McMinn Central

So Central lost Coach daughter and Blevins to graduation and a back up from last year to ACLinjury. You say another big group of freshmen. Is everyone else back but the three mentioned? Where is coach gonna put all of them?

McMinn and McMinn Central play early in season again. First game probably will be interesing like last year. It seems kind of tough to play strong team so quick. We play severl AA teams later in season, don't understand why M.Central is so quick, maybe it is to get a lot of attendance and money before Bradley and W.Valley.

I really do not think it is to get attendance because the game has always been one of the first and the other to the end of the season. Didn't McMinn play in a single A tourn last year and get beat by a single A team? I really do not think the ratings of teams play in this. Oh, It has to be a McMinn and Central deal because if you remember the always switch the two games from each other homes

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard that Madison and two other freshmen are pushing last year freshmen and upperclassmen for some serious playing time.

I am proud of Madison and proud for her family. Great people. Another one that wore maroonandwhite!

Tell G.J. to leave the dashboard alone! Surely she does not inherit that from her dad's side of the family! :D:unsure:;)

I watched her in the county tourn last year and she really was the best player in the county tourn but was on the losing team that night. I think she was the best 8th grader that went to Central this year. Not to say the others are not worthy of talking about but she is a good player. B)

I hear that the M. Willliams and M. Lee made varsity. What about the Purkey girl of Englewood or anyone else? They lost 3 seniors, so I figured 3 more would make varsity. Anyone know?

I think the Purkey girl made it also with the other two you put down. Looks like a full roster for two years and what are the other girls going to do that wants to play?

Starters should be:

1) Simbeck

2) Jordan

3) Elder

4) Rayburn

5) Lambert

And they have a deep bench. I think these are all 10th grade except Rayburn who is 12th grade. From what I saw last year they shoud be about the same. But they make it to state.........

interesting linup. are we not missing maybe two girls that might jump ahead of two of these girls? I see maybe two on here that are not to fast...... :rolleyes:

interesting linup. are we not missing maybe two girls that might jump ahead of two of these girls? I see maybe two on here that are not to fast...... :thumb:

While Jordan is out with injury I figure according to the DPA yesterday there will be a point guard like the Lee girl starting (freshman). The coach identified he was looking for a true point guard to free Lambert up for more scoring opportunities. As strong as Lambert is the other teams will definitely double her so she has to have some fast help. Lee is tall and fast. The other freshman Williams will be a strong fast back up that will get in your face on defense.

What a young team that will finish strong. May take some early losses as they gell, but Coach Morgan's teams always improve as the season progreeses.

While Jordan is out with injury I figure according to the DPA yesterday there will be a point guard like the Lee girl starting (freshman). The coach identified he was looking for a true point guard to free Lambert up for more scoring opportunities. As strong as Lambert is the other teams will definitely double her so she has to have some fast help. Lee is tall and fast. The other freshman Williams will be a strong fast back up that will get in your face on defense.

What a young team that will finish strong. May take some early losses as they gell, but Coach Morgan's teams always improve as the season progreeses.

I saw the Lee girl play in the county tourn last year. I was real pleased seeing how she played but I do believe that, that Williams girl was a better player at that point in time. Not to say that the Lee girl isn't but I think that the William's girl is faster and can handle the ball just as good.

I think the coach will run Lambert as point and when the occasion arises he will try others at point but when they get in trouble, Lambert will bring the ball down. These incoming girls and a few of last years team need to understand that the defence end of the court is the most important part of the game at Central. Thats how they beat you, 100mph, in your face, four full quarters.

Just roll the ball out onto the court............... let them play !

Who started Tuesday nite for Central? Paper says Lee was lead scorer coming off of the bench. So besides Lambert, Rayburn and Simbeck, who started the other two positions??

Davis and Elder. Lee came off the bench and drained a few shots to wake them up. It appeared she was not too scared except for her first shot she took in her first high school career game was a massive air ball after that she settled down. Lambert was as usual, awsome defence with many steals and very good reading of the floor at point. She didnt seem to take too many shots that night. Each time you blinked there was a different post in there. Cami played as hard as I have seen her play in a long time. Davis is a good shooter but needs to stay and play defence. Elder played good defence and had several rebounds. All a little rough around the edges but should come together quicker this year. I think they play Chatt. Christian tonight.