Pearl-Cohn at Station Camp

Big Country

I said in the preseason that this would be the best region in all of 3A and right now the top five teams in the region have done nothing but prove me right as they have beaten up on one another all year long. These have really been the best two teams throughout the season and they get to settle it on the field this week. Pearl-Cohn is the same as usual. They are very athletic on the defensive side of the football and can make you pay for your mistakes. They are extremely large up front (especially Curry & Smith) with some quick backs in Deaveon Gregory and Magic Johnson. They have a big physical fullback in Trokon Paye. Their best overall player is DeAunte Mason. He is the definition of a dual threat quarterback and when he throws it he has some big targets to get the football to in Rashard Mason, Brian Gupton, Jeremy Gordon, & Wayne Cox (all of whom are 6'4 and above) :justwrestle:

Station Camp is a very good football team as well. They have the state's top back in Randall Toney. I'll never doubt that young man again. Bailey is a great alternative in the Bisons offensive backfield. Both of those guys are more than capable of hurting the Firebirds defensively. Station Camp can throw the football as well. PC better cover Button or he'll be their demise. The Bisons will give up size to PC up front but they are physical and must play that way to off-set the Firebirds mass. Finally it's going to be Senior Night in Station Camp and a region championship will be at stake.

Region Comparisons:

Station Camp: 18 Pearl-Cohn: 42

Macon Co.: 16 Macon Co.: 2

Station Camp: 28 Pearl-Cohn: 28

Sycamore: 24 Sycamore: 21

Station Camp: 42 Pearl-Cohn: 35

Greenbrier: 6 Greenbrier: 0

Station Camp: 48 Pearl-Cohn: 47

DeKalb Co.: 7 DeKalb Co.: 6

Now it's obvious that the biggest difference that's going to be viewed is Station Camp beating White House 34-0 while Pearl-Cohn blew a 14-Point fourth quarter lead in losing to White House 35-28 in OT.

Pearl-Cohn rolled an at the time unbeaten team in Macon Co. by 40-Points while Station Camp held on to escape their game with Macon Co. by 2-Points.

Those scores against Sycamore, Greenbrier, & DeKalb Co. are so similar it's pretty ridiculous actually. Both teams had to rally to beat Sycamore in those wins. Both teams got to beat up on an injured Greenbrier bunch. Both teams rolled right past an improved, but still young, DeKalb Co. team.

THAT'S ABOUT THE BEST PREVIEW THAT I CAN GIVE FOR A GAME THAT IS SIMPLY GOING TO BE HUGE!!!!!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game starts at 7:30.

Pearl Cohn (6-3,4-1) is coming off a bye week so they will be rested and ready.

Station Camp (9-0,5-0) is coming off a huge win against White House 34-0.

This is the big one, the game for seeds #1 and #2. Who is going to win?

My Prediction: If my Bison can come out and dominate like they did last night, it should be no contest. They just need to be ready on defence to protect against the passing game of PC.

GO BISON!

nice preview. But should be noted PC played at Home against Macon, and Station Camp played at Macon. ANd yours is better than mine, just created a few mins after yours, darn.

It might end up being an offensive battle, but I think defense will end up deciding this one. PC is coming off a bye week so they already had 1 week to prepare. SC is coming of a great defensive night against White House.

My Prediction - Well being a Bison myself, and the fact it's going to be at the East Bank of Station Camp Creek, not to mention a huge game that is Senior Night. The Bison will pull away w/ this one. I am not going to give a score as it could vary. Could be low-scoring, high-scoring, or a blowout. It all depends on which team shows up that night.

GO BISON!

Lock it up, SC. Your team is better than PC by far. I read that their coach and team made a pact that they won't let another team score on them again this season. I just don't think they can keep that pact with SC's game on both sides of the ball.

Good luck SC.

Yep! You're right! After what I saw last night. SC takes this one- :D

Game starts at 7:30.

Pearl Cohn (6-3,4-1) is coming off a bye week so they will be rested and ready.

Station Camp (9-0,5-0) is coming off a huge win against White House 34-0.

This is the big one, the game for seeds #1 and #2. Who is going to win?

My Prediction: If my Bison can come out and dominate like they did last night, it should be no contest. They just need to be ready on defence to protect against the passing game of PC.

GO BISON!

That's right baby I'll be there, and we will be SPECIAL! GO BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!