Top Underclassmen (Soph and Fresh)

Guest AJSheridan4

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caleb Sexton is a potential for state this year. He has superior ball handling skills, he can run a 4.7 forty, good direction changes and other importanty skills. The only thing holding him down is he is hopelessly addicted to camels.

Jeffery Glaser of MBA is easily one of the best soph. in the state. Most definitly the best in the mid state. He is about 5-11 and is fast and has great touch and is huge for a soph. Also Adam Montgomery of Morristown West is right up there with Glaser. But I would have to give Montgomery the edge, I went to soccer camp when he was there he is the real deal.

For all the posters information Adam Montgomery is a junior, unless he got held back or something. However, fatty4life is very correct in saying that he is the real deal and very good. He will be the anchor of Morristown West's team this year. I've played with him on the same club team for about two years now and if anyone wants to dispute how good he is feel free to comment. Good luck in your seasons yall

no offense to any of thses guys who have been mentioned, but you can't call any fresh... maybe a soph, the best until they are seniors, at that point in their "careers" they are way too inexperienced. example: myself: i primed out my sophomore year. i was better than the majority of all of the soph. and frosh in my district. my jr year i was terrible, there were, i am sure, frosh that were better than i was, and i then balanced back out my senior year- so calling anyone the best is an extremely difficult call to make. just thought that i would add that.

I would look toward Clarksville for some under classmen to step up. Clarksville graduated some seniors last year, and will need their younger guys to step up. Look at them in the past, they always have strong young kids. Keep an eye on Austin Roepke, Shelton Slack, and Jeremy Hooper. Clarksville is known to get their boys to step up. Look at their keeper and their sweeper, last year. Both Juniors, and both strong. Now I know you were talking about Sophomores and below, but Clarksville nows how to make kids step up.

[Edited by Mikey4Goalie on 2-19-03 6:47P]

who are you jhova- i don't know you. i played for shelbyville last year, and was able to watch cervantes as a freshamn, and even to be inexperienced on a high school level he did extremely well as my replacement last year. i think he fills the wing position very well and should stay there- he has a very promising future. i have watched gordon over the years and if he is as good on the high school level as what he was at middle school and in the youth leagues he will soon be a vital element to the SCHS roster.

justin

Shane Fox down at Anderson County is a pretty good golie. He is going to play for the high school this year and he should have a lot of saves but he will have a lot of goals scored on him because AC doesnt have great talent in the backfield.

• 2 weeks later...