Top wrestlers in region 7.

knockout818

What was the kid name from Overton you wrestled at 140. Since you said everyone wrestled up a weight class, I am assuming that 135 is you target weight class for region.

no im the only one who stayed at my own weight class...the kids name i believe started with a "k" i think it was something like...Kittle or something.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you weren't at the east lit, tsb, hfa, mcgavock quad today, you should've been.

it was a great start for region 7 wrestling!

there were a couple of shockers, mostly coming from hume-fogg.

for one, hfa actually showed up with almost a full team (not covering only 3 classes, and we have two kids out with injury)

two, tieing mcgavock (last years region champs) and having to go to the 8th criterion for tie-breaking, which lead to a mcgavock win (mcg 6 1st scores/hfa 4 1st scores)

and three(this is the big one), actually WINNING the match against tsb/dca, who appeared to have a promising team with a few new wrestlers.

overall, at hume-fogg we're ecstatic over the great deal that our team has improved, from ending the season with 3 wrestlers and getting second to last in regions only to pearl-cohn(who had one wrestler)

if you weren't at the east lit, tsb, hfa, mcgavock quad today, you should've been.

for one, hfa actually showed up with almost a full team (not covering only 3 classes, and we have two kids out with injury)

two, tieing mcgavock (last years region champs) and having to go to the 8th criterion for tie-breaking, which lead to a mcgavock win (mcg 6 1st scores/hfa 4 1st scores)

and three(this is the big one), actually WINNING the match against tsb/dca, who appeared to have a promising team with a few new wrestlers.

overall, at hume-fogg we're ecstatic over the great deal that our team has improved, from ending the season with 3 wrestlers and getting second to last in regions only to pearl-cohn(who had one wrestler)

You failed to mention what the score was from the East Lit match. Oh yea, 58 -21 East Lit. No Criterion Needed!

Knockout, How did the match today go?Who were the winners? How many returning wrestlers that went to state last year are back? Didn't HL send 4 or 5 to state?

We had 5 to go to state last year...and yesterday Tony Corley lost to ravenwoods 125 great match lasted till the end but the ravenwood guy got reversal at the very end.and they was both really tired...but he got forfeit to lebanon and pin against pope.but i wrestle up to 152 against ravenwod with richie ward and it was also a very good match but he eneded up beating me 9-7 very good match i cant wait to see him again!!!but i pinned pop and tech fall against lebanon we lost to ravenwood and pop but beat lebanon 66 to 12 yesterday was a very good day for wrestling.

Edited by knockout818

East Lit defeated TSB 62-15?, East Lit defeated Hume Fogg 58-21, East Lit defeat McGavock 42-36. East Lit only had 2 seniors and 1 junior in the lineup.

Hume Fogg was a surprise, I didn't thint they would be close to McGavock.

McGavock is rebuilding. They have three very good wrestlers and about 4 or 5 that will get better throughout the season.

The biggest upset of the night was McGavock's Beyer Yahya pinning East Lit's Shawn Garrett at 140. Garrett looked good in the 1st period. 2nd period was all Yahya, he took advantage of mistakes and poor conditioning. East Lit coach said Garrett had only practiced 3 day prior to the match, but I have to give credit to Yahya for doing what he had to do to win.

We had 5 to go to state last year...and yesterday Tony Corley lost to ravenwoods 125 great match lasted till the end but the ravenwood guy got reversal at the very end.and they was both really tired...but he got forfeit to lebanon and pin against pope.but i wrestle up to 152 against ravenwod with richie ward and it was also a very good match but he eneded up beating me 9-7 very good match i cant wait to see him again!!!but i pinned pop and tech fall against lebanon we lost to ravenwood and pop but beat lebanon 66 to 12 yesterday was a very good day for wrestling.

Who won between ravenwoods 112 and hunters lane 112?

That quad meet seemed to be very good for the region. E. Lit seems to be very strong this year. This week, E. Lit faces Glencliff and Antioch. Glencliff and Antioch coming off a #3 and #4 finish, respectively, at the Harpeth Inv. This should also be a good meet. HFA looked impressive at Harpeth, some good wrestlers.

You failed to mention what the score was from the East Lit match. Oh yea, 58 -21 East Lit. No Criterion Needed!

so? east lit won region duals last year. and have an amazing team this year.

at hfa we're glad to have wrestlers who actually place in tournaments and to win a match.

you'd have a bit of a different perspective coming from a school where people don't even know we have a wrestling team and in the yearbook they said we were a non-school sponsered sport.

we're happy to be mediocre.

Way to go HFA are the three that wresltled last year stll there or did they graduate ? I also heard you have a new coach who is he ?

all three are still there, we didn't have a single senior on the team last year.

they are:

stoycho velkovsky(jr)= 135

dodger clemons(sr)= 145

hervie clemons(jr)= currently HW

our new coach is nathan mcdaniel, he's a non-metro coach from up north. he wrestled in pennsylvania, where they eat, sleep, and drink wrestling. he wrestled in college at duquesne i believe.

we placed 8th at the Harpeth Tournament and had 4 wrestlers place(3rd,3rd,3rd, & 4th). overall, hfa wrestling has improved immensely since last year, when we either got last or second to last at every tournament we wrestled in, won only one match (against cpa who had 5 wrestlers, i believe), and never had a wrestler reach the finals in a tournament, except at regionals...but region 7 isn't the biggest region in the world.