Van Buren Vs. The Valley

vanbureneagle

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wondering what everyone in the valley thought of our boys chances this year against some of our regular opponents in the valley?

Sequatchie - can we finally get over the hump?

Bledsoe - always a great atmosphere; can we make it 4 in a row?

Marion - can we continue our good fortunes or is this the year they extract revenge?

We lost 3 off last year's bunch (2 starters), but over the last couple of years we have shown the ability to improve despite the talent that has left. I'm not sure if it was the talent that was replacing the losses or the coaching or both, but i'm interested in seeing if the trend continues.

Thoughts?

Anytime you loose talent like VB has lost over the last couple of years it hurts, but it is part of the High School experience. It also makes room for others to shine and show how much they have improved. I think the players we have are getting stronger and you can see the work some of them have put forth is starting to pay off. As for the coach it is my opinion that he has always been a good coach he is no longer a freshman himself. 20 plus wins in the last two seasons is a great accomplishment for both players and the coaching staff. I believe it is a combination of coaching, talent, and fan support. I think we will do fine against the valley and against a tough District.

Anytime you loose talent like VB has lost over the last couple of years it hurts, but it is part of the High School experience. It also makes room for others to shine and show how much they have improved. I think the players we have are getting stronger and you can see the work some of them have put forth is starting to pay off. As for the coach it is my opinion that he has always been a good coach he is no longer a freshman himself. 20 plus wins in the last two seasons is a great accomplishment for both players and the coaching staff. I believe it is a combination of coaching, talent, and fan support. I think we will do fine against the valley and against a tough District.

I hope you all do good this year and win your district...Good Luck this year...

I hope you all do good this year and win your district...Good Luck this year...

Thanks Bledsoebtheboys'. I hope you guys win the rest of your games with the exception of the two against VB of course. If you see Thomas before I do wish him the best from the boys from the Mountain. By the way how did you get that Kentucky picture on your screen do you have to be a most valuable player?

Thanks Bledsoebtheboys'. I hope you guys win the rest of your games with the exception of the two against VB of course. If you see Thomas before I do wish him the best from the boys from the Mountain. By the way how did you get that Kentucky picture on your screen do you have to be a most valuable player?

Go to My Controls and click on edit signature and if you want to put a photo on there, then you need to click on insert image in the toolbar and paste the link there.....

Thanks it was good game by both teams....Like you said it could've went either way....What did you think of DeGenaro's dunk?

It was sweet. He really hammered it down, and he stayed out of foul trouble. I am glad he had a good game, he has a great turn about him. I am glad we have a few days to rest. We are fixing to be traveling many miles in our District play.

Good luck in your next game.

I'll go out on a limb and say our boys pull it out late in the 4th even though we're undermanned. :D

Why has no one mentioned how physical the refs allowed the game to be? I thought that VB took way too many outside shots to win the game. But, in their defense, every time they passed the ball inside they got hammered and the ref standing under the goal watching for a walking violation. It is always different when playing in the valley. Should be a different game when they play at VB.

Why has no one mentioned how physical the refs allowed the game to be? I thought that VB took way too many outside shots to win the game. But, in their defense, every time they passed the ball inside they got hammered and the ref standing under the goal watching for a walking violation. It is always different when playing in the valley. Should be a different game when they play at VB.

Sorry, but you must not've been around this rivalry too much...Bledsoe/Van Buren games are always physical and usually are alot of players that foul out...and when you say the ref's let them play Bledsoe had 11 team fouls to Van Buren's 3 in the first half....