IMAC Conference

Snowman16

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, Greenville does not have a lot of the same players back from last years team. Only one starter returns, now granted that one starter does happen to be one of the best players in the state, but give credit to the other four players around him. I look for Greenville to win the conference, but lets not talk state tourney yet. As we all know getting out of the region hasn't been the easiest task for teams from District-2 AAA. As for the other schools in the IMAC probably Morristown West is the only other squad that has a reasonable chance at knocking off the Greene Devils. From what I can remember they won't lose much, and I heard they got a transfer over the summer that shoots the ball well. Anyway here's how I see the IMAC, but I honestly dont think any team has the talent to escape the region.

1. Greenville

2. Morristown-West

3. Cherokee

4. Morristown-East

5. Jefferson County

6. Cocke Co.

I know they lost Guthrie who was a nice player offensively, but I think they return everyone else. I found out the transfer is from Jefferson County, and the only time I saw them play was in the region when they played Sullivan Central. He played well against them, and he can shoot the ball pretty good. I heard Duncan got another transfer that's a pretty big kid. What's the word on him?

I know they lost Guthrie who was a nice player offensively, but I think they return everyone else. I found out the transfer is from Jefferson County, and the only time I saw them play was in the region when they played Sullivan Central. He played well against them, and he can shoot the ball pretty good. I heard Duncan got another transfer that's a pretty big kid. What's the word on him?

From what little I heard, he is nearly Wiggins' caliber. Don't know where he came from or how old he is though.

Greeneville needs guards, you have to have someone to at least get Wiggins the ball. If that transfer is a guard, look out.

Duncan usually has a knack for manufacturing the players he requires to be competitive. He has a pretty good feeder program at GMS. Every year I think they are gonna be down, they just keep stepping up...or moving to town.

• 1 month later...

Greenville is gonna have it all wrapped up. They have to much talent for the others in the confrence to even compete. Greenville is one of the best teams in east tennessee. Look for them to head back to state this year.

Greenville will be disappointed this year. Last time I checked, it takes more than one player on a basketball team to win a ballgame. There are teams in Greenville's conference that are more than capable of slowing Wiggins down underneath. Sorry Greenville fans, you will be able to chear for one player's statistics but you won't be able to chear much for the Greenville team's success this year. I see Greenville going to the playoffs but they will be put out early. :thumb: