OBION @ RIPLEY

RipleyTiger54

Hey Steven"s dad we lost to Haywood last week in double overtime,should have won. We had the ball first and 12 for a td with two and half minutes to go in the forth,one delay of game and a questionable block in the back call and we didn"t get it done. D1 prospect Will didn't play because of an injury from the Covinton game, he should be back for this win. By the way what position does your son play? I would like to meet you and your son and shake hands. Is he a senior or will he play next year? WILL"S DAD

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Steven"s dad we lost to Haywood last week in double overtime,should have won. We had the ball first and 12 for a td with two and half minutes to go in the forth,one delay of game and a questionable block in the back call and we didn"t get it done. D1 prospect Will didn't play because of an injury from the Covinton game, he should be back for this win. By the way what position does your son play? I would like to meet you and your son and shake hands. Is he a senior or will he play next year? WILL"S DAD

if, if, if ,if, if,

Hey Will's dad.....We lost to Haywood in regulation by missing two extra points and not cashing in numerous opportunities a very undisciplined Tomcat club gave us.....NFL bound Steven is a senior..He will probably pass up college and try to petition the Supreme Court to deem the age limit for entrance into the show unconstitutional...Either that or just take the offer Jim Tressel at Ohio State has offered him(JUST KIDDING!!!!!)Steven is a three year starter....He is the center....Don't count your chickens on the win thing...You know we both have the same record and have won and lost to the same teams in the region...Could be a really good game...I'll be wherever the Rebels walk off the field after the game...Be glad to meet you and your son also...STEVEN'S DAD....

Just wondering how old a Tiger are you??...I played at Union City from 80-83..We played Ripley my junior year....1982

Hey Will's dad.....We lost to Haywood in regulation by missing two extra points and not cashing in numerous opportunities a very undisciplined Tomcat club gave us.....NFL bound Steven is a senior..He will probably pass up college and try to petition the Supreme Court to deem the age limit for entrance into the show unconstitutional...Either that or just take the offer Jim Tressel at Ohio State has offered him(JUST KIDDING!!!!!)Steven is a three year starter....He is the center....Don't count your chickens on the win thing...You know we both have the same record and have won and lost to the same teams in the region...Could be a really good game...I'll be wherever the Rebels walk off the field after the game...Be glad to meet you and your son also...STEVEN'S DAD....

Just wondering how old a Tiger are you??...I played at Union City from 80-83..We played Ripley my junior year....1982

I"m just like you a proud dad, loyal supporter of Ripley football and everything else my two sons participate in. I've enjoyed reading all of your post this year. You guys over in Obion really keep this board going.As for this ball game we all want to win for the same reasons pride and a winning season. I finished school in 1974. I"ll be on the top row of the fifty yard line. My number is 731 413 7848, give me a ring so I can find you at the game, or any time you want to talk football.

If Hillary Clinton makes it to the White House I may be able to help your son with his case, Will knows some people in Arkansas.

WILL'S DAD

ripley wins by stoping the option. ripley's d-fence is as good as dyersburg's. dyersburg dominated the rebs on both sides of the ball and so will ripley.

ripley28

obion 7

Ripley's defense is not as good as Dyersburg's. As a matter of fact, it's very similar to the Rebels. It has looked spectacular agaisnt overmatched opponents (i.e. Manassas, Hillcrest, and Treadwell for Ripley and Gibson Co., Union City, and Chester Co. for the Rebels). And it has looked awful agaisnt more talented opposition ( there are several teams I could plug in here but I'll use Crockett as they gave both teams there worst defeat by 28 and 35 respectively). Both teams should of beat Haywood but wound up beating themselves. And just because Ripley played Dyersburg close does not make them that far superior to Obion Central. You can't judge one game from another. Ripley will be bigger and have more speed than the Rebels which is nothing new as they have faced that most of the year. Ripley may win big but I don't see it happening. If I'm wrong, you can be sure I'll man-up and admit I was wrong.

Ripley's defense is not as good as Dyersburg's. As a matter of fact, it's very similar to the Rebels. It has looked spectacular agaisnt overmatched opponents (i.e. Manassas, Hillcrest, and Treadwell for Ripley and Gibson Co., Union City, and Chester Co. for the Rebels). And it has looked awful agaisnt more talented opposition ( there are several teams I could plug in here but I'll use Crockett as they gave both teams there worst defeat by 28 and 35 respectively). Both teams should of beat Haywood but wound up beating themselves. And just because Ripley played Dyersburg close does not make them that far superior to Obion Central. You can't judge one game from another. Ripley will be bigger and have more speed than the Rebels which is nothing new as they have faced that most of the year. Ripley may win big but I don't see it happening. If I'm wrong, you can be sure I'll man-up and admit I was wrong.

I do not know how big the win will be, but our defense held Andre Flowers to 51 yards in Newbern. How many did he have against Obion? WILL"S DAD

Edited by RipleyTiger54

I do not know how big the win will be, but our defense held Andre Flowers to 51 yards in Newbern. How many did he have against Obion? WILL"S DAD

I'm not gonna run from that. He had 326 yards and four touchdowns. Terrible defensive effort on our part. However our offense put up 44 points in that game and got the win, the most important statistic. :thumb: MATT'S UNCLE.

I'm not gonna run from that. He had 326 yards and four touchdowns. Terrible defensive effort on our part. However our offense put up 44 points in that game and got the win, the most important statistic. :rolleyes: MATT'S UNCLE.

should have ,could have, would have.. Didn't win region games, that's where it counts to get to playoffs not buying games out of memphis. or playing even weaker teams that yourselves outside of the region. winning record looks good, but playoffs are better!

Well, so now there is a slight hope the for the Rebs to make the play-offs. Now for that to happen, the right dogs have to jump thru the right hoops, but hey, it is a shot. The first thing for OC is to take care of what they can control, and win at Ripley. This in itself will not be an easy task, but it is one that can be done. Then it will be time to scoreboard watch, as Crockett must beat Haywood Co., this should happen, and also Dyer Co will have to UPSET Covington, this could happen. If all that happens, OC would go as the four seed. Thanks to the Hitman for pointing this out. I do not think anyone had looked this far into the "what-ifs" to find this. So OC has a chance, and that is more than some have, so here is looking for the Rebs to come out and take care of what they can, and then everyone listen to Mix 101.3 for the scoreboard show, to see how it plays out.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by VOREBS