Region 1 vs Region 2 -- 5A

basketballisbest

It looks like it will be this way for the playoffs (with predicted records after the final week of the regular season):

Region One: Region Two:

1. Dobyns-Bennett (10-0) 4. William Blount (6-4)

Region Two: Region One:

2. Farragut (7-3) 3. Bearden (7-3)

2. Sevier County (8-2) 3. McMinn County (7-3)

1. Ooltewah (10-0) 4. Science Hill (6-4)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like it will be this way for the playoffs (with predicted records after the final week of the regular season):

1. Dobyns-Bennett (10-0) 4. William Blount (6-4)

2. Farragut (7-3) 3. Bearden (7-3)

2. Sevier County (8-2) 3. McMinn County (7-3)

1. Ooltewah (10-0) 4. Science Hill (6-4)

looks like 3rd year in a row we get to play DB 1-1 so far is tie breaker but this year is at the Nest not the Ted.

It looks like these two regions are going to be pretty competitive with one another. This should be really exciting! Almost anything could happen as they square off with one another.

Coming from the same person that said OR would upset OWls when they had 63 yard drive for td on first drive and I'm not sure they had a 1st down after that??? stat's will be interesting to see. But you are underestimating this Owl's team..

Coming from the same person that said OR would upset OWls when they had 63 yard drive for td on first drive and I'm not sure they had a 1st down after that??? stat's will be interesting to see. But you are underestimating this Owl's team..

Well, I very likely could be underestimating the Owls, but if you want to be objective, most of the Owl fans are overstating their strengths, probably to a much greater degree than I am underestimating them.

I still think they are a young team; I have had the opportunity to see them play, and they are not a dominating team. They have had some much better offensive teams in the past, and they have certainly had better defenses. The thing that is impressive about this team is that they are balanced--maybe not dominating on either side of the ball--but balanced and consistent. They don't make a lot of mistakes, and surprisingly, they are doing this with an awful lot of youth.

If anything, I probably overestimated Oak Ridge. They are apparently weaker than I had imagined.

if Bearden loses to Jeff Co. and Science Hill somehow beats DB doesnt bearden get 4th and Science Hill gets 3rd?

because i think that would give Bearden 3 region losses and SH would have 2. am i right?

Yes, that is possible, but you tell me... do you think that is going to happen? Science Hill will be trounced by Dobyns Bennett.

OR had 25 total yards 2nd half.

Yes, pretty dominating, but is that because Ooltewah is really that good, or is it more because Oak Ridge is far weaker than anyone could have imagined?

It looks like these two regions are going to be pretty competitive with one another. This should be really exciting! Almost anything could happen as they square off with one another.

BBB

Agree 100%. I believe this year, unlike the previous last couple of years, there is no one dominate team in either region that is guaranteed to just show up and blow everyone out until they meet a Riverdale. The parity this year is really evident in the scores between the region champs and the rest of the playoff field. Take WB for an example. The Govs will probably finish fourth but are actually only a couple of points and a few yellow flags away from winning Region 2. The Ads were only three points away themselves from taking Ooltewah down at the Nest. In the other Region you have DB who is No. 1 in the state but barely defeated both SCHS and Bearden. Too be honest, outside of the Owls/Toppers first round matchup I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of close games that go down to the wire and maybe even an upset or two. And the second round possibilities would only get better. Should be an exiciting three weeks.

BBB

Agree 100%. I believe this year, unlike the previous last couple of years, there is no one dominate team in either region that is guaranteed to just show up and blow everyone out until they meet a Riverdale. The parity this year is really evident in the scores between the region champs and the rest of the playoff field. Take WB for an example. The Govs will probably finish fourth but are actually only a couple of points and a few yellow flags away from winning Region 2. The Ads were only three points away themselves from taking Ooltewah down at the Nest. In the other Region you have DB who is No. 1 in the state but barely defeated both SCHS and Bearden. Too be honest, outside of the Owls/Toppers first round matchup I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of close games that go down to the wire and maybe even an upset or two. And the second round possibilities would only get better. Should be an exiciting three weeks.

Great post! Couldn't have said it better myself. This is gonig to be fun to watch!

Great post! Couldn't have said it better myself. This is gonig to be fun to watch!

Perhaps Soddy-Daisy will upset the Owls. Owl's are young after all and only reason they win is they play o.k. defense and have a so-so QB and RB. Thank goodness everyone they have played is down this year.

if Bearden loses to Jeff Co. and Science Hill somehow beats DB doesnt bearden get 4th and Science Hill gets 3rd?

because i think that would give Bearden 3 region losses and SH would have 2. am i right?

ya but then again d-b could drop their football program moving every1 up a spot....science hill has no shot against d-b lol

Ooltewah is by no means dominate. They only return 2 starters on offense and 2 starters on defense last year. 9 new guys on each side of the ball and we are 9-0. Thats pretty impressive. Oak Ridge is a good football team They have a great defense and an offense that has been mediocre without Connor. Oak Ridge lost 2 region games with seconds left on the clock. They could of easily been 7-1 coming into the game last night. I just think Ooltewah came out 2nd half fired up. They wanted it more. Monroe has done a great job this year with this young team. There is really no dominate team in 5a this year. Everyone is about even. 5 teams in region 2-5a are all about even and so are 3 from region 1-5a. Ooltewah has just done what they had to to be undefeated. Good luck to all teams in the playoffs and go OWLS!