top players in middle tn, and across the state?

RARip

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure when the next showcase will be. I think they are done with that. We have to build up some funds to be able to travel in the top tourneys. Hopefully next year we will be able to travel. We are only in one tourney this year and that's at Collierville. They had some good teams in it last year. Smith county and a team from Arkansas...Marion I think was two of the most impressive teams not from the area. Whitestation, Bartlett, Kirby, Central and a team from MS was in it. It was a few others that I didn't get to see. As soon as I find out about the showcases I'll let you know but I doubt that any others are going to be coming up this close to the season.

I, for one appreciate your enthusiasm for your team. What i see from this post is the recognition of what has to be done to get your team started to draw fans and to draw fans. I hopet you do well, draw many fans, attend many tourneys and develop great players for your area.

I, for one appreciate your enthusiasm for your team. What i see from this post is the recognition of what has to be done to get your team started to draw fans and to draw fans. I hopet you do well, draw many fans, attend many tourneys and develop great players for your area.

Hey, thanks man. I'm getting roasted in this other board. LOL. It's turned into a coachgat flame-a-thon because of my enthusiasm. It's cool though. I'm actually being amused by it.

The BORO is full of good teams and players. Riverdale has Lanning but is not a one person team. There is a supporting cast. Oakland has Tara Davis and Cynthia MC, two great players for a long time. Siegel is loaded with Good Big experienced quality players in Seniors Parott, Spurlock and Sigenthaler and a great group of Juniors who can definitely play at another level in Wright and Faulkner, great guards, Waggoner a 6'2" very active post Outside the Boro Cookeville has a great group of players with size and skills in James, Green and Lebanon has the Twin Towers in the Elie sisters. Almost any night you can see a 7AAA game and see prospects all over the district. Except the Oakland team a couple years back, there is not going to be as many good quality players overall in the District as there will be the next two years.

Another level? Must be a parent! :thumb:

The BORO is full of good teams and players. Riverdale has Lanning but is not a one person team. There is a supporting cast. Oakland has Tara Davis and Cynthia MC, two great players for a long time. Siegel is loaded with Good Big experienced quality players in Seniors Parott, Spurlock and Sigenthaler and a great group of Juniors who can definitely play at another level in Wright and Faulkner, great guards, Waggoner a 6'2" very active post Outside the Boro Cookeville has a great group of players with size and skills in James, Green and Lebanon has the Twin Towers in the Elie sisters. Almost any night you can see a 7AAA game and see prospects all over the district. Except the Oakland team a couple years back, there is not going to be as many good quality players overall in the District as there will be the next two years.

As much as I 'd like to see it, Green does not play basketball. She would be a tremendous asset as would the Agee kid.

Another level? Must be a parent! :thumb:

Grandparent I believe

As much as I 'd like to see it, Green does not play basketball. She would be a tremendous asset as would the Agee kid.

Grandparent I believe

Sorry. You are right. Green should play and Helton is the other name. Irregardless Cookeville is loaded with good players that should be able to play sometime at another level and wish some one would post prospects for this year. As far as Siegel, if they elect to play, I will stand by my post. This is a talented group and as a team, only needs development of underclassman to round off a fine year.

Sorry. You are right. Green should play and Helton is the other name. Irregardless Cookeville is loaded with good players that should be able to play sometime at another level and wish some one would post prospects for this year. As far as Siegel, if they elect to play, I will stand by my post. This is a talented group and as a team, only needs development of underclassman to round off a fine year.

You tell him grandad! Cookeville is loaded and will have some players play at the next level. However, your comment referred to the Siegel guard playing at the next level. Where do you think she will play? :thumb:

You tell him grandad! Cookeville is loaded and will have some players play at the next level. However, your comment referred to the Siegel guard playing at the next level. Where do you think she will play? :D

Sorry for the misinterpretation. There is a likelyhood if they elect to that there are 5 players, seniors and juniors that will be able to. The main kink is if injuries have been taken care of by two of the seniors and the rest remain healthy. There is a long time before crossing that road but a short time also. Carrie Parrot certainly has had interest shown, good scorer, just short of 600 rebounds career. Sigenthaler and Spurlock have got their best years ahead but injuries still linger and Allison Wright has really great potential as well as Morgan Faulkner who have played together the last 3 years in MS as well as HS and have the potential to take over a game. The real Darkhorse Prospect is Claire Waggoner 6'2", much improved and much stronger for the second year in a row and a junior who attended Duke camp last year and made some impressions. She will get better and better and has great potential.

Players alone do not make a good team. It takes unselfishness and chemistry. All of these players have played in the summer. Unselfishness has been exhibited with all on this team but is more important this year and will be the main reason for success.

Carrie Parrot and Morgan Faulkner have just come off of Volleyball and are good leapers and bring that sport also to after HS considerations and Allison Wright has been a Cross Country Runner in her HS career. Allison played on a high level AAU team the past two years. All of these players are definitely athletes and will be watched over the next 1 to 2 years.

But what is astounding to me, as i said before, if you look at district 7AAA, there are Definitely a lot of very good prospects one who committed to MTSU this past summer, Anna Marie Lanning, who is a great prospect and has at least two other prospects on that team who are very good prospects. And then there is Nikki James of Cookeville who has at least Verbally committed to Carson Newman and will be a very good inside player there and then there is a player Helton that is a really good inside prospect on that team. And then there are the Twin Towers at Lebanon, the Elie Sisters, who have just started their development and don't really know how good they can be but certainly have the size. And there are two potentially great players at Oakland, one coming off an injury Tara Davis who is probably for her size is the best athlete and Mccleary who is a durable guard both seniors. I have missed some I know but this year and next year have been good years in athletes in a senior class not only in basketball but if you read Coach T are great years for athletes in a lot of sports and its likely recruiters will be looking at a number of these athletes. My prediction is that there will be more to give comittments in the next few months and that some are now sitting on letters of offers now. It's a great time for Title 9 in District 7AAA.

Edited by PHargis

For you Cookeville fans, you have some other very good prospects and one being a reserve post which very likely playing out of position but a very, very good shooter and played in AAU the past 3 years. A lot of these players that played on that AAU team are very, very good but i don't have the names of them and couldn't find the roster on the Cookeville Web Site which really is not good for your team. Those names should be accessable for whoever wants to refer to them and not just me, a poster on T.

I am not sure if anyone has mentioned her or not, but the point guard from Glencliff has to be considered one of the best players in the mid-state. While Glencliff will be terrible this year, this girl is a delight to watch. Unfortunately, playing for this team has left her a lot lazy defensively and will prevent her from getting a lot of the attention she deserves. Offensively, I would say she is just as good as Mendenhall. She has an amazing handle on the ball and can shoot from anywhere. Glencliff will average 35 points a game, and this girl will have 30 of them. I would love to know what her name is if anyone happens to know.

I am not sure if anyone has mentioned her or not, but the point guard from Glencliff has to be considered one of the best players in the mid-state. While Glencliff will be terrible this year, this girl is a delight to watch. Unfortunately, playing for this team has left her a lot lazy defensively and will prevent her from getting a lot of the attention she deserves. Offensively, I would say she is just as good as Mendenhall. She has an amazing handle on the ball and can shoot from anywhere. Glencliff will average 35 points a game, and this girl will have 30 of them. I would love to know what her name is if anyone happens to know.

What's her name?