either making the tackle or right in on it......

The player in the region that made the most impact on me as far as the offensive side of the ball was Andre Flowers from Dyer County......

Some Crockett County fans and I know most of the Dyersburg fans will believe they would have someone as MVP....Crockett has so many good players on their team that they really don't have a superstar that just jumps out at you...That is probably why they are so good.....The only other player that just stood out to me was the QB at Covington,Hoskins.....

:lol: Are you kidding?? :lol: Savion is a great player and should be highly recruited but your defense has given up over eighty points in just two region games. I don't think that a defensive MVP should or could come from a "mediocre" defense. However, the rebels are a great team and I wish them the best of luck!! :lol:

You are a total joke...I'm glad all Dyersburg fans aren't like you...I've seen Dyersburg play this year.....I saw them play in the Pella Bowl against Calloway County......I wasn't all that impressed by the hyped up speed...Dyersburg does have a solid ball club,no doubt...They are just not as good as you hope they were....Crockett County proved that,Covington and Haywood proved it too...Just make me one promise...If the Rebels do defeat your beloved Trojans,will you man-up and give the Rebels props??..Don't blame the loss on a fall break,cold weather,homecoming....Like I said in my post,those other teams,Dyersburg included,have alot of players that are really good...That sometimes takes away attention when mentioning MVP probables...Perry and Gude,as good as they are,didn't rush for 100 yards against OC....As far as Elam is concerned,he is a good player...But you will see a linebacker tonight in Hayslett...If your speedy little running backs don't know him,they will in a few hours....OH and Logan hasn't played since week 3...Don't believe he could be considered a MVP for OC this year....

I also know that the coaches at Dyersburg have much more respect for Obion Central than some of their fans and that will filter down to their players..It will be a good game...Two teams fighting for different things....Dyersburg hoping to lock-up a home field playoff game and OC playing for their playoff lives....If I thought DBurg coaches and more knowledgable fans of the Trojans didn't have respect for the Rebels,that might fire me up a little more...You not showing any is nothing new...It's actually typical... :lol:

since dyersburg has a lot of "hyped" speed, you probably did not notice that "little ole" (your words) junior tyler caldwell had about 220 yards rushing on 13 carries in only about 2.5 quarters that he played.....

i also thought the rebs looked very rested tonight....must have been fall break!

also congrats to tyler caldwell....he made the 1000 yard club tonight......

and i don't think that any of our running backs got to meet your linebacker.....they were just way to rude running down field to the end zone....but they did shake his hand after the game.....

Edited by mg

since dyersburg has a lot of "hyped" speed, you probably did not notice that "little ole" (your words) junior tyler caldwell had about 220 yards rushing on 13 carries in only about 2.5 quarters that he played.....

i also thought the rebs looked very rested tonight....must have been fall break!

and i don't think that any of our running backs got to meet your linebacker.....they were just way to rude running down field to the end zone....but they did shake his hand after the game.....

When credit is due credit is given...I have a history of that...

Tyler Caldwell more that anything else benefits from a very good offensive line...He makes the headlines,but the Trojan line are the real heroes....As far as speed,as I posted on the OC-Dburg thread,everyone looks fast against the Rebels....And Tyler is little,actually smaller than I remember him even from the Calloway County game....What makes the Trojans dangerous is the playmaking ability of Tayor....He is really just another running back in the back field....As far as pure quarterback,no he isn't that...I imagine if he was to go on and further his career it would be at wide receiver or maybe running back..Again he is smallish....I've still seen the best running back in the region and that's Andre Flowers.....Dyersburg still won't beat Crockett County though....The Cavs are the best team Ive seen in person,and although Dburg did play them within two TD's,that's still a pretty good margin against Dburg....Dyersburg is good,Ive said that all along..Ive never said anything different,they are just not as great as some of your fans think they are.....

You are due the sarcasm,it's pretty funny actually....Believe me, had I had the chance, I would have spread it on thick... :lol:

Congrats to the Trojans on very good performance tonight..I also had forgotten about Hugh Owens coaching down there....He was an assistant to Randy Barnes when I played at Union City from 80-84....Good Luck to him also....

REGION 7-3A RESULTS FOR 10-20-06.....

CROCKETT COUNTY -35

COVINGTON-6

DYERSBURG-38

OCCHS-13

HAYWOOD CO.-28

RIPLEY-21

DYER COUNTY-48

HALLS-13

Crockett County sewed up the Region Championship with their win over Covington....

Playoff seedings for Region 7-3A are as follows.....

1-CROCKETT CO.

2-DYERSBURG

3-COVINGTON

4-HAYWOOD CO.

CURRENT STANDINGS FOR REGION 7-3A INCLUDING WEEK 9 RESULTS....

CROCKETT CO......9-0.....5-0

DYERSBURG..........8-1.....5-1

COVINGTON..........7-2.....3-2

HAYWOOD CO.......3-6.....2-3

OCCHS.................5-4.....1-4

RIPLEY..................5-4.....1-4

DYER CO...............4-5.....1-4

GAMES FOR THE WEEK OF 10-27-06......

COVINGTON @ DYER COUNTY

HAYWOOD COUNTY @ CROCKETT COUNTY

OBION CENTRAL @ RIPLEY

McNAIRY COUNTY @ DYERSBURG

With Dyer Co.'s win over the Halls Tigers,region 7-3A has moved to 22-4 against outside competition...With only Dyersburg's game against 2-7 McNairy Co. left,the region will look to lock up a 23-4 regular season record against non-region opponents....

News from region 8-3A....Sheffield lost their game Thursday night against perennial 4A power Melrose 13-12...Mitchell also lost,28-24 to Memphis East......

i agree that crockett county is the best team in region 7....

i am not sure that i would say that the trojans are not as good as everyone thought.....at least not right now...last years team went flat during and after fall break....

i said it early on that this dburg team has potential to be very good.....they have yet to peak and only time will tell....

there is one thing that i have noticed about this team, is that the defense is coming together at the right time....check the scores for the first five games vs the last four....big improvement......

if the offense improves, then i think a rematch will be on the table for dburg and crockett....and that game, if i read the bracket right, will be in dyerburg...

don't read me wrong...crockett is the team to beat.....but the first time we played them they were out for revenge...at their place....and the score was 21-14 with two minutes to go.....

crockett seems to be focused and on a mission.....and i have a gut feeling that come quarter finals, these two team will meet again for what i suspect will be a dog fight.....

regardless, I just hope that a team from region 7 can make the finals and win a state championship….

i agree that crockett county is the best team in region 7....

i am not sure that i would say that the trojans are not as good as everyone thought.....at least not right now...last years team went flat during and after fall break....

i said it early on that this dburg team has potential to be very good.....they have yet to peak and only time will tell....

there is one thing that i have noticed about this team, is that the defense is coming together at the right time....check the scores for the first five games vs the last four....big improvement......

if the offense improves, then i think a rematch will be on the table for dburg and crockett....and that game, if i read the bracket right, will be in dyerburg...

don't read me wrong...crockett is the team to beat.....but the first time we played them they were out for revenge...at their place....and the score was 21-14 with two minutes to go.....

crockett seems to be focused and on a mission.....and i have a gut feeling that come quarter finals, these two team will meet again for what i suspect will be a dog fight.....

regardless, I just hope that a team from region 7 can make the finals and win a state championship….

If Crockett and Dyersburg meet up in the playoffs,it will be in Alamo...If the first and second place team in the same region meet in the playoffs,the game will be played at the higher seeded team....

It's because of comments like this by mg and trojans fan 04 that people don't cheer on Dyersburg. I have had it up to my eyeballs with there cocky "I'm better than you attitude". You know you dominated OC last night and that's a credit to Coach Counce and his staff having his team prepared and not letting them be distracted by homecoming. I have nothing but respect for the players and coaches of Dyersburg. But the fans on here are a different story. You can't just let it be. You have to ag it on. You can't just let your teams performance be enough. And forget about giving credit if you happen to lose. All I read after the Crockett Co. game was how you were only down by seven with two minutes to go. You know we were only down by six to Covington and two to Haywood with two minutes to go but guess what, WE LOST! We accepted it and moved on. And you can go ahead and talk about how OC hasn't won much in its history. Nine winning seasons in 46 years and only eight trips to the playoffs with only one win. That's fine I can't argue with it. But our guys bust there butts and play with all they have every game. We don't have those kids with the blazing speed like the Dyersburg's,Covington's, and Crockket Co's. So be grateful you have those kids. I seen a saying at the Dyersburg game I liked that said "Together We Attack". The players have bought into it. Now there fans on coacht need to adopt this one, "Be gracious in victory and humble in defeat"!

Edited by rebfan65

Here are what should be the pairings for Week 11...Round #1 in T.$.$.A.A $tate Playoffs for Region 7 & 8 3A.......

Frayser @ Crockett County

Mitchell @ Dyersburg

Covington @ Trezevant

Haywood Co @ Sheffield

Current Standings For Region 8-3A.....

1-Sheffield......6-3......3-0

2-Trezevant.....5-4......2-1

3-Mitchell.........7-3......2-2

4-Frayser.........2-6......1-2

5-Hillcrest.........1-8......0-3

Games for 10-27-06....

Sheffield vs Hillcrest

Trezevant vs Frayser

Mitchell's season is complete...

It's because of comments like this by mg and trojans fan 04 that people don't cheer on Dyersburg. I have had it up to my eyeballs with there cocky "I'm better than you attitude". You know you dominated OC last night and that's a credit to Coach Counce and his staff having his team prepared and not letting them be distracted by homecoming. I have nothing but respect for the players and coaches of Dyersburg. But the fans on here are a different story. You can't just let it be. You have to ag it on. You can't just let your teams performance be enough. And forget about giving credit if you happen to lose. All I read after the Crockett Co. game was how you were only down by seven with two minutes to go. You know we were only down by six to Covington and two to Haywood with two minutes to go but guess what, WE LOST! We accepted it and moved on. And you can go ahead and talk about how OC hasn't won much in its history. Nine winning seasons in 46 years and only eight trips to the playoffs with only one win. That's fine I can't argue with it. But our guys bust there butts and play with all they have every game. We don't have those kids with the blazing speed like the Dyersburg's,Covington's, and Crockket Co's. So be grateful you have those kids. I seen a saying at the Dyersburg game I liked that said "Together We Attack". The players have bought into it. Now there fans on coacht need to adopt this one, "Be gracious in victory and humble in defeat"!

i love cocky people....especially george patton ...... now there is a man who never wore pink panties..... nor did he care if people thought he was cocky......

Edited by mg