Where does Oak Ridge go from here?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Crap!

Someone else told me earlier today almost identical facts.

I will get blamed for bashing I'm sure. But I want to clear this up right now. I was wrong!!!!!!

In January I predicted the Cats to go 6-4. They will likely go 5-5. My mistake.

Ole Dad

The outside people writng on this board believe this is just a rebuilding year for Oak Ridge. This is not the case, next year will be and they will be lucky to win 4 games. You guys have to understand something, he was not chosen to be the head coach here by the community selection committe. He wasn't even in the top three but the lame duck principal vetoed their choice and gave us Stevens. He is in way over his head as the head coach of a big time program. He doesn't have the work ethic for it and his ego won't allow him to see his shortcomings.

Last year's team was Bruce Lussier's team. We all knew we would see how he could coach when Spencer Gulmire left and took the load off of him. We all see now. Stanton Steven's is a Ken Green (former Principal) and Tom Bailey(Superentendant) decision. It was a political decision made. He has created a devide between the players with his displine some but over look others policy. He lets players quit and rejoin the team. He is late to practice, doesn't use his personel to their strengths. Cusses like a sailor to the kids and lets them do the same. TNbreakers you are right.. The kids won't play for him. We are stuck with him unles they do the same thing they did with their other bad hire. Last year this poliitcal machine hired a principal that lasted 9 months. Bailey and Stevens need to go and so does the entire school board. I can talk for days on this.. Oak Ridge football is dead. Until he leaves. Oak Ridge tell your school board members that we won't stand for this. Not the losing but the man.

Come on guys! DB was down last year. We didn't want to fire coach Clark. Look at where DB stands this year - a huge difference. You will be back too - you always have before. Win your last game and call it a year (Yes one that you would rather forget). Best of luck next friday.

9-2 is NOT a down year. Quit saying you had a down year last year.

Please go to Farragut next week and at least support the kids. They deserve that.

I have no problem supporting the team, the players have worked their tails off since summer and I am proud of their effort. Never meant to put them down. We have issues and they are just boiling over because of the losses. As you well know.. we aren't used to losing. And frustrations are being taken out here.

And to ImaOWL Your statement shows you all aren't there yet because to Oak Ridge or Kingsport 9 and 2 is a losing season!!! Riverdale too I'd bet

Thank you bounder. He just wants to claim we had a great year and a really great team blah blah blah just because they beat us in the playoffs. Fact is, the beat our worst team in a decade last year, and while they should be happy about it, it wont be the same if they make it back this year.

As for Oak Ridge, I hate to hear this about you guys. You have the talent, so if all these things are true, I hope they get rid of Stevens and get someone in there who can coach. I love our friendly rivalry with you guys and I want to see it stay competitive. Not that we are going to run over you guys from now on, but if this guy stays I don't see you all having the same success with us you have had and us basically splitting our games, which is a shame.

Go Cats!!

TRIBE ALL DA WAY!!!

Thank you bounder. He just wants to claim we had a great year and a really great team blah blah blah just because they beat us in the playoffs. Fact is, the beat our worst team in a decade last year, and while they should be happy about it, it wont be the same if they make it back this year.

As for Oak Ridge, I hate to hear this about you guys. You have the talent, so if all these things are true, I hope they get rid of Stevens and get someone in there who can coach. I love our friendly rivalry with you guys and I want to see it stay competitive. Not that we are going to run over you guys from now on, but if this guy stays I don't see you all having the same success with us you have had and us basically splitting our games, which is a shame.

Go Cats!!

TRIBE ALL DA WAY!!!

The money is the only way to show the administration that a change must take place. I say vote out the school board who continues to give Bailey good marks. Stanton needs to understand that Oak Ridge will not put up with him not going to the playoffs. He told the press that this team was better than last years team. He will go down as the worst coach in Oak Ridge history. Last year was a specail team that he couldn't even mess up. Write it down today he will blame the kids for the season like he tells them in practice everyday. The right choice is for him to resign or for the parents and kids to go to Bailey and tell them what's really going on. It's only high school football but what life lessons are our kids learning from him? Quiiters are rewarded? My last post on this subject, now it's time to work on how to get things changed.

The outside people writng on this board believe this is just a rebuilding year for Oak Ridge. This is not the case, next year will be and they will be lucky to win 4 games. You guys have to understand something, he was not chosen to be the head coach here by the community selection committe. He wasn't even in the top three but the lame duck principal vetoed their choice and gave us Stevens. He is in way over his head as the head coach of a big time program. He doesn't have the work ethic for it and his ego won't allow him to see his shortcomings.

Last year's team was Bruce Lussier's team. We all knew we would see how he could coach when Spencer Gulmire left and took the load off of him. We all see now. Stanton Steven's is a Ken Green (former Principal) and Tom Bailey(Superentendant) decision. It was a political decision made. He has created a devide between the players with his displine some but over look others policy. He lets players quit and rejoin the team. He is late to practice, doesn't use his personel to their strengths. Cusses like a sailor to the kids and lets them do the same. TNbreakers you are right.. The kids won't play for him. We are stuck with him unles they do the same thing they did with their other bad hire. Last year this poliitcal machine hired a principal that lasted 9 months. Bailey and Stevens need to go and so does the entire school board. I can talk for days on this.. Oak Ridge football is dead. Until he leaves. Oak Ridge tell your school board members that we won't stand for this. Not the losing but the man.

It's obvious who the "real losers" in Oak Ridge are. Man what a bucnch of spoiled whiners. Edited by oskie

The money is the only way to show the administration that a change must take place. I say vote out the school board who continues to give Bailey good marks. Stanton needs to understand that Oak Ridge will not put up with him not going to the playoffs. He told the press that this team was better than last years team. He will go down as the worst coach in Oak Ridge history. Last year was a specail team that he couldn't even mess up. Write it down today he will blame the kids for the season like he tells them in practice everyday. The right choice is for him to resign or for the parents and kids to go to Bailey and tell them what's really going on. It's only high school football but what life lessons are our kids learning from him? Quiiters are rewarded? My last post on this subject, now it's time to work on how to get things changed.

I agree with Cats Meow...the root of the whole problem is Bailey and Green, they put Coach Stevens in this position, they may be spearheading the underground move to deemphazize football in Oak Ridge, there are people in these positions who would like to see football go down here...so vote against every school board member next election if you love Oak Ridge Football too...this was not just a down year, this team should have finished at least 8-2 with a playoff spot, doubt if they would have made Murfreesboro, but they would have had the opportunity to try. Whether Coach Stevens stays or goes, he will need better administrative support, and there can never be the fiasco of picking a committee to hire a coach and then be ignored as Bailey and Green did in 05.

Oak Ridge played awful last night. What kind of play calling was that to open the game with? Boys Club? There is no heart being showed on the field or the sidelines by the players. The only excitement I saw was when a fumble was recovered but other than that nothing. I know the kids want to win but before Stevens I heard the players desire to win by their actions on the field and on the sidelines. I don't see or hear jack anymore.

And what is up with, whoever it is, coming up from the sidelines with a loudspeaker yelling out "Who are we"? Isn't he one of the coaches now? I was shocked last year when I saw that and I just can't take it anymore. That is so embarassing. Oak Ridge is a proud program and I am proud to be a life-long fan and alumni but if that guy wants to be a cheerleader then give him some pom poms and put him out there with the girls and not the players.

Maybe there is a new cheer he can learn, "Hey ho, Coach Stevens has got to go".

I do not mind losing to teams when the Cats play solid football but what we have seen since Riverdale is sick football. They would spank us this year. Oak Ridge's program is non-competitive and that is unacceptable. When you lose to teams that you should beat, well, that says it all.