waverly vs. loretto

Papatiger some friendly advice. Coach graves is doing a decent job but if you guys want to get to Camden's level(I know you don't want to hear it but it's true)a few things need to be changed.#1. You need at least 5 coaches who coach only football,that way you can have a serious off-season weight program.#2 If your head coach has to coach basketball either he is underpaid or not committed.#3. Finish the fieldhouse, I mean come on Camden can build a huge fieldhouse with the public's money,Waverly has to have private donations because the school system won't give them enough money. Also heard the Jr. high coach was approached by a local businessman wanting to build them a workout facility and the principal at the Jr. High said NO!

Lionfan1, I agree to some degree with you. I have talked with Coach Graves and there is going to be some additions to the football staff probably next year. That's good. You can be a great coach but you can't do it all by yourself. Also, he coaches basketball as an assistant because the head coach is his brother in law and he asked him to. I agree that the fieldhouse should have been completed, and I am disappointed it isn't. Don't know about the junior high rumor but the principal is an ex-high school coach at Waverly Central. I have been harping for two years that the community businesses don't get behind the high school enough around here. So see, I don't disagree with you, I do think though we are headed in the right direction.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Papatiger some friendly advice. Coach graves is doing a decent job but if you guys want to get to Camden's level(I know you don't want to hear it but it's true)a few things need to be changed.#1. You need at least 5 coaches who coach only football,that way you can have a serious off-season weight program.#2 If your head coach has to coach basketball either he is underpaid or not committed.#3. Finish the fieldhouse, I mean come on Camden can build a huge fieldhouse with the public's money,Waverly has to have private donations because the school system won't give them enough money. Also heard the Jr. high coach was approached by a local businessman wanting to build them a workout facility and the principal at the Jr. High said NO!

You're an idiot. Who are you? You do not have to do it the Camden way to have things right. If our way was the right way, then freaking everybody would run our offense, play our defense, workout the same way. However, that system works for us, but let me tell you something chief. What would a Goodpasture fan say to you? Let me guestimate, "Well son, you need to hire 10 coaches just for football and do things like this and like that." You see, to people of Goodpasture and every program their way is the right way for that particular school system. Jo Byrns coach, coaches everything from Middle School all the way to high school. According to your philosophy, Jo Byrns should be terrible because their head coach does more than just coach high school football. To tell a school that our way is the only way to do things is stupid. We are not the proverbial state champions. We do not have the tradition that David Lipscomb has, but according to you every school should follow the Camden way. You are moronic. Waverly keep doing what you are doing because your system is working for you.

Edited by Camdenlionpride

You're an idiot. Who are you? You do not have to do it the Camden way to have things right. If our way was the right way, then freaking everybody would run our offense, play our defense, workout the same way. However, that system works for us, but let me tell you something chief. What would a Goodpasture fan say to you? Let me guestimate, "Well son, you need to hire 10 coaches just for football and do things like this and like that." You see, to people of Goodpasture and every program their way is the right way for that particular school system. Jo Byrns coach, coaches everything from Middle School all the way to high school. According to your philosophy, Jo Byrns should be terrible because their head coach does more than just coach high school football. To tell a school that our way is the only way to do things is stupid. We are not the proverbial state champions. We do not have the tradition that David Lipscomb has, but according to you every school should follow the Camden way. You are moronic. Waverly keep doing what you are doing because your system is working for you.

Thanks, you make a very valid point. And, the fieldhouse will be finished, soon.

Thank you. One size doesn't fit all does it? We do have strides to make, but we are getting there.

I have interest in both programs and to me the big difference between the two programs is off season weight training and community support. The athletes are pretty similar but Camdenhas all 5 coaches working in the weightroom 2 weeks after the season till opening week. Papatiger maybe you can get some things moving because I know you support Waverly football.

this is MTA7s dad and i have something to say to lionfan1. maybe you have a point, maybe we should drop a few english classes and math class and hire more coaches and finish the field house. after all the football program is the only reason we have school anyway , at least in the eyes of people like yourself.we are on our way to a great football program here and coach graves will be the one to make it happen even if he is coaching some basketball. and by the way lionfan1 do any football players play basketball across the river.i am sure the do so during the off season they are busy on the court. us folks over here in humphreys county do well with what we have and the people over here support the programs fairly well.the school system only has so much money to spend each year and we cant spend it all on football, the education of our children is alot more important to us but it must not be in your eyes...................................

Well you are missing my point MTA7 and now I see why.(you are from McEWEN) Nobody said you had to sacrifice any type of academics to have a successful football program. That's another reason Waverly doesn't get supported because people from McEwen cry when Waverly gets something and you don't. One more thing yeah we have a number of guys that play basketball and baseball but they lift weights everyday(6th period)whether its another season or not. I know for a fact at Waverly if you play another sport you are done weightlifting when the football season is over.

Loretto has a mature football program over there.

:thumb: Really? Loretto needs new coaches. Trust me I know, Ive had to deal with them from the Micro-Midgets up. Too many daddies calling the shots. ;) That town is loaded with talent year in and year out. They should be competitive every year. They have too many hard working, dedicated, and talented players standing in line behind coaches sons and coaches buddies sons and so on. I hate to rant, but its rediculous. Many of those kids work thier butts off and never step on the field except for warmups.

Edited by GreenMan

:thumb: Really? Loretto needs new coaches. Trust me I know, Ive had to deal with them from the Micro-Midgets up. Too many daddies calling the shots. ;) That town is loaded with talent year in and year out. They should be competitive every year. They have too many hard working, dedicated, and talented players standing in line behind coaches sons and coaches buddies sons and so on. I hate to rant, but its rediculous. Many of those kids work thier butts off and never step on the field except for warmups.

I said nothing about the coaching skill. I was just saying the players were mature enough to not take cheap shots on us just because we hurt their QB last year. I know i said football program, but i meant players, i apologize :)

I said nothing about the coaching skill. I was just saying the players were mature enough to not take cheap shots on us just because we hurt their QB last year. I know i said football program, but i meant players, i apologize :thumb:

I know.....I just took that chance to rant. Loretto amazes me. They have some of the best atheletes in the state and cant win a single game. Thats not players, thats coaching. Do you agree?