Ooltewah @ Oak Ridge

denlron

i started by asking a question about a rumor people are hearing in kingsport, i dont talk on these boards like "i think we'll win because of ..... and list a lot of reasons". Then these ooltewah fans get all agitated because people are questioning one of there players. Thats why i was on this thread

Would be a good place to start a rumor since owls lost close one 2 years ago at your place and won last year. As Ima elaborated on that article was OR coach saying marshall was more explosive than Gaston Miller from Riverdale (case you don't know who he is he's about Marshalls size playing for Vandy, 58 yards on 7 carries as true freshman one game ) Marshall is special, Rigg's Miller kinda special but Owls can sling the ball around too.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet one of the most surprised people of all is Coach Monroe that they are undefeated at this point. Coach Monroe is an OLD SCHOOL COACH or an Ole Ball Coach. I asked him at the beginning of the season how the Owls were going to be this year. He will Never say "good" He reminds me of Lou Holts talking. He whines an crys always. That is just how he is. This isn't a bad thing. He is a perfectionist and his his own toughest critic. That is why he is so great in my opinion. They do seem to find a way to win this year. Not to make anyone mad but as much as WB has had bad luck this year Ooltewah has had good luck. But you see, I don't think it is all LUCK. Just good coaching with a bit of luck now and then. Only my opinion. Good teams and coaches find ways to win. Coach Monroe ALWAYS has.

I would say you are right about how surprised Monroe probably is about this year. Most anyone with a head on their shoulders would not have predicted what we have seen this young Owl team do so far.

I'm only saying that this is a young team; they are playing a traditional 5A power who is not as strong as normal and is fighting their playoff lives. Oak Ridge has much more to play for and they are at home. That is not to say Ooltewah does not have a lot to play for, but a little adversity may spell a little doom for a team as young as Ooltewah is. One thing they really do have going for them is a very cool-headed QB in Woods, who is maybe the biggest single surprise in 5A football this year.

This is just an upset ripe for the making. That's all I'm saying.

I would say you are right about how surprised Monroe probably is about this year. Most anyone with a head on their shoulders would not have predicted what we have seen this young Owl team do so far.

I'm only saying that this is a young team; they are playing a traditional 5A power who is not as strong as normal and is fighting their playoff lives. Oak Ridge has much more to play for and they are at home. That is not to say Ooltewah does not have a lot to play for, but a little adversity may spell a little doom for a team as young as Ooltewah is. One thing they really do have going for them is a very cool-headed QB in Woods, who is maybe the biggest single surprise in 5A football this year.

This is just an upset ripe for the making. That's all I'm saying.

Well OR turned ball over 6 times against SD don't think (may be wrong) Owls have turned it over more than once in a game. If you watch Owls as much as you claim Jeremy is no surprise the vast majority will say he should have started last year, Jeremy is much more comfortable in pocket, poised, and has a stronger arm than Zach. (Not to mention he is 6'2 and not 5-8). Owls are team to beat this year, but must prove they can stop the pass (DB) They can stop Riverdale rush, nobody will run against this front 7.

Bounder,

As tight as OR is about funding any money to the facilities (except The Chuck Dome) I suspect that Mullins sent the guys who take care of the field over to UT to steal some spigs of grass and bring them back to Blankenship to try and plant them. If we do it every year for the next 50 years we can get the field back in shape for free. We are on the 50 year Blankenship renovation plan. It's a joke the way the school board and admin at the HS let the facilities and equipment go down hill.

Ole Dad

Dad, How would you know, when is the last time you have even been in town? You can't even stripe a parking lot right.

P.S. You still owe me $..

Why don't you give me your address.

Edited by bladerunner

He is getting his panties in a wad just like I am. In every Ooltewah thread people speak of this "ineligible player". It has been going on for 2 weeks now and it is getting old. Some parent wrote a letter to the TSSAA about a player that went to Bradley last year and is now at Ooltewah. Nothing has happened or will happen. I think this will be a great game. Oak Ridge has the athletes to stop Ooltewah. Whoever has the least amount of turnovers wins!

www.oakridgesports.com check out what your coach said about our offense and running back!

I'm beginning to think there may be some truth to this rumor. If it wasn't true I believe it would go away. Usually where there is smoke, there's usually fire. How bad would that stink for Ooltoewah if it was true and they had to forfeit games.

I'm beginning to think there may be some truth to this rumor. If it wasn't true I believe it would go away. Usually where there is smoke, there's usually fire. How bad would that stink for Ooltoewah if it was true and they had to forfeit games.

Well, I'm not from either of these schools, and in fact did not attend hs in TN, but I know this, I wouldn't believe any rumor spreading around on here. It's like a gossip column. Best just to ignore these things and talk about football.

There is no truth to this rumor, I have found out for a fact. A Bradley parent sent a letter to TSSAA saying that Ooltewah fielded an ineligible player, since he had played at Bradley the year before; however, he moved to Ooltewah, he did not just change schools, his family moved. I do not know if the Bradley parent was trying to start something, or they really just did not know that the kid had moved. But, it is just ridiculous to make these accusations when Benny Monroe is sitting out 4-5 other ineligible kids for this season, if they wanted to play one of them, why not let the rest of them play? and why would you waste the season playing an ineligible 3rd string sophomore against Bradley and Heritage? Coach Monroe has an extensive meeting in preseason where all of these things are taken care of with the coaches and players, he has been doing this way to long to do something dumb like that...

Edited by mnewballer21