No Mercy!

regit

The funniest part of this whole situation is that the RBS people aren't the ones doing the crying. (well maybe 1-2) Most of them that are crying are either from private schools (no love lost there) or somewhere far away. The people from this locality (region 4) aren't complaining. They've seen RBS play, they know what the deal is. Anyway I hope we win by more than 100 this yr. :thumb:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The funniest part of this whole situation is that the RBS people aren't the ones doing the crying. (well maybe 1-2) Most of them that are crying are either from private schools (no love lost there) or somewhere far away. The people from this locality (region 4) aren't complaining. They've seen RBS play, they know what the deal is. Anyway I hope we win by more than 100 this yr. :thumb:

GO YELLOW JACKETS :o Whats the ODDS?

The funniest part of this whole situation is that the RBS people aren't the ones doing the crying. (well maybe 1-2) Most of them that are crying are either from private schools (no love lost there) or somewhere far away. The people from this locality (region 4) aren't complaining. They've seen RBS play, they know what the deal is. Anyway I hope we win by more than 100 this yr. :o

You noticed that too, huh? :thumb:

"My job is to score, Your job is to stop me"-Steve Spurrier

The ol ball coach said it best. I think its time we stop cuddling these ADULTS! These guys arent "kids" the ones on the field are 17-18 years old (assuming most starters are juniors and Seniors). This is a game. A game to play hard and have fun. Your job is to stop a team from scoring on you. Its pretty simple. If you cant do it you lose. I dont think a team should have to "go easy" so they dont hurt your pride or your feelings. When your in your 20s 30s or 40s and you're at a job and you arent good enough do you think they your boss will go easy on you? Not a chance. High school football is a great way to break a young adult into the real world. Ask anyone whos played they've learned so much in football thats helped them in the real world. Im tired of hearing everyone whine and cry about the score. You take a chance of being hurt or paralyzed when you step on that field. If you dont want to take that chance dont step on the field. You take a chance of getting beat 100-0...If that hurts your teenage ego then dont step on the field. The best thing you can do is what Gatlinburg-Pittman did. They took a 91-6 slaughtering by Alcoa (starters pulled, non stop clock running and shortened quarters) and they turned it into a positive and are now 9-0!

If you wanna cuddle your babies and make sure the harsh realities of the real world never hurt their feelings or their egos then have them take up a sport like table tennis or waterpolo!

The people on here who are downing TC are just ignorant.

TC doesn't have many players because it's a small school, and Satterfield works their butt off.

This weeds out the boys who don't really want to play, and it leaves the ones with heart and that are willing to work. That's why they win.

That's why they were able to compete in 3A with a 2A enrollment.

Some people just need to learn that Satterfield is a great coach, and he has a great staff and a community that is die hard in support for its football team.

They also don't understand how bad RBS is.

I believe they hold the record for 77 consecutive losses, and their streak now is around 30. They're not even close to a bad team.

People need to cut TC and Satterfield a break.

To all these ones on here complaining: I hope TC plays your team and puts up 91 points. :)

The people on here who are downing TC are just ignorant.

TC doesn't have many players because it's a small school, and Satterfield works their butt off.

This weeds out the boys who don't really want to play, and it leaves the ones with heart and that are willing to work. That's why they win.

That's why they were able to compete in 3A with a 2A enrollment.

Some people just need to learn that Satterfield is a great coach, and he has a great staff and a community that is die hard in support for its football team.

They also don't understand how bad RBS is.

I believe they hold the record for 77 consecutive losses, and their streak now is around 30. They're not even close to a bad team.

People need to cut TC and Satterfield a break.

To all these ones on here complaining: I hope TC plays your team and puts up 91 points. :)

I have a few corrections to make:

1. TC never had 2A enrollment

2. I hope TC puts up 191 on these teams :):)

I agree. I think people underestimate really how bad RBS is year in and year out.

I have a few corrections to make:

1. TC never had 2A enrollment

2. I hope TC puts up 191 on these teams :):)

I agree. I think people underestimate really how bad RBS is year in and year out.

My Bad. I thought TC had a 2A enrollment those 4 years.

Anyway, TC was just that good last year.

It may be easier to put up 91 on a team than you think.

Most of the time when a team gets up by just 20, the other team lays down, and that can make it easy to get to 91.

My Bad. I thought TC had a 2A enrollment those 4 years.

Anyway, TC was just that good last year.

It may be easier to put up 91 on a team than you think.

Most of the time when a team gets up by just 20, the other team lays down, and that can make it easy to get to 91.

That is true. Sadly enough, when teams get down by 20 or so, many just lay down. That should NEVER happen! Look what Michigan St. did last week........But it does happen. And you're right. TC was that good last year, and a lot of other years. As well as some other teams were just that much better than their opponent; they couldn't help it. I'm not the FC fan by any stretch, but I'm glad they haven't come up against this nearly as much as TC did last year (of course they haven't beaten people quite like TC did last year.....). But nobody should have to deal with this If (big IF) they are clearly making an effort to not run up the score. But it's crazy to expect coaches to call the wrong plays or defenses on purpose, or tell their kids to miss blocks or tackles, or even in my opinion punt on first down.

If they can play 3a with 2a enrollment they arent a small school. DUH.

Your green cap you display is way too tight! If we had played in 12 A it would not have changed

our enrollment. If you insist on trying to put TC down, at least come up with something

that has some degree of sense! Or, maybe you could just do it on the creekbank year in &

year out.

We went from a required 2A to a voluntary 3A. So did Smith Co. We both did well with

what we had. We didn't recruit additional players to compete, neither did SC. We both

had quality players & coaches that were willing to work to "get er done" as they say!

As for the 2A enrollment those yrs., as Antwan said, we had barely enough enrollment

increase ( think it was about 30), to put us in 2A.

Sorry if things haven't went all that well for you. Possibly you should stay on the practice

field past sundown. Clint has been known to turn on the lights & stay until they get it

right. This is called a "light practice" in TC. LOL

Green is not only a nice color for caps, it also looks great on "envy".

One point that hasn't been made here, is, this is not about you, this is about TC & RBS.

These young men @ RBS haven't had the good fortune to have a competitive team. They

have, however, had the intestinal fortitude to show up & play yr. after yr., knowing

they are most likely going to lose. I can't begin to imagine how they manage to do this. To

me, this takes real character, much more than getting on a website & badmouthing someone

who is doing better. Go back & count the posts by RBS & others like yourself & see

who is doing the whining. These young men in RBS have earned the respect of everyone

in this area; can't say the same for you!

I'll second the respect factor for RBS. They lose and lose and lose. Not to mention the fact that they have no support from their student body. But they keep fielding a team. Their coaches and players are to be commended. And I think a big reason why you don't see them on here whining is because men with the kind of character that doesn't quit when things aren't going well, and don't just play to get a nice shiny ring (althought there's nothing wrong with nice shiny rings; just ask some TC players :thumb: ), also have the sense to understand that no one is purposely running the score up on them.