REGION 7-3A PREVIEW

With Obion Central's win over Chester County,Region 7-3A now has a 21-4 record against non-region teams....Dyer County will host Halls this Friday and Dyersburg will host McNairy Co. next Friday to wind up non-region regular season action...Some HUGE games dot the schedule this week as 6 of the region teams tangle with playoff implications......Crockett Co will possibly move into the #2 position in 3A with Knox Fulton's loss at home to Knox Catholic......Here's a first look at region play for the week of 10-20-06.........Go out and enjoy the games!!!!

#3(8-0 4-0)CROCKETT CO. CAVALIERS @ #10(7-1 3-1)COVINGTON CHARGERS...

This is the BIG SHOWDOWN in region action this week....The Chargers are the last team to defeat the Cavaliers...The Chargers actually beat Crockett Co. TWICE last season...21-14 and 25-7..The latter ended the Cavs season in week 3 of the playoffs....Covington is awful tough at home,they have a fast, athletic defense and an offense that seems to score just enough to win games...I flirted with the idea of picking the Chargers in this one...Do they have the Cavs number??..They did last season...But,this is this year and the Cavs are trying to put the finishing touches on a special regular season...The Cavs have one too many top notch athletes for the Chargers in this one...This one will go down to the end,but I think the Cavs will pull a close one out and win this key region game...

(5-3 1-3)RIPLEY TIGERS @ (2-6 1-3)HAYWOOD COUNTY TOMCATS........

These two are in a dogfight with Obion Central for that fourth and final playoff spot...Ripley has been beaten 55-13 combined against Crockett Co and Covington...Ripley needs to beat a quality opponent this season..Haywood,despite their record is a quality opponent..They have a very stingy defense....I got a feeling sometime during the last two weeks the Tomcats will start packing it in and start getting ready for round-ball season....Seeing talent wasted like Haywood has is sad..They should be in the top 2 of this region..Whether it's coaching or lack of discipline from the players,it's sad....I think Ripley will go into Brownsville and pull out a tough,low scoring win..It will be a battle though...Ripley wins....

( )HALLS TIGERS @ (3-5 1-3)DYER COUNTY CHOCTAWS................

Dyer county winds up it's non-region portion of their schedule hosting the 1A Tigers....DC hasn't won since they were 3-0 and state ranked.....The Choctaws will keep their slim hopes of a .500 season alive with a blow-out victory against Halls.....

(5-3 1-3)OBION CENTRAL REBELS @ #6(7-1 4-1)DYERSBURG TROJANS.......

Dyersburg winds up it's region schedule this week safe in the knowledge they have their playoff ticket punched...The Trojans are loaded and have a 17-2 record over the last two years...More impressive to me is the 10-1 record they have in this region...Rashad Taylor,Tyler Caldwell and Co. will be tough to beat especially playing behind a veteran line that includes J.T.Beasley and Cody Tettleton...Linebacker Quen Elam will be someone OC will have to stay away from...As for OC,they are playing for their playoff lives...The Rebs completed their non-region slate unbeaten....OC has pushed more talented and more athletic teams to the brink,where a play or two here or there could have been the difference...OC has pretty much moved the ball on everyone they have played,except for Crockett Co...The Reb defense has toughened up also....OC's offense puts defenses on their heels and teams can't focus on one player....OC will get an injured player back for the D-Burg game,which will help...An animal trapped in a corner is always dangerous and the experts always say never turn your back on one...Look for the Rebs to come out focused and prepared...My "UPSET SPECIAL"..Rebs win

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My picks:

Dyer Co. over Halls

CC over Covington

Ripley over Haywood

Dyersburg over Obion

i agree except i believe that home field will pay off for covington,

covington uses different officials than crockett is used to dealing with and according to the trojan player's it matters when your association allows little thing and others pic on them, be ready for a low scoring great game.... crocketts pass attack isnt a secreat!!!!! they will be prepared unlike dyersburg <_<

Edited by trojanfan56

covington uses different officials than crockett is used to dealing with and according to the trojan player's it matters when your association allows little thing and others pic on them, be ready for a low scoring great game.... crocketts pass attack isnt a secreat!!!!! they will be prepared unlike dyersburg :thumb:

You are right about those officials....Nobody in the region sees those guys except when they go to Covington,which is an advantage to Covington..Like that or not Charger fans...Ask a Trojan player what he thought of those official's attitudes....

covington uses different officials than crockett is used to dealing with and according to the trojan player's it matters when your association allows little thing and others pic on them, be ready for a low scoring great game.... crocketts pass attack isnt a secreat!!!!! they will be prepared unlike dyersburg :)

The Indianapolis Colts pass attack is not a secret, but it isn't easy to stoip either! Not comparing Crockett to the Colts, but even if you know what is coming, Crockett's offense can be tough to stop. Add the new 4-receiver sets, no-huddle, out of the shotgun approach of last week, and you have an offense that is hard to handle. Spread your defense too far- now you have to worry about Perry up the middle. Bring eight in the box, now you have to worry about the passing game. I'm not saying Covington can't slow down the Cavalier offense, but they are going to have to play an excellent game to do so.

With Obion Central's win over Chester County,Region 7-3A now has a 21-4 record against non-region teams....Dyer County will host Halls this Friday and Dyersburg will host McNairy Co. next Friday to wind up non-region regular season action...Some HUGE games dot the schedule this week as 6 of the region teams tangle with playoff implications......Crockett Co will possibly move into the #2 position in 3A with Knox Fulton's loss at home to Knox Catholic......Here's a first look at region play for the week of 10-20-06.........Go out and enjoy the games!!!!

#3(8-0 4-0)CROCKETT CO. CAVALIERS @ #10(7-1 3-1)COVINGTON CHARGERS...

This is the BIG SHOWDOWN in region action this week....The Chargers are the last team to defeat the Cavaliers...The Chargers actually beat Crockett Co. TWICE last season...21-14 and 25-7..The latter ended the Cavs season in week 3 of the playoffs....Covington is awful tough at home,they have a fast, athletic defense and an offense that seems to score just enough to win games...I flirted with the idea of picking the Chargers in this one...Do they have the Cavs number??..They did last season...But,this is this year and the Cavs are trying to put the finishing touches on a special regular season...The Cavs have one too many top notch athletes for the Chargers in this one...This one will go down to the end,but I think the Cavs will pull a close one out and win this key region game...

(5-3 1-3)RIPLEY TIGERS @ (2-6 1-3)HAYWOOD COUNTY TOMCATS........

These two are in a dogfight with Obion Central for that fourth and final playoff spot...Ripley has been beaten 55-13 combined against Crockett Co and Covington...Ripley needs to beat a quality opponent this season..Haywood,despite their record is a quality opponent..They have a very stingy defense....I got a feeling sometime during the last two weeks the Tomcats will start packing it in and start getting ready for round-ball season....Seeing talent wasted like Haywood has is sad..They should be in the top 2 of this region..Whether it's coaching or lack of discipline from the players,it's sad....I think Ripley will go into Brownsville and pull out a tough,low scoring win..It will be a battle though...Ripley wins....

( )HALLS TIGERS @ (3-5 1-3)DYER COUNTY CHOCTAWS................

Dyer county winds up it's non-region portion of their schedule hosting the 1A Tigers....DC hasn't won since they were 3-0 and state ranked.....The Choctaws will keep their slim hopes of a .500 season alive with a blow-out victory against Halls.....

(5-3 1-3)OBION CENTRAL REBELS @ #6(7-1 4-1)DYERSBURG TROJANS.......

Dyersburg winds up it's region schedule this week safe in the knowledge they have their playoff ticket punched...The Trojans are loaded and have a 17-2 record over the last two years...More impressive to me is the 10-1 record they have in this region...Rashad Taylor,Tyler Caldwell and Co. will be tough to beat especially playing behind a veteran line that includes J.T.Beasley and Cody Tettleton...Linebacker Quen Elam will be someone OC will have to stay away from...As for OC,they are playing for their playoff lives...The Rebs completed their non-region slate unbeaten....OC has pushed more talented and more athletic teams to the brink,where a play or two here or there could have been the difference...OC has pretty much moved the ball on everyone they have played,except for Crockett Co...The Reb defense has toughened up also....OC's offense puts defenses on their heels and teams can't focus on one player....OC will get an injured player back for the D-Burg game,which will help...An animal trapped in a corner is always dangerous and the experts always say never turn your back on one...Look for the Rebs to come out focused and prepared...My "UPSET SPECIAL"..Rebs win

First of all, My pick in the CCHS and Covington game is and will stay, Covington...

There are just too many things good to say about a Covington team that if not for a costly penality could possibly have a victory of the Trojans. The refs were all over DHS for everything, all the way down to the cleets on their feet. Officiating will play a factor. CCHS lowest point total in my memory was against DHS, and if you take that TD with like 30 sexonds left it was only 21...Also CCHS scored that early in the game, so It wasn't as impressive as the points that they have posted against other teams. Covington defensively is a lot better the DHS, They also are very well coached and always prepered for whats coming. Passing the football is mainly based on speed, Covington is by far the fast overall on D, so I am not worried about that , they also have the size to stop the run, and no one has runned well on them all season. I know its close but I think Covington will take it late, Just cuz of home field advantage and the need to win this one....

on the DHS game,,I think that upset pick is just ridiculous. With a Crockett lose and a DHS win.. It puts them back in the thick again for the region 7 championship......Talking to my little brother that plays for DHS, the players know how important this game really is. It also goes a long way into how many home games they get in the playoffs, so if you expect that lay down cuz they have a playoff spot locked up, 4-get it....DHS rolls in this one, SORRY, U guys may score a few but Dyersburg getts back on track after two terrible weeks against the best defensive teams in the region and ,,,With Flowers from DC showing how good your defense really is , i think Tyler Caldwell has a big night.....DC offensive line isnt all that good so for Flowers running that way, against you , and you getting prolly the best O-line in the region this week...TROJANS ROLL!!!!

Not alot to say about the other game,,I was excited to see Haywood's Alex Watkins last week and that defense it seemed as if every hit was that one that made you say ,,OOOOoooooo,,,,,,,,If I had to see one team again from the lower half of the region it would not be Haywood, their alot better then the record states and , if they squeeze into that last playoff spot, I would be nervous to play them, but they still have Crockett on the way next week so if they make it it will be by great play......

DC over Halls,,,BIG,,,Flowers gives his last big preformane for the Choctaws,,

Haywood over Ripley,,,,,

With a nic like trojans_04 why would I believe you would think anything other than Dyersburg winning???.... :angry:

You are wrong about the Covington-Crockett Co game though.....Crockett County will win...Too many weapons....Covington has to simple of an offensive attack....Their defense is good,but a team like Crockett can pick on different aspects of their defense...Covington may take away some things,but won't be able to stop everything the Cavs throw at you....

I would like to throw something out at everybody...Since this is week 9,who do you folks believe would be the offensive and defensive MVP's of this region for the regular season????......

My pick for defensive MVP might surprise some,.or it may not...Alex Watkins is getting alot of press in this region because of his committing to Alabama....I have seen all the teams in this region this year(Ripley in a jamboree),my pick for defensive MVP in region 7-3A is LB Savion Hayslett of Obion Central...Watkins is a good player,no doubt,but Hayslett never takes a play off,his motor is always running and he is always either making the tackle or right in on it......

The player in the region that made the most impact on me as far as the offensive side of the ball was Andre Flowers from Dyer County......

Some Crockett County fans and I know most of the Dyersburg fans will believe they would have someone as MVP....Crockett has so many good players on their team that they really don't have a superstar that just jumps out at you...That is probably why they are so good.....The only other player that just stood out to me was the QB at Covington,Hoskins.....

I would like to throw something out at everybody...Since this is week 9,who do you folks believe would be the offensive and defensive MVP's of this region for the regular season????......

My pick for defensive MVP might surprise some,.or it may not...Alex Watkins is getting alot of press in this region because of his committing to Alabama....I have seen all the teams in this region this year(Ripley in a jamboree),my pick for defensive MVP in region 7-3A is LB Savion Hayslett of Obion Central...Watkins is a good player,no doubt,but Hayslett never takes a play off,his motor is always running and he is always either making the tackle or right in on it......

The player in the region that made the most impact on me as far as the offensive side of the ball was Andre Flowers from Dyer County......

Some Crockett County fans and I know most of the Dyersburg fans will believe they would have someone as MVP....Crockett has so many good players on their team that they really don't have a superstar that just jumps out at you...That is probably why they are so good.....The only other player that just stood out to me was the QB at Covington,Hoskins.....

you wasted space on that post,,,,crockett has mvp's dyersburg has mvp's and so does covington, obion will see this week what an mvp is on both sides of the ball, you must respect elam at linbacker he is the man in the middle, and look at running backs i would say perry, gude, and caldwell are all just as good as flowers they just dont have to cary thier team on their shoulders they have help unlike flowers, like i said u wasted space, i hope your at the game you will see what speed is. THE ONLY MVP OBION HAS IS LOGAN PARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, My pick in the CCHS and Covington game is and will stay, Covington...

There are just too many things good to say about a Covington team that if not for a costly penality could possibly have a victory of the Trojans. The refs were all over DHS for everything, all the way down to the cleets on their feet. Officiating will play a factor. CCHS lowest point total in my memory was against DHS, and if you take that TD with like 30 sexonds left it was only 21...Also CCHS scored that early in the game, so It wasn't as impressive as the points that they have posted against other teams. Covington defensively is a lot better the DHS, They also are very well coached and always prepered for whats coming. Passing the football is mainly based on speed, Covington is by far the fast overall on D, so I am not worried about that , they also have the size to stop the run, and no one has runned well on them all season. I know its close but I think Covington will take it late, Just cuz of home field advantage and the need to win this one....

if....but.... :lol: