New playing surface in Morristown?

cuz

I will not argue that the field of nursing has a strong need for people in the profession. I have many friends in that profession and they tell me about the shortage. I know that Carson-Newman is doing its absolute best to help remedy the problem. WSCC is doing its part as well.

Yes, educators know what the going rate is for the profession. The people who point out that teachers are underpaid are the unions in which are extremely vocal. HCEA is always in the news and their goal, just as every union in every business in America, is to get better pay/wages for the employees.

Please remember that most of the teachers that I know went into the business to make a difference. Money was way down the totem pole. Many of the most vocal are the ones who only went into it for their summers off. I can at least vouch for my family members who are in the profession. All of them want to make a difference. I felt that I had to defend teachers like my parents.

Now let's get back to the football. I never meant to get this far into this topic.

Did anyone notice the rumor that Greenway has been kicked off of the Green Devils football team. Boy, that would make a huge difference Friday night!

Go Canes!

If G-vegas has Greenway or not, it won't make any difference. East is going to win this game and claim 2nd slot for the playoffs. The real question that needs to be asked is: What arrangements will be made for West & East in 3 weeks when the 1st round games start?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was the countys field.. It's not East field huh? It suire is going to be designed for hurricane country, yes it is East field...

How much is East putting up for the field? Nothing, the tax payers of Hamblen County are paying for that field and East is going to use it. It is not, nor has it ever been East's field.

How much is East putting up for the field? Nothing, the tax payers of Hamblen County are paying for that field and East is going to use it. It is not, nor has it ever been East's field.

It is Morristown High School's field. Both schools just borrow it from time to time. I am so sick of this argument. It gets so very old. Put the turf in and have MORRISTOWN put at midfield and call it a day. THe field is at the site of Morristown High School. Morristown High failed to exist after 1969. All the blue hairs need to get a grip and the kids need to stop worrying about it. The argument is not going to get a new stadium at West. Be happy that we have a great stadium with hopefully a new field to make it the crown jewel stadium in East Tennessee. If there is a better one, I do not know of it. There are some nice stadiums, but there aren't any that have the full package that we would have!

If anyone need any convincing that Burke-Toney needs the turf then they should have been forced to watch the Morristown West-Cherokee game tonight. That field was the worst one I have ever seen. What a disgrace for Hamblen County. Thank God nobody got hurt!

Anyone whom is in education natuarlly thinks they are the most intelligent in any arguement........wrong. Go to wal mart, buy something for 2 dollars and then go to the register and complain about it being 2 dollars as priced and clearly marked. SAME PRINCIPAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do think teachers are underpaid but I also think they like to point it out waaaaaaaaaaay too much. If there is one proffesion that is underpaid, it is nursing. That is why there is a huge shortage.

Nurses get paid twice as much as teachers, plus most get a healthy signing bonus. The reason there is a shortage of nurses is because of the hard work that goes into obtaining your degree. People are not that motivated to put in the work for 4 years. If you notice, teachers haven't come on here and complained about being underpaid, the good ones do not go into the profession for the money, they do it for the kids.

But something needs to be done when a school system pays out that kinda of money for football fields and that money could be going to help the special education programs at the school, or some other area of academics.

Nurses get paid twice as much as teachers, plus most get a healthy signing bonus. The reason there is a shortage of nurses is because of the hard work that goes into obtaining your degree. People are not that motivated to put in the work for 4 years. If you notice, teachers haven't come on here and complained about being underpaid, the good ones do not go into the profession for the money, they do it for the kids.

But something needs to be done when a school system pays out that kinda of money for football fields and that money could be going to help the special education programs at the school, or some other area of academics.

Nurses get paid twice as much as teachers?

Healthy signing bonus?

No teachers on here complaining?

LOL

It is Morristown High School's field. Both schools just borrow it from time to time. I am so sick of this argument. It gets so very old. Put the turf in and have MORRISTOWN put at midfield and call it a day. THe field is at the site of Morristown High School. Morristown High failed to exist after 1969. All the blue hairs need to get a grip and the kids need to stop worrying about it. The argument is not going to get a new stadium at West. Be happy that we have a great stadium with hopefully a new field to make it the crown jewel stadium in East Tennessee. If there is a better one, I do not know of it. There are some nice stadiums, but there aren't any that have the full package that we would have!

You need to read the earlier comments. I was speaking about the baseball field not the football field. I agree that the football field needs a new surface and did not say anything different. Funny how some people come in on half the conversation convinced they have all the answers!

You need to read the earlier comments. I was speaking about the baseball field not the football field. I agree that the football field needs a new surface and did not say anything different. Funny how some people come in on half the conversation convinced they have all the answers!

My bad Leectn. So many different topics going on that I got a little confused. (Happens with old age) No reason to get snippy about it.

GO CANES!

If anyone need any convincing that Burke-Toney needs the turf then they should have been forced to watch the Morristown West-Cherokee game tonight. That field was the worst one I have ever seen. What a disgrace for Hamblen County. Thank God nobody got hurt!

This time of year apparently all the fields are terrible. West Fresh played at Cherokee on Thurs and I was very surprised at the shape of the Cherokee field. I thought we were the only lucky ones who played in mud at the end of the year, but the Cherokee field was just like home.

My bad Leectn. So many different topics going on that I got a little confused. (Happens with old age) No reason to get snippy about it.

GO CANES!

Just answering in kind.

This time of year apparently all the fields are terrible. West Fresh played at Cherokee on Thurs and I was very surprised at the shape of the Cherokee field. I thought we were the only lucky ones who played in mud at the end of the year, but the Cherokee field was just like home.

Just answering in kind.

You'll enjoy the field in Newport on Friday. Its in great shape, or at least some of the better shape in the conference - or so it was last Thursday.

Should be like a red carpet for you guys to lay a beating on the home team... :lol:

The field at VHS was just terrible Friday. Awful. Didnt help matters that almost the entire game was played on one side of the field.

Edited by PTSportsWriter