OBION @ RIPLEY

RipleyTiger54

Well, so now there is a slight hope the for the Rebs to make the play-offs. Now for that to happen, the right dogs have to jump thru the right hoops, but hey, it is a shot. The first thing for OC is to take care of what they can control, and win at Ripley. This in itself will not be an easy task, but it is one that can be done. Then it will be time to scoreboard watch, as Crockett must beat Haywood Co., this should happen, and also Dyer Co will have to UPSET Covington, this could happen. If all that happens, OC would go as the four seed. Thanks to the Hitman for pointing this out. I do not think anyone had looked this far into the "what-ifs" to find this. So OC has a chance, and that is more than some have, so here is looking for the Rebs to come out and take care of what they can, and then everyone listen to Mix 101.3 for the scoreboard show, to see how it plays out.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have a point but, there are two many long shots in that picture and covington will roll big, BETTER START SHOOTING THAT BASKETBALL OC!!!!!!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have a point but, there are two many long shots in that picture and covington will roll big, BETTER START SHOOTING THAT BASKETBALL OC!!!!!!!

NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND-- :huh: Anything is possible is this day and time - The Cardinals are proving that by still playing baseball instead of being at the house.

And if VOREBS says the Rebels still have a shot at the final playoff spot- with a win

and some help- than anything is possible :lol:

So strap it on and buckle up tight and let's pack out TINY KNEE Stadium this Friday night B) Let's hear ya HOLLA Rebel FANS !!! :huh:

Congrats go out to the Obion County Central Rebels...The Rebels beat Ripley tonite at Ripley 15-13 on a Garrett Grady field goal with seven seconds remaining in the game....The weather was horrid...It was played in a steady rain and swirling wind...The field had water standing on it and very muddy....I really believe it was the key to the game...The weather and field conditions kept the Tiger athletes at bay...The only big play they had was returning the second half kickoff back for a touchdown..But what it did was allow the Rebel senior offensive line to control the tempo of the game...With mudders Grady and Mark Grooms running the ball,almost entirely,in the second half the Rebels were able to negate any speed advantage Ripley had....In the fourth quarter the Rebels scrapped their speed option plays and ran qb sneaks and dives on the last two scoring drives..With the bad weather,the wet ball and sometimes the ball sitting in puddles of water the Rebels had NO,NONE,NADA mishandled center-qb exchanges..The Tigers had numerous problems in that area...The Rebels end the season at 6-4 and out of the playoffs...This is a testament to the strength of region 7-3A...Only two teams out of seven had a losing record..I guarantee you that OC and Ripley are better than a whole lot of 3 and 4 seeds around the state in 3A that did make the playoffs..But,you got to beat the right teams and the Rebs didn't,so,there you go..

Will's dad..It was a pleasure to meet you after the game tonite...Will is a hoss and played a great game,even though injured and not at 100%..Good Luck to you guys next year and also good luck on his pursuit of a scholarship after next season...He will make some college a really good player....

ripley wins by stoping the option. ripley's d-fence is as good as dyersburg's. dyersburg dominated the rebs on both sides of the ball and so will ripley.

ripley28

obion 7

Well trojanfan56, OC didn't get dominated on both sides of the ball. The Rebel defense was outstanding. Ripley scored on a short 16 yard drive after an interception and returned the opening kickoff of the second half but other than that they got very little. The Rebel defense got three turnovers with interceptions by Matt Craddock and Bryan Fox and a fumble recovery by Zack Clouse. The Rebels had a "refuse to lose" attitude. Garrett Grady strapped the team on his back and carried the Rebs to a huge victory. Though the season didn't turn out like we wanted, I wouldn't take a million dollars for tonight. Congratulations to all the seniors, especially my nephew Matt Craddock #4. Thanks for all the memories my friend!

While this Rebel team will not play next week in the playoffs, they did go out tonight, as they have played their entire careers, as WINNERS. This team has taken another step in the long, difficult drive that OC is on to build a quality program. This team posted only the 9th winning season in rebel football history, and I think will be mentioned in years to come as one of the groups that helped OC gain respect as a program. The weather last night was nasty, with rain and wind all night, and did effect the game, but the Rebel defense had alot to do with the less than 100 yards of total offense Ripley put on the board. OC now will prepare for next year, with several good players returning, and will again face the always tough Region 7AAA. And I think OC will be in the mix again. As for this group of seniors, I say THANK YOU. Thanks for four years of dedication, hard work, and a lot of fun. You have represented yourselves and your school with so much CLASS, and have had good careers in a Rebel uniform. Grady, Grooms, Craddock, Hayslett, White, Clouse, Weaks, Bailey, Crackle, Battles, Fox, B., Fox, O., Fullbright, Young, and Brown all put their all into this team and will be better men for their time in the Rebel program. It will be different next year with those names not being on the roster, they have been a great bunch to watch. Good luck to you guys in whatever you do. God bless you, and again THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by VOREBS

VOREBS....What were the final stats for last night??...I didn't realize OC held Ripley to less than 100 total yards...

If I remember correctly, Ripley had 59 yards on the ground, and 30 something passing, total of about 95. OC had 190 yards rushing, and 20 passing, 210 total.

Hey, as we were packing up I saw Grady do a "water slid" on the sideline, followed by several other players. It was good to see the guys having some fun. It won't be long till the younger "Weaks" and his classmates start their career, that to should be fun.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I remember correctly, Ripley had 59 yards on the ground, and 30 something passing, total of about 95. OC had 190 yards rushing, and 20 passing, 210 total.

Hey, as we were packing up I saw Grady do a "water slid" on the sideline, followed by several other players. It was good to see the guys having some fun. It won't be long till the younger "Weaks" and his classmates start their career, that to should be fun.

You called the junior high championship game...There were some football players on the field in that game for both teams....Hillcrest and Black Oak had some good players too..If they can get all those guys to play football next year in high school,they will rival this years senior class in talent..I have no doubt about that..Ridgemont had about 15 or 16 kids play all the way through from the second grade together..I imagine the good majority of them will continue to play...Yea,did you see the Crack Attack do the dive??..Now THAT was funny.... :thumb:

Wow! Under a 100 yards of offense for Ripley. That was definitely the best defensive effort of the year for the Rebels. Not too bad for a team that was going to get dominated on both sides of the ball. :P

Will's dad..It was a pleasure to meet you after the game tonite...Will is a hoss and played a great game,even though injured and not at 100%..Good Luck to you guys next year and also good luck on his pursuit of a scholarship after next season...He will make some college a really good player....

Hey, Steven's dad, good to meet you and your son. Great game last night....someone had to win. I wish we could do it again Friday night, but unfortunately it's over until next year. Steven had a great game. My wife taped the game and we saw Will introduce himself to Steven last night. :thumb: Ask Steven if he remembers Will's greeting. Will and I wish him luck wherever he goes.

Best wishes,

Will's Dad