Brentwood vs. Franklin

kickgrass

It's too bad that 11AAA has to sit 3 teams & send 2, but such is sports and the "one & done" of tournament time. That said here aremy "humble" 11AAA thoughts:

IHS- At times, flat out SCARY, too young and shallow to overcome the loss of a key defender, but will be a SOLID contender with another year of maturity.

CHS- On any given day, can beat the the best or leave us all scratching our heads. Aside from last year; the Dist. tourn. has not been kind to them. It will be a challenge to replace the class of '07. I'm a Porter fan, so I wish her well in her Soph. campaign.

BHS- Hard to lose 5 starters (2 before season & 3 at end). No doubt that they will reload WELL as they only lose 3 seniors (who, by the way, have given their heart & soul for 4 years!). If healthy, next year could begin a solid RUN as they have a solid talent pool for years to come. Dissapointed to be planning an early soccer banquet, but no shame in the way they overcame adversity time & time again.

RHS- WOW! Kudos to any team & their leadership that can pull the "upset of the year" off. They have been thought of as an afterthought in girls soccer in 11AAA (think again!). This is the type of win that can launch the whole program to new heights. I would love to see them make their first trip to STATE.

FHS A cunning win last night that showcased the tenacity & ferocity of #19. It appeared that even when she was off the field, that her team reflected her attitude (one that is often rebuked; but I'd like a "bottle to go" to pour in my teams punch). They have great young talent and I assume will only be stronger next season.

Go Rebels & Raptors! Represent well! Time for another 11AAA State Champ! That's hard to say for a Bruin fan. But with the Bruins out... so am I for another season!

Edited by papa-K

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No "dog in the fight", but you consistently pull against Franklin. It was true last year and it appears to be true again this year.

I do not know 1 Franklin parent nor do I know 1 Franklin player.....I do know parents and players on Brentwood, Centennial and Ravenwood.....thus I will pull for them against Franklin....or any other team where I do not know any of the participants....consequently I will be pulling for Ravenwood as well in the finalsl....but both teams move on anyway and I wish them both safe play! I did not see the Brentwood/ Franklin game...my biggest concern was for a clean game where no one was hurt....I hope that happened....I have not heard any details, just the score.

Thanks for your kind words for FRA...they have their challenges in front of them...

Edited by flashgordon

No "dog in the fight", but you consistently pull against Franklin. It was true last year and it appears to be true again this year. Since I truly do not have a dog in the fight, I wish the FRA Lady Rebels the best through the remainder of their season! They have quite a tradition of soccer excellence to build upon.

As for the Franklin Lady Rebels, congratulations on a great win! This is one alumni parent that is proud of achievements this year and knows you have the ability to make a run in the playoffs. We have 10 in the bag, now bring back #11. Again, congratulations!

It is regrettablle that two fine squads such as Brentwood and Centennial will not advance. They are likely better than some soccer teams that will advance to State. However, you have to win the big games that count to go on. I feel your pain as Franklin met a similar fate the last two years. Nonetheless, kudos to both Brentwood and Centennial for the strong seasons they had!

Possum, is that you? Just wanted to say "Hey". hope to see you soon.

I too would like to relay congratulations to Ravenwood and Franklin. Franklin wanted it more last night and they got it. Good luck in the state. Franklin had #19 that was not to be denied and Brentwood had no-one that would or could step up and be that for them.

I've known Charlie West for a long time, as he said to my dejected Brentwood daughter following last nights game "I've known you since you were waddling around in the backyard with a #3 ball, and I'm proud of you". That's awfully nice words from an opposing coach. Charlie's a class act all the way and I'm very happy for him and his girls for getting over that District 11 AAA hump. Good luck to Ravenwood and to both our 11 AAA teams. I know they will represent.

Flashgordon....BITE ME!! go franklin (FHS lady rebels for those of you who think we are FRA) and congrats to ravenwood on their outstanding win against centennial!!!!!

Wow...Soonerfan...what an erudite, brilliant, insightful and intuitive statement!!! I'm sure we'll all get a great deal from your missive. From your comment, I guess I am not allowed to pull for one team over another ;) .... my mistake....... I don't think anyone is confusing FHS and FRA! ;)

Wow...Soonerfan...what an erudite, brilliant, insightful and intuitive statement!!! I'm sure we'll all get a great deal from your missive. From your comment, I guess I am not allowed to pull for one team over another ;) .... my mistake....... I don't think anyone is confusing FHS and FRA! ;)

My allegiance is with another AAA school, but that was an interesting game between Franklin and Brentwood. I saw both games and Franklin made adjustments in defending this time around that proved to be difficult to solve for Brentwood. Brentwood actually had the ball more but didnt really get any good looks in on goal consistently during the game. They had one really good look off of a long shot rebound form the keeper but the side bar denied the rebounded shot and the keeper jumped on it.

Brentwood was missing some key players, but so was Franklin in all honesty. I heard some Brentwood people talking about not having their full team, but Franklin didnt have there full team either. Both teams had to use younger players and make due. Thats why its a TEAM game. Have to be able to adjust and over come. If both teams are healthy next year, they will be tough to beat im somewhat relunctant to admit, but tyring to be fair. Great win for Charlie West and the Ravenwood players. Another and I mean another disappoinment for a talented but unorganized Centennial team. Not being mean, just it is what it is.

It's too bad that 11AAA has to sit 3 teams & send 2, but such is sports and the "one & done" of tournament time. That said here aremy "humble" 11AAA thoughts:

IHS- At times, flat out SCARY, too young and shallow to overcome the loss of a key defender, but will be a SOLID contender with another year of maturity.

CHS- On any given day, can beat the the best or leave us all scratching our heads. Aside from last year; the Dist. tourn. has not been kind to them. It will be a challenge to replace the class of '07. I'm a Porter fan, so I wish her well in her Soph. campaign.

BHS- Hard to lose 5 starters (2 before season & 3 at end). No doubt that they will reload WELL as they only lose 3 seniors (who, by the way, have given their heart & soul for 4 years!). If healthy, next year could begin a solid RUN as they have a solid talent pool for years to come. Dissapointed to be planning an early soccer banquet, but no shame in the way they overcame adversity time & time again.

RHS- WOW! Kudos to any team & their leadership that can pull the "upset of the year" off. They have been thought of as an afterthought in girls soccer in 11AAA (think again!). This is the type of win that can launch the whole program to new heights. I would love to see them make their first trip to STATE.

FHS A cunning win last night that showcased the tenacity & ferocity of #19. It appeared that even when she was off the field, that her team reflected her attitude (one that is often rebuked; but I'd like a "bottle to go" to pour in my teams punch). They have great young talent and I assume will only be stronger next season.

Go Rebels & Raptors! Represent well! Time for another 11AAA State Champ! That's hard to say for a Bruin fan. But with the Bruins out... so am I for another season!

Papa K

Thank you for recognizing the three seniors for Brentwood. Four years ago when the three of them were freshmen they had a great group of seniors set the example (Stallo, Olinger and Murray). The stars of the Brentwood 2006 team were in the younger grades and for the past two years this years seniors brought a blue collar work ethic to the field to try and help develop the strongest team possible. While the team did not reach their goal I was proud of the team for playing with class through adversity while never making excuses. Everyone has injuries and Brentwood’s came at the end of the season. As they say that is why you play the games and you put the best team that you can on the field. Franklin played a great game last evening and should be congratulated. We have friends on Ravenwood and wish them the best on their road to state.

Brentwood 2007, next year you will have to get the job done for those who came before you who did not get the ring. As a parent of one this year’s senior captains it is my sincere hope that this year’s seniors continued the legacy and leadership example set for them in 2003. Best of luck to all of the teams advancing.

Flashgordon....BITE ME!! go franklin (FHS lady rebels for those of you who think we are FRA) and congrats to ravenwood on their outstanding win against centennial!!!!!

"Sooner" you are my new hero!!! If you haven't figured it out yet I'll fill you in on a little secret. Whatever Flash says is gospel. He's "in the know". If you don't believe me just ask him. Good luck to Franklin, Ravenwood and all the sectional qualifiers. Stay healthy and play up to your abilities.