OBION @ RIPLEY

RipleyTiger54

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Steven's dad, good to meet you and your son. Great game last night....someone had to win. I wish we could do it again Friday night, but unfortunately it's over until next year. Steven had a great game. My wife taped the game and we saw Will introduce himself to Steven last night. :( Ask Steven if he remembers Will's greeting. Will and I wish him luck wherever he goes.

Best wishes,

Will's Dad

He said he remembers getting scooped a couple times pretty hard...Defense is not his forte anyway...I do remember OC running virtually every play behind him the last two scoring drives when we scrapped the option and speed plays and ran QB sneaks and dives right up the middle....He said ask the 6'2" 340 #73 if he wanted any syrup with all the pancakes he was served... :(

Again..It was great to meet you....I'll see you in a couple of years when our younger sons play high school ball....

how did oc freshmen do this year, i know they played the trojans tough, oc freshman are coached well

We did better than our record showed. Coach Paul Decker did a good job getting us use to the Obion Veer offense. We played hard everwhere we went one of the hard losses being there. We seemed to come up just a little short each game. In our final game we got the onside and made it to the 2 yard line for a heartbreaker.

We averaged 30 points or more every game ,but our defense was our achilles tendon.

Thomas Ethridge who played the fullback spot ran over every team we faced no matter what. One drive he was bleeding out of his eye nose and mouth and kept going in the next few years you'll hear his name alot along with Patrick Haskins and Lucas Fullbright (Jacob's younger Brother).

We did better than our record showed. Coach Paul Decker did a good job getting us use to the Obion Veer offense. We played hard everwhere we went one of the hard losses being there. We seemed to come up just a little short each game. In our final game we got the onside and made it to the 2 yard line for a heartbreaker.

We averaged 30 points or more every game ,but our defense was our achilles tendon.

Thomas Ethridge who played the fullback spot ran over every team we faced no matter what. One drive he was bleeding out of his eye nose and mouth and kept going in the next few years you'll hear his name alot along with Patrick Haskins and Lucas Fullbright (Jacob's younger Brother).

one of the only weekness i saw when i watched the fresh play was pass coverage and dyersburg won by throwing. i do agree that oc will be a force to come. one thing about the dive though it gets tougher after the fresshman because your linebackers learn how to run down hill and read it better. that matters alot and freshman spend all year learning how to read on the run

one of the only weekness i saw when i watched the fresh play was pass coverage and dyersburg won by throwing. i do agree that oc will be a force to come. one thing about the dive though it gets tougher after the fresshman because your linebackers learn how to run down hill and read it better. that matters alot and freshman spend all year learning how to read on the run

Your statments carry Merit , in that game our pass coverage broke down complelty in the dyersburg game. At that point I don't think our defense really understood the philosphy and the d-backs where lost.

I look forward to playing Dyersburg next year in JV both teams battled right up to the end. I feel like we out played a bigger faster team ,just couldn't stop the big play passes.

He said he remembers getting scooped a couple times pretty hard...Defense is not his forte anyway...I do remember OC running virtually every play behind him the last two scoring drives when we scrapped the option and speed plays and ran QB sneaks and dives right up the middle....He said ask the 6'2" 340 #73 if he wanted any syrup with all the pancakes he was served... ;)

Again..It was great to meet you....I'll see you in a couple of years when our younger sons play high school ball....

Hey Steven"s dad, I seen Marques Jackson get whipped good last night, he"s 6 ft. 4 in., 373 lbs. benchs 400, squats 535, has offers from GEORGIA TECH, AUBURN, ALABAMA, ARK. STATE and alot of division 2 schools. He's a straight A student and one of Will"s best friends. He will be greatly missed next year. If Will had been well he would have been in that position instead of the second stringer they put in Marques's place. Marques, like Will, didn't practice last week because of injuries, but no excuses great game..... Best wishs to you and your sons,

Will"s dad.

Edited by RipleyTiger54

While this Rebel team will not play next week in the playoffs, they did go out tonight, as they have played their entire careers, as WINNERS. This team has taken another step in the long, difficult drive that OC is on to build a quality program. This team posted only the 9th winning season in rebel football history, and I think will be mentioned in years to come as one of the groups that helped OC gain respect as a program. The weather last night was nasty, with rain and wind all night, and did effect the game, but the Rebel defense had alot to do with the less than 100 yards of total offense Ripley put on the board. OC now will prepare for next year, with several good players returning, and will again face the always tough Region 7AAA. And I think OC will be in the mix again. As for this group of seniors, I say THANK YOU. Thanks for four years of dedication, hard work, and a lot of fun. You have represented yourselves and your school with so much CLASS, and have had good careers in a Rebel uniform. Grady, Grooms, Craddock, Hayslett, White, Clouse, Weaks, Bailey, Crackle, Battles, Fox, B., Fox, O., Fullbright, Young, and Brown all put their all into this team and will be better men for their time in the Rebel program. It will be different next year with those names not being on the roster, they have been a great bunch to watch. Good luck to you guys in whatever you do. God bless you, and again THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Dearest Friend VOREBS, You speak much truth in this post, as I sit here thinking of what to say I must admit I have a lump in my throat it only seems like yesterday we were suiting up for pee-wee football the senior boys on this team have brought much enjoyment to the fans of this community I will truly carry the memory of these guys with me all the days the GOOD LORD leaves me on this earth, they will always have a special place in my heart I have terrific memory of the contribution each and everyone of them made the last 4 years, but like any other Dad I am most proud of old #4, this is away for me to let everyone know how much watching my son get to participate in something that I never did means so much to me. Matt you have played a brutal game with a little mans body and big mans heart you have played when you were hurt and never once avoided contact, I truly hope that you take lessons you learned playing this great sport and apply them to situations you encounter later on in life. I will get off of here now and bid farewell to coacht as my reason for reading or posting on here hung up his cleats for good friday night

cradd4, you know me and my families feelings toward you and yours. We go WAY back....as for Matt, he like my own, and watching him play has been so much fun. He is a great young man, who I fully expect to, as he put it in the foot ball program...."live the good life". But as I said earlier, its hard to believe that this bunch is about to move on. God bless you.

CRADD4....JOHNNY,DUDE!!!!YOU CANNOT LEAVE ME ALONE TO FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!!!.... :D I'm gonna need help the next four years!!!!!!!!...PLEASE...SAY IT AINT SO!!!!!!...COME BACK!!!!!!!!ME,YOU,VOREBS,REBFAN65...WE ARE WARRIORS....WE CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE EVEN ONE SOLDIER!!!!! ;)

I'm with you backinthaoc! ;)

CRADD4....JOHNNY,DUDE!!!!YOU CANNOT LEAVE ME ALONE TO FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!!!.... :huh: I'm gonna need help the next four years!!!!!!!!...PLEASE...SAY IT AINT SO!!!!!!...COME BACK!!!!!!!!ME,YOU,VOREBS,REBFAN65...WE ARE WARRIORS....WE CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE EVEN ONE SOLDIER!!!!! :o

I have heard the battle cry of a fellow Rebel Soldier I will not leave not leave my bretheren to fight the EVIL EMPIRE alone and you know who I am talking about!

I have got your back brother

I have heard the battle cry of a fellow Rebel Soldier I will not leave not leave my bretheren to fight the EVIL EMPIRE alone and you know who I am talking about!

I have got your back brother

I thought you would still be around, and glad you are. As backintha said, we have to stick together here, to battle the "Dark Side", and the force is strong in you cradd4.