Independence @ Brentwood 10-20-06

donathan5507

The spitting may be eroneous - but the comment on the announcer is right on the mark. Obnoxious is not a strong enough term to classify what the fans have to listen to at an Indy game.

Have the gentlemen attend a Franklin game and he will understand how a High School sporting event needs to be commented over a PA system. Remebering what they speak of at the beginning about it being an event looking for good sportsmanship - then "performing" the way he does seem hypocritical.

Congrats to Indy's players for a good season.

i could not agree with you more, except for the comment you made on the DC/Rwood thread. The announcer at Indy is just obnoxious and annoying. He seriously needs to bring it down a few notches.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to all the coaches of the Independence staff:

Coach Smith, Coach Eubanks, Coach Gates, Coach Cieslak, Coach Ballard, Coach Taylor, Coach Hamilton, Coach Feltz, Coach Berry (freshmen), Coach Williams (freshmen), and Coach Lambardo (freshmen). They are all doing wonderful things to get that program off the ground. What a tremendous job to turn it from a 1-9 to a potential 7-3 in one year. I know a few of those coaches work hard all off season last year to get those guys bigger, stronger and faster. It has shown. That is a good solid staff that works hard and doesn't gripe about it. They just keep pressing on to getting better. I'm sure there are some head coaches throughout this state that had wish they had assistants like these guys. Good job and keep working hard coaches.

I was one of the fans lined up on the sidewalk.

HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED:

As the opposing players made their way to the sidewalk, Independence's fans lined both sides of the sidewalk and immediately began showering the players in a sea of spit. Some teams got smart--I even saw one player in galoshes, which were neccessary to brave the waters. By the time most teams reached the field, they were completely drenched in spit...that's how we beat Franklin...their uniforms were too water logged to run or do anything of that nature. I can safely speak for the Williamson County Water Marshal when I say that it's a very good thing that these boys had helmets, for they very well might have drowned.

Or nobody got spit on. Whatever you choose to believe.

Edited by donathan5507

I really feel for the Indy seniors. I know several of them. They still have had a great season. You should be proud of your accomplishments. Team gets an A

BUT.......when it came to coaching in this region....ol smitty met his match too many times.......I told you before that he gets no respect from the other coaches....they plan harder gainst him...they motivate more against him....and they have OUTWORKED him this year. This region is the toughest around. Coaching gets a C

Coach Smith, Coach Eubanks, Coach Gates, Coach Cieslak, Coach Ballard, Coach Taylor, Coach Hamilton, Coach Feltz, Coach Berry (freshmen), Coach Williams (freshmen), and Coach Lambardo (freshmen). They are all doing wonderful things to get that program off the ground. What a tremendous job to turn it from a 1-9 to a potential 7-3 in one year. I know a few of those coaches work hard all off season last year to get those guys bigger, stronger and faster. It has shown. That is a good solid staff that works hard and doesn't gripe about it. They just keep pressing on to getting better. I'm sure there are some head coaches throughout this state that had wish they had assistants like these guys. Good job and keep working hard coaches.

This would probably mean something if it came from anyone but one of the coaches.

However, even though the source of this post should not have posted this I do agree that they did a pretty good job.

This would probably mean something if it came from anyone but one of the coaches.

However, even though the source of this post should not have posted this I do agree that they did a pretty good job.

First off Cowboys,

I'm not a coach on the Independence football team.

I'm just a fan and friend to the staff. I have been out of coaching for a few years now. I support what they are doing at IHS and wish them all the best. I would love to see them end the season 7-3 and next year go far in the playoffs and even to the state championship. Again all the best to Coach Smith and his hard working staff.

Congratulations to Brentwood!

Big win in what appears to be more of a rebuilding year. The quality of coaching at Brentwood is first class. This team has gotten better as the year has gone on.

What Coach Crawford has done with this team this season has given me a whole new respect for him. He has done a remarkable job getting his team ready, especially in the "have-to-win" games.

First off Cowboys,

I'm not a coach on the Independence football team.

I'm just a fan and friend to the staff. I have been out of coaching for a few years now. I support what they are doing at IHS and wish them all the best. I would love to see them end the season 7-3 and next year go far in the playoffs and even to the state championship. Again all the best to Coach Smith and his hard working staff.

Sure you are. And I have some Ocean front property in Columbia for sale. It is o.k. to pat yourself on the back don't get so disgruntled

Gates would foul up a water bucket...he has no use being in the profession. I told him so twice to his face. Please tell me sacdawgs is not him....ughhhh.. We gave Gates a headset that was not plugged in...at the half he wondered why he couldn't hear.....bah da boom!!!

I have even more respect for the Indy players if he is still there.

I thought that Indy played extremely hard in this game and really probably deserved to win. To pick up 28 on 4th and 30 is pretty darn gut-wrenching. They had multiple opportunities to seize the moment and just couldn't. I said last week that I was not sure if Indy was "man enough" to beat Brentwood. I was DEAD WRONG. Those kids played their rear ends off. Much credit needs to go to these seniors and the coaching staff. They have built the foundation for a very good program. I guarantee you that Scott will probably never love another senior class as much as he does this one. If Indy wins state in 2007, each one of these seniors deserves a ring. Three areas of improvement that I see for the Eagles:

1. Develop some more speed on the outside. They need a speed merchant like Sheppard, Wisdom, or some freshman to come in and make more explosive plays. Against these top teams, its hard to drive 80 yards in 10 plays. Look, Brentwood got two big plays and not much else Friday....AND WON!!!

2. Get stronger in the O-Line. These guys are going to have to get a little stronger so they can protect and fire off better.

3. Zac is going to have to get the QB clock in his head. I know he is coached to get rid of the ball on thousand three, but on 2nd down on the last drive, when he left the pocket, he should have thrown the ball up in the press box and he should have thrown the ball at the back's feet when the screen was blown up on 3rd down. You live and learn, but 4th and 10 is easier to convert than 4th and 30.

Scott, Jason, and the rest of that staff are doing a tremendous job there and they will be a tough team to beat in 2007. Kepp your heads up Eagles!!!