Scott County

blackwidow33

Yeah, that's a good point...if he's given the time. I think he can really turn that program around.

Do you know how long it's been since the girls had a .500 season?

The kids have to have a reason to want to play basketball at Scott High. When a program is so used to losing, it's hard to find people who want to play. I feel like the kids don't really know HOW to win right now.

I think Scott does have some talent, but they're going to have to get some things together in order to compete well with the teams on their schudule.

I'm sure it's been a while since they had a .500 season, and I'm not sure how to break the losing mentality, but I do think that this district offers teams that Scott can compete with. Often it's the case that kids want to play, but do not want to do all that it takes having a winning team (discipline, perserverance, and drive). I do look to see them win a few more games than last year.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's a good point...if he's given the time. I think he can really turn that program around.

Do you know how long it's been since the girls had a .500 season?

The kids have to have a reason to want to play basketball at Scott High. When a program is so used to losing, it's hard to find people who want to play. I feel like the kids don't really know HOW to win right now.

I think Scott does have some talent, but they're going to have to get some things together in order to compete well with the teams on their schudule.

They're able to hang with two of the toughest teams in the district, at least during the first half of the game.

I look for them to win more games, too. I think this year they will win between 9 and 12 games, but closer to nine. Still, I look forward to the time when Scott is a district and region contender every year.

I agree with what you say about the kids not wanting to put enough into it, and that's a sad thing. A little work never hurt anybody.

Scott should be able to beat Gibbs. Kingston just played them last Friday. Although Kingston lost, there was more to the story than the final score. Evidently the coach thought some of the starters werent listening to what he wanted them to do. His solution was to start all Freshman, which he did. They were down by 18 with just under 3 minutes left in the half when he put his starters back in. The starters played the remainder of the game and actually got back to within 3 points but losing in the end by 5. If they had played to win, they would have. The coach was sending a message to his girls that they will either listen and do what he says or they can sit on the bench. Hopefully the message he sent is taken seriously and this team begins to play up to their capability.

Good luck to Coach Marcum and the Lady Highlanders.

Edited by JACKETDAD