Temple versus Grace

nathan4322

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is that Josh Smith will run over the entire team for Grace at one time. He is a load and nobody in single a can bring down a 300-350 pound fullback that has decent speed. He will also dominate Josh Blake all night at linebacker.

Sheeewwweeee!!!! Talk about eating your Wheaties!

Josh Smith is at best 240lbs. (Maybe to some of those guys he runs over, it seems like 300-350lbs?).

Finally, an honest Grace fan.... :lol:

There was one Grace fan who said they would win (Grace Golden Eagle) and now you say finally an honest Grace fan. What, you want everybody that is supposed to lose to get on coach t and talk about how they are going to lose. Is Grace supposed to lose, probably yes. Was Temple Probably supposed to lose to South Pitt, Yes. I am not saying Grace will upset Temple like they did South Pitt, but it is dumb to get on here and already give up the game before they play. I am glad Temple did not plan on losing to South Pitt before the game was played. I am glad most of them did not do something dumb and say they would kill south pitt before the game was played either. It was a lot better that they let there play do the talking and boy did they do that well. Grace fans know Temple is a good team and they know Grace will do there best to win the game and at the end of the game we will see. Everybody may be right about Temple killing Grace, but I am glad that Grace has not given up.

It wasn't directed at you. In the last week I have seen posts about Temple, Grace and Silverdale recruiting and many of the posts are from each others fans. I personally don't know if any of them recruit, I just think it is funny when one private school goes after another for "recruiting" :lol:

The QB for Grace is a pretty good athlete and there are a few more around him but if they are going to beat Temple they will have to wait until next year.

I was reading coacht here and noticed you mention Grace and the possible recruiting of players. I am very familure with the Grace program and all the players on the football team, and all except about three players were there before they started the program. This is the third year for the program and second year of the varsity schedule, as a matter of fact it has been a little frustrating because they thought by now some players who may not be able start or play at some of the bigger schools in town because of the numbers at those schools might start enrolling at Grace if they wanted to continue to play football but it hasn't happen. There is two new players this year both freshmen and one came to Grace to because of the notoriety of the basketball team and the other actually came from Silverdale just because he wasn't happy there. I have noticed that there is talk of recruiting at the other schools I don't know if thats the case but I can tell you that at Grace we have no recruits if we do we have done a bad job recruiting.

I was reading coacht here and noticed you mention Grace and the possible recruiting of players. I am very familure with the Grace program and all the players on the football team, and all except about three players were there before they started the program. This is the third year for the program and second year of the varsity schedule, as a matter of fact it has been a little frustrating because they thought by now some players who may not be able start or play at some of the bigger schools in town because of the numbers at those schools might start enrolling at Grace if they wanted to continue to play football but it hasn't happen. There is two new players this year both freshmen and one came to Grace to because of the notoriety of the basketball team and the other actually came from Silverdale just because he wasn't happy there. I have noticed that there is talk of recruiting at the other schools I don't know if thats the case but I can tell you that at Grace we have no recruits if we do we have done a bad job recruiting.

I would have to agree, if Grace is recruiting they are not real good at it :thumb: . Of course that QB you have is a pretty good athlete ;) . I personally don't know if anyone recruits but it seems some fans of one or more private schools mentioned in my post have been on here accusing each other of recruiting and I think that is funny. My kids went to Boyd for a couple of years so I have heard it from both ends.

BTW, Grace has not been the main one being fingered, Silverdale seems to be the main target

Edited by zonepirate

BTW, Grace has not been the main one being fingered, Silverdale seems to be the main target

I would have to agree, if Grace is recruiting they are not real good at it ;) . Of course that QB you have is a pretty good athlete :thumb: . I personally don't know if anyone recruits but it seems some fans of one or more private schools mentioned in my post have been on here accusing each other of recruiting and I think that is funny. My kids went to Boyd for a couple of years so I have heard it from both ends.

Doesn't the whole recruiting thing really have more to do with youngsters who cannot comprehend how a small school can have a successful program in a relatively short time? It is easier say "they recruit" than it is to just give a school their props. I guess when you have a successful program at a small school like SP as long as you have, the whole recruit accusation seems ridiculous, even to the youngsters.

I never hear anyone accuse Temple of recruiting basketball players...

Couldn't help but chuckle over the not being good at recruiting comment. You would think that if a coach was going to recruit, he would make it worth getting in trouble over.