State Tournament Coverage

TheGreatLineJudge

I promise to never ever complain about the Refs here in middle TN again. Not after what I have seen @ the state tournament this year - where do these people come from? It is worse than awful - pathetic! And, they get paid for doing a poor job when they should be fired on the spot! Who is in charge of these people? The only good thing I guess is their awful calls or no calls goes both ways - both teams suffer. Surely the almighty football refs are more selectivly chosen.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

couldn't agree more, so sad a team gets beat out on this type tie-breaker, especially after the word was for a playoff.

Thanks again TSSAA let's hurry up and get to those football palyoffs and award those 8 state championships!!!

No team should ever be eliminated from the State Tournament (especially when tied for 1st in their pool) because of a "tie-breaker". There should have been a 1 game playoff to 25 between the 2 teams deemed to be tied for "second". Winner goes on, loser goes home. At least you can say you had your "competitive" chance to advance.

Edited by VballDaddy78

I promise to never ever complain about the Refs here in middle TN again. Not after what I have seen @ the state tournament this year - where do these people come from? It is worse than awful - pathetic! And, they get paid for doing a poor job when they should be fired on the spot! Who is in charge of these people? The only good thing I guess is their awful calls or no calls goes both ways - both teams suffer. Surely the almighty football refs are more selectivly chosen.

I absolutely agree. With four "official" refs working each game you would expect better performance. Wednesday at Blackman was the worst I have ever seen. Nothing was called. It was as if the "down" ref was there only to give the same signal as the "up" ref. The down ref's eyes were following the ball instead of looking for under the net or in the net calls. Lifts and doubles must not have been in the manual these guys were using.

If T$$AA want to save money the best way to go would be to eliminate three of the four officials.

Announcements